Author Topic: New DT Tour dates  (Read 142456 times)

Offline goo-goo

Re: New DT Tour dates
« Reply #840 on: July 27, 2017, 10:33:43 AM »
I really don't understand this fucking band. The venue they're playing this time in Dallas can be configured for 2500, 4000, and 8000. It's matter of opening up the 300s and then the lawn. DT might sell 1500 here, so naturally they're using the 4k configuration. The smart play here is to buy the cheap $29 seats in the 300 section. The day of the show they'll be reticketed all the way down to the 100 level. From there you move up even further.

Surprised they chose this venue. The Verizon Theater was always good as far as attendance in my recollection.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #841 on: July 27, 2017, 10:57:11 AM »
Surprised by y'alls ticket prices.

The base ticket price in Boston is $33.50. Which is insanely cheap, that's like two cocktails worth in downtown Boston.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #842 on: July 27, 2017, 11:15:36 AM »
This sucks. We're taking my daughter, since she loves Images and Words (she's 8) and so we were originally going to do Loge, and try and do first couple of rows. Well, those were totally unavailable (figures) so we dropped into orchestra, and got orchestra Row K, all the way, what I thought was on the side (it is first row of that orchestra section). I thought it was on JP's side (I got turned around), turns out it is Jordan's.

If by chance anyone got front row Loge for Oakland and has three tickets (I know, long shot) and wants to trade straight up, hit me up. I'll eat the extra money. I just wanted my daughter to get a clearer view and be either more center or on JP's side (she enjoys the guitars more, as do I).
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline OptionalPlayer

• Comprised of a series of ones and zeros
« Reply #843 on: July 27, 2017, 11:22:00 AM »
What I'm most annoyed by is that the pre-sales are for American Express card holders. Now I must wait until tomorrow! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeee!

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #844 on: July 27, 2017, 11:31:32 AM »
What I'm most annoyed by is that the pre-sales are for American Express card holders. Now I must wait until tomorrow! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeee!

Are you sure? Mine wasn't.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #845 on: July 27, 2017, 11:37:30 AM »
I really don't understand this fucking band. The venue they're playing this time in Dallas can be configured for 2500, 4000, and 8000. It's matter of opening up the 300s and then the lawn. DT might sell 1500 here, so naturally they're using the 4k configuration. The smart play here is to buy the cheap $29 seats in the 300 section. The day of the show they'll be reticketed all the way down to the 100 level. From there you move up even further.

Surprised they chose this venue. The Verizon Theater was always good as far as attendance in my recollection.
The configuration they purchased at Nextstage seated 1,940. They never sold it out, but they'd generally be good for 1,500 or so. They did alright there. So while I can see how that was a good sized place for them, I don't see how a small configuration of a large venue is going to be cost effective compared to a small venue. It's the same with the mini-Starplex in Irving. They're buying a small configuration of a giant place. And judging from ticket prices it certainly doesn't seem like they got offered a great deal for playing a new venue.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #846 on: July 27, 2017, 11:38:00 AM »

Dallas has five or six presales going on right now. Yesterday it was only Citi.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #847 on: July 27, 2017, 11:42:40 AM »
If by chance anyone got front row Loge for Oakland and has three tickets (I know, long shot) and wants to trade straight up, hit me up. I'll eat the extra money. I just wanted my daughter to get a clearer view and be either more center or on JP's side (she enjoys the guitars more, as do I).
You can certainly hit up some local ticket agencies (scalpers). They're usually pretty interested in trades. However, the front row-ness of what you want will make those tickets more valuable than your close up floor seats. Even though yours cost more, I doubt they'd be as valuable in the secondary market. But you should still inquire. And my guess is that second row balc would probably be similarly valued. Front row anywhere fetches a premium.
E.F. Benson

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #848 on: July 27, 2017, 11:46:49 AM »
Jumped on the presale right at 10am sharp, had the password ready to go in my copy clipboard, picked Row A on the floor for Los Angeles, filled out the form, one click away from purchase - and dang - windows crashes. 

Panic ensues, log back on, and find Row CCC  in the pit, center aisle seat.  Complete purchase.  Not bad for a little misfortune.

If DT offers the M&G package without ticket I plan to upgrade.  $299 (plus service fees) is way too much risk for "wait n see" tickets.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #849 on: July 27, 2017, 11:52:19 AM »
You can certainly hit up some local ticket agencies (scalpers). They're usually pretty interested in trades. However, the front row-ness of what you want will make those tickets more valuable than your close up floor seats. Even though yours cost more, I doubt they'd be as valuable in the secondary market. But you should still inquire. And my guess is that second row balc would probably be similarly valued. Front row anywhere fetches a premium.

EB -- my tickets are front row, actually. Front row of the section. My concern is sightline, since we are on far stage right...Jordan is the closest, but might not be as viewable because of the angle. We'll have a golden view of center stage and JP, however, because of the angle.  It should be fine, and I am thankful we got tickets. I was just hoping to give her a better overall view. But these should work out OK.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Joshgirouard

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #850 on: July 27, 2017, 12:01:33 PM »
Just in case people need it , passwords for Toronto are (live nation : tempo and Sony insider password is :insider)

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #851 on: July 27, 2017, 12:49:12 PM »
Did an online chat with Ticketmaster, my seat was indeed only for wheelchair people. Boo. Well, they refunded me and I bought a (cheaper) box seat. When I did that with Steven Wilson it turned out to be an amazing seat, so I'm chancing it with DT as well.

Offline OptionalPlayer

« Reply #852 on: July 27, 2017, 12:56:49 PM »

If you didn't buy your tix through Soundrink, where'd you get them from? And if so, please provide a link?  :-*

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #853 on: July 27, 2017, 01:01:42 PM »
Ticketmasterbastard.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline OptionalPlayer

« Reply #854 on: July 27, 2017, 01:02:31 PM »
I'm literally on there right now trying to buy them, but they're saying I need to use an Amex Credit or Debit card to make the purchase.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #855 on: July 27, 2017, 02:38:43 PM »
I'm literally on there right now trying to buy them, but they're saying I need to use an Amex Credit or Debit card to make the purchase.
[/quote

The Oakland show?

If so, put in the password:

navi

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline OptionalPlayer

« Reply #856 on: July 27, 2017, 02:41:23 PM »
Naw.  It was the Toronto show.

I'll be sure to snag 'em tomorrow!

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #857 on: July 27, 2017, 03:28:55 PM »
Rough schedule. 18 shows in 25 days  :eek

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #858 on: July 27, 2017, 04:04:19 PM »

EB -- my tickets are front row, actually. Front row of the section. My concern is sightline, since we are on far stage right...Jordan is the closest, but might not be as viewable because of the angle. We'll have a golden view of center stage and JP, however, because of the angle.  It should be fine, and I am thankful we got tickets. I was just hoping to give her a better overall view. But these should work out OK.

Good thing about the Fox, unlike the Warfield, is that I don't believe they have a long bank of hanging overhead monitors, so I don't think your view will be obstructed, even way on one side.  That's my recollection anyway.  Granted, the stage my be configured slightly differently than for The Astonishing, but in-house hanging monitors usually belong to the venue, so I doubt that would change.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Scottjf8

« Reply #859 on: July 27, 2017, 09:19:09 PM »

And I'm seeing them the second from last night of the tour. They might be exhausted by then.

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #860 on: July 28, 2017, 06:30:32 AM »
So does anyone know when the presale for the other gigs starts? Is that today? I'm looking at the Pittsburgh show specifically.

The venue now has the gig up on their site, but they don't start selling tickets until August 4th.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #861 on: July 28, 2017, 06:33:43 AM »
So does anyone know when the presale for the other gigs starts? Is that today? I'm looking at the Pittsburgh show specifically.

The venue now has the gig up on their site, but they don't start selling tickets until August 4th.

Sounds right, if they weren't going on sale this week then the presale is next wednesday with public sales on friday.  I believe that is also the case for NYC.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #862 on: July 28, 2017, 07:57:19 AM »
I was geared up to see what I would find for NYC today. Its not today?
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #863 on: July 28, 2017, 08:03:08 AM »

And I'm seeing them the second from last night of the tour. They might be exhausted by then.

You might only get to hear one season from ACOS
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #864 on: July 28, 2017, 08:12:56 AM »
I was geared up to see what I would find for NYC today. Its not today?

It's not even listed on Ticketmaster and the other site says coming soon.  So I believe it will be on sale next week.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #865 on: July 28, 2017, 11:30:31 AM »
guess i should have gotten an LA ticket during the presale, i figured more good/close seats would be available today but that wasn't the case  :tdwn
seats aren't too bad, but considering 70% of the floor seats are $99, i'd have preferred to be a lot closer at that price.  oh well, at least ill be going  :metal

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #866 on: July 28, 2017, 12:21:47 PM »
Albany goes on sale next Friday, cheapest tix are $29.75

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #867 on: July 28, 2017, 02:15:00 PM »
guess i should have gotten an LA ticket during the presale, i figured more good/close seats would be available today but that wasn't the case  :tdwn
seats aren't too bad, but considering 70% of the floor seats are $99, i'd have preferred to be a lot closer at that price.  oh well, at least ill be going  :metal

But they did release about 8 tickets in the pit for the LA show for today's GA sale as part of the Citi Card preferred ticket promotion.  Sorry I don't have the password.

Just checked availability now (1:20pm PST) and there are 2 front row AAA tickets in the pit for $295 each, which were not there this morning.  Looks like it is sold via Live Nation, not re-seller.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 02:23:07 PM by RaiseTheKnife »

Offline wolfandwolfandwolf

• Gym Rat
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Really Scrappy Player
« Reply #868 on: July 28, 2017, 03:46:27 PM »
Purchased my ticket for the Dallas show today. It seemed silly to pay the $30 extra to be marginally closer, so I'm posted up in Row L.

Also, I'm back on this forum after a five-year absence, and that's pretty weird, man.

Offline OptionalPlayer

« Reply #869 on: July 28, 2017, 05:02:28 PM »
That was hands-down the most difficult, if not stressful purchase for DT tickets I've ever come across (this is my twelfth time seeing them, btw).

Ticketmaster was awful. As noon rolled around, I went for "best available" in the balcony seating which I wanted. During the pre-sale, I could choose tickets, but during public - nope. Just best available. When I scanned, I got some floors (despite asking for balcony). The next refresh, I got far back balcony seats. The next refresh, they seemed. . . sold out. The screen wouldn't refresh any new tickets for me. I had myself on a browser, my Ticketmaster Phone app and a friend on her phone app all refreshing until something came available. Nothing popped up. I honestly thought I was SoL.

Because I had a browser open, I looked to see if American Express holders had seats reserved for them - and they did - but I had no Amex card to buy them (damn you, annual fees!). There were tons available and you could choose your seating. To make matters more strenuous, this was all done while I was at work.

It was 12:15 by the time tickets popped up available for us non-Amex folk, so I scooped them immediately. It was in mezzanine seating which was $30 more per ticket, but whatever. I got them.

Come 12:30, I check Ticketmaster again and hundreds of tickets - the ones originally reserved for American Express pre-sale customers - became available to the public. So I could've bought cheaper tickets had I known Ticketmaster wasn't actually going to release ALL of the tickets when they go public at noon.

Anyway, first world problems, I know. But what a mess of a transaction. Mission accomplished.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #870 on: July 28, 2017, 05:37:17 PM »
I'm not buying until we get closer to the show. It's a fucking Wednesday night! WTF?? Our babysitter is off to college this year. Hopefully we can get someone to watch the kids on a school night.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #871 on: July 28, 2017, 06:47:26 PM »
The Nashville show is War Memorial and they sell directly thru their own web site.  The floor was general admission and 50 dollars.  I am too old to stand and fight to get close to the stage on the floor.  The 1st tier was 60 dollars, but the first few rows were not available when the web site opened at 10 am.  I got the next tier for 40 dollars. Took about 5 minutes to search and order.  The venue holds up to 2,000 and I expect we will get some folks from North and central  Alabama along with the Atlanta area. 

Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #872 on: July 28, 2017, 07:20:44 PM »
I"m really getting the itch to go to Raleigh and see the show. Maybe if work isn't bad I"ll drive up and come home followed by working from home the next day.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #873 on: July 28, 2017, 08:38:24 PM »
I"m really getting the itch to go to Raleigh and see the show. Maybe if work isn't bad I"ll drive up and come home followed by working from home the next day.

BenStillerDoIt.gif
Photobucket sucks.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #874 on: July 29, 2017, 05:18:47 AM »
I looked at the M&G tix for the LA show and was surprised to see that the possible tix were rows AAA-M.  No way I'm paying $300 for row 18 seats.  I've done the M&G 3 tines and it was always the first 5 row crap shoot.

On further reflection, I work the day of and after the show (12hr shifts).  It's gonna be real tough to burn a  couple Vac days for the show...sigh.