Author Topic: New DT Tour dates  (Read 142446 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: New DT Tour dates
« Reply #875 on: July 29, 2017, 09:28:18 AM »
The Nashville show is War Memorial and they sell directly thru their own web site.  The floor was general admission and 50 dollars.  I am too old to stand and fight to get close to the stage on the floor.  The 1st tier was 60 dollars, but the first few rows were not available when the web site opened at 10 am.  I got the next tier for 40 dollars. Took about 5 minutes to search and order.  The venue holds up to 2,000 and I expect we will get some folks from North and central  Alabama along with the Atlanta area.

I know GA floor isn't for everyone, but I really wish they had a GA pit for either of the shows I am going to.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #876 on: July 29, 2017, 10:50:23 AM »
I decided not to see YES this year because I was saving my money to see Dream Theater. Well The Great Debate turned into the great disappointment as DT boycotted Seattle and the great northwest. So now I guess I'm going to see YES in early September. Not really Yes without Jon Anderson but at least it's something to do.   :-\
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #877 on: July 29, 2017, 12:18:26 PM »
The Nashville show is War Memorial and they sell directly thru their own web site.  The floor was general admission and 50 dollars.  I am too old to stand and fight to get close to the stage on the floor.  The 1st tier was 60 dollars, but the first few rows were not available when the web site opened at 10 am.  I got the next tier for 40 dollars. Took about 5 minutes to search and order.  The venue holds up to 2,000 and I expect we will get some folks from North and central  Alabama along with the Atlanta area.

I know GA floor isn't for everyone, but I really wish they had a GA pit for either of the shows I am going to.

I saw the Opeth/Gojira show at War Memorial and the pit was fun to watch especially with Gojira. 
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #878 on: July 29, 2017, 12:24:29 PM »
I looked at the M&G tix for the LA show and was surprised to see that the possible tix were rows AAA-M.  No way I'm paying $300 for row 18 seats.  I've done the M&G 3 tines and it was always the first 5 row crap shoot.

I did the meet and greet on TA and for I&W in Europe, and I knew exactly what seat I was getting when I purchased it.  I'm with you - not paying that kind of money without knowing where I'll end up.  I did it for Rush once (no M&G, just premium seats), bought my tix the second they went on sale, and ended up in 15th row.  Never again.  Hopefully more people will feel the same, sales for this will be done (just these presales, not the whole show), and they'll stop the shenanigans. For those prices you should be able to see your exact seat so you can pass it it's too far back or too far to the sides for your liking.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #879 on: July 29, 2017, 05:22:24 PM »
Purchased my ticket for the Dallas show today. It seemed silly to pay the $30 extra to be marginally closer, so I'm posted up in Row L.

Also, I'm back on this forum after a five-year absence, and that's pretty weird, man.
:tup
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #880 on: July 30, 2017, 09:42:52 AM »
Purchased my ticket for the Dallas show today. It seemed silly to pay the $30 extra to be marginally closer, so I'm posted up in Row L.

Also, I'm back on this forum after a five-year absence, and that's pretty weird, man.

Has it really been 5 years?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline wolfandwolfandwolf

• Gym Rat
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Really Scrappy Player
« Reply #881 on: July 31, 2017, 09:51:13 PM »

Yes. I think my last log in was before I was married. I've been married for 5 years now. Love the band as much now as I did then and miss talking about them!

Online geeeemo

« Reply #882 on: August 01, 2017, 10:55:53 AM »
I am planning on buying tickets tomorrow for Denver during the pre-sale.  I noticed that through the DT website to purchase, it directs you to Sound Rink.  I also went to the venue website - Paramount Theater.  It directs you to Altitude Tickets.  I called Paramount and got a  password for the pre sale - SHARKS - .. Is one better than the other?  I am actually traveling tomorrow and fortunately will have about 30 mins in between planes during the time the sale starts.  I do need to be efficient though and don't want to be going to one and then it doesn't work.  Any tips would be great!

Offline Scottjf8

« Reply #883 on: August 01, 2017, 11:33:55 AM »

Yes. I think my last log in was before I was married. I've been married for 5 years now. Love the band as much now as I did then and miss talking about them!

I'm new here but live in Dallas too (McKinney) and got 4th row center. Cant wait.

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #884 on: August 01, 2017, 12:09:42 PM »
Whoo hoo!  My tickets have been printed and will be shipping shortly.   :metal

Offline earlilano

« Reply #885 on: August 01, 2017, 12:21:28 PM »

Did you buy from Soundrink presale? If yes how was the seat? Did they email you informing the seat? I bought through Soundrink for the Wiltern show and they told me I would get my seat assignment sometime this week.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #886 on: August 01, 2017, 12:59:16 PM »
I might be going to the NYC show at the Beacon Theater. My brother is a pilot for Jet Blu and can get me free passes to fly there from Washington state.
Should I get my tix asap? I'm thinking DT could easily sell out The Beacon Theater.
Plus I've never been to NYC..
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #887 on: August 01, 2017, 01:03:00 PM »
I might be going to the NYC show at the Beacon Theater. My brother is a pilot for Jet Blu and can get me free passes to fly there from Washington state.
Should I get my tix asap? I'm thinking DT could easily sell out The Beacon Theater.

I don't think you need to get them ASAP.  I've seen DT the last two times at the Beacon and I don't believe they sold out either times although both times it was pretty packed.  I'd say you only need to buy them ASAP if you want to make sure you get the seat of your choosing.  If you do that, you could possibly make it to the Asbury Park show too that Saturday. 

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #888 on: August 01, 2017, 01:14:03 PM »
Cool thanks cramx3!  That sounds like a fine idea hitting both shows..  :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #889 on: August 01, 2017, 01:23:44 PM »
Cool thanks cramx3!  That sounds like a fine idea hitting both shows..  :metal

No problem.  I'm actually making a long weekend out of it since the Friday between both DT shows I have a ticket to see HIM in NYC so it looks like it's turning into a mini local concert vacation.  I live close to Asbury so if you end up going, let me know if you have any questions or anything.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #890 on: August 01, 2017, 01:34:06 PM »
I certainly will. I'll P.M. you if I make it out that way for either or both of the shows. Its cool to meet people from the forums here too. I got to meet jammin-dude at a Symphony X show in Seattle. Way cool person!

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #891 on: August 01, 2017, 01:50:04 PM »

Did you buy from Soundrink presale? If yes how was the seat? Did they email you informing the seat? I bought through Soundrink for the Wiltern show and they told me I would get my seat assignment sometime this week.

I got my tix through Ticketmaster when they had their presale last week.

I don't think you need to get them ASAP.  I've seen DT the last two times at the Beacon and I don't believe they sold out either times although both times it was pretty packed.  I'd say you only need to buy them ASAP if you want to make sure you get the seat of your choosing.  If you do that, you could possibly make it to the Asbury Park show too that Saturday.
What he said.  If you want to make sure you get the best seating, I'd jump on the Beacon tix when they go onsale later this week. 

As for Asbury, there are still plenty of seats available.  If it were 2002 and MP was still in the band, I'd say go for both shows since they'd be different set lists.  These days, at most, there'd be one different song.  Not much reason to go to both, other than to go to multiple DT shows.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #892 on: August 01, 2017, 02:07:12 PM »
There won't be any repeating songs, but that doesn't mean there's no reason to see more than one show.  Different experiences.  However, I totally get why someone would only care to see the show once.

I know for me, Images and Words is my all time favorite album for any band.  Learning To Live is my favorite DT track.  I've never seen them play that song out of the 14 times seeing them.  I think this is the last opportunity for me to check out some of these tracks live, including ACOS.  So I find value in seeing the show multiple times.  But that's just me, I'm also really into seeing concerts and enjoying the live experience being part of the crowd, cheering, having fun with random people, and whatnot.  Not everyone is into that.

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #893 on: August 01, 2017, 02:32:28 PM »
There won't be any repeating songs, but that doesn't mean there's no reason to see more than one show.  Different experiences.  However, I totally get why someone would only care to see the show once.

I know for me, Images and Words is my all time favorite album for any band.  Learning To Live is my favorite DT track.  I've never seen them play that song out of the 14 times seeing them.  I think this is the last opportunity for me to check out some of these tracks live, including ACOS.  So I find value in seeing the show multiple times.  But that's just me, I'm also really into seeing concerts and enjoying the live experience being part of the crowd, cheering, having fun with random people, and whatnot.  Not everyone is into that.
Totally agree.  That was me before a house and kid.  These days, I need to budget my time/money for "me" things a little more than I had to when it was just me.  Now, unless I'm getting something different like when I saw them 2 consecutive nights at the Beacon on the SDoIT tour, it's not a priority.  These days, if I get to 2-3 concerts in a year, it's a lot. 

Offline WebRaider

• Like What You Like, People...
« Reply #894 on: August 01, 2017, 06:23:54 PM »
Curious to those who purchased tickets to the shows that went on sale last week. If you didn't purchase tickets through Sound Rink and instead through Ticketmaster/Livenation when did those presales begin in relation to the Sound Rink presales. As I understand it Sound Rink presales began at 10am on Wed of last week? After that when did the Ticketmaster/Livenation presales begin? Thanks for any help or info you all could share :)

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #895 on: August 01, 2017, 09:05:37 PM »
Webraider, for several cities, the SoundRink VIP package presale was last Wednesday at 10am, and the Ticketmaster/Live Nation presale was Thursday at 10am.  FYI, I scooped up 3rd row pit tickets at the Ticketmaster Thursday presale.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #896 on: August 01, 2017, 10:43:07 PM »
Nooooo! Presales for Albuquerque and Houston won't go on sale tomorrow.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #897 on: August 02, 2017, 06:59:36 AM »
Webraider, for several cities, the SoundRink VIP package presale was last Wednesday at 10am, and the Ticketmaster/Live Nation presale was Thursday at 10am.  FYI, I scooped up 3rd row pit tickets at the Ticketmaster Thursday presale.

That seems to be the case for the NYC show as well going on sale today, tomorrow, and friday for all.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #898 on: August 02, 2017, 08:52:04 AM »
Anyone know the pre-sale password for Peoria Illinois that go on sale tomorrow? Or where I'd go to learn that?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #899 on: August 02, 2017, 10:29:20 AM »
From DT's Facebook

"Since tour dates are still in flux, we're moving James Labrie's FB live video chat. As soon as we have solid tour dates to give you, we'll get back in touch with the details. Stay close!"

More US dates?

Offline MasterLomaxus

• Onion Flakes
« Reply #900 on: August 02, 2017, 10:31:03 AM »
From DT's Facebook

"Since tour dates are still in flux, we're moving James Labrie's FB live video chat. As soon as we have solid tour dates to give you, we'll get back in touch with the details. Stay close!"

More US dates?

I think Jordan did mention something about more dates in one of his videos.  However, I was under the impression he meant other Asian dates, or maybe South America or something.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #901 on: August 02, 2017, 10:39:50 AM »
From DT's Facebook

More US dates?

I think Jordan did mention something about more dates in one of his videos.  However, I was under the impression he meant other Asian dates, or maybe South America or something.

They did just announce another asian date recently.  Is it possible they are also talking about JLB solo tour dates?  He mentioned he may be doing that in 2018.

Offline earlilano

« Reply #902 on: August 02, 2017, 11:57:00 AM »

I'm going to be pissed if I get bad seats from SoundRink. If I knew I could still get good seats from the Ticektmaster/Live Nation presale, I would have gone that route.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #903 on: August 02, 2017, 12:39:48 PM »
You're half right here. Some bands can bring a very different vibe from one show to the next, even keeping the same set. I've seen plenty of bands on consecutive nights put on very different shows. DT isn't really one of them, though. It's like seeing Roger Waters. The show is so choreographed there's no room for variation. About the best you can really hope for is that they make mistakes here and there (and I love seeing bands make mistakes).

I might catch the Austin or Houston show, as well as Dallas, but it'll only be for the reason you mentioned. An opportunity to see a great song twice. I won't expect anything different at all about the performances, though.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #904 on: August 02, 2017, 04:56:13 PM »

I'm going to be pissed if I get bad seats from SoundRink. If I knew I could still get good seats from the Ticektmaster/Live Nation presale, I would have gone that route.

If you purchased the SoundRink presale early Wednesday morning , I'm sure you'll get decent seats. My issues were (1) I found out about the presale late Wed afternoon, hurting my chances of preferred availability (2) when I was curious to see the tickets were left, the site kept looping me back to the sign in page, and (3) then I learned that the VIP tickets would be assigned in October, and could be Row M.   

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #905 on: August 02, 2017, 05:22:41 PM »
Got my tickets to the Asbury Park show. :metal

People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #906 on: August 02, 2017, 05:23:23 PM »
 :metal

Offline gm5k

« Reply #907 on: August 02, 2017, 05:59:04 PM »
Was ready RIGHT at 10:00 AM on the Austin presale...best I could get was row 15 for 4 seats next to each other.  I checked later and row 8 was available for the same situation.  I was a bit livid even though I'm sure it's my fault for not being familiar with these kinda ticket buying situations and not listening to you guys.  I called the office and haggled my way into row 13 right middle seats which are awesome for that venue (Lady on phone said really the best view for a band actually)

Even more awesome is my buddy's wife managed to snag the other 4 (there's 8 DT fans here in total) in that row 8 I saw.  That's where I'll be sitting with my hardcore DT fan friends.  The other 4 who are more casual fans will sit in the 13th row which is still awesome.  We're all so excited  :metal

Looking at venue seating the experience probably shouldn't be that different between these rows.  Venue looks epic as hell  :tup

Edit:  The woman on the phone said the attention this concert was getting for a presale was pretty insane comparatively with other concerts.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 06:10:32 PM by gm5k »

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #908 on: August 02, 2017, 06:07:35 PM »
I love choosing your own seats. Got Sec.4 Row B seat 2. But I wanted the VIP. Hopefully they'll have an add on for us here in Albuquerque.

A bit upset that their FB said no presales. Yet they didn't bother mentioning Ticketmaster will be doing presales today.

All these should've been settled before the dates. Unless they were last minute decisions. JR was here in New Mexico like a month ago.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #909 on: August 02, 2017, 08:24:54 PM »
Scratch the above. VIP just went on sale and snatched those up right away...I'd be happy if I got dead center front row. Anywhere here is a good seat.