Author Topic: New DT Tour dates  (Read 142514 times)

Offline Joshgirouard

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
Re: New DT Tour dates
« Reply #735 on: July 26, 2017, 08:38:18 AM »
I don't get how this system will work . For The remaining dates not on presale today it says they will be next week . However the public on sale is this Friday . Good luck getting a decent ticket via their presale links for all the presales next week 🤔

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #736 on: July 26, 2017, 08:40:03 AM »
They still don't have the Toronto date up yet........Brutal.Tickets on sale at 10.00 A.M. local time.....Right..... ::)

May not go on sale today.  They weren't clear on what dates do and don't.  NJ tickets are on sale, but NYC are not.

They should have stayed with Crowdsurge like they did for the TA tour. Seems some people are having problems with this site.
Man I wish ( and miss) the days of standing in line to get tickets lol.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 08:49:21 AM by dream416 »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #737 on: July 26, 2017, 08:40:38 AM »
I don't get how this system will work . For The remaining dates not on presale today it says they will be next week . However the public on sale is this Friday . Good luck getting a decent ticket via their presale links for all the presales next week 🤔

I believe if the presale is not today, then the public sale is Friday next week after the presale. 

Offline OptionalPlayer

• Comprised of a series of ones and zeros
« Reply #738 on: July 26, 2017, 08:42:11 AM »
They still don't have the Toronto date up yet........Brutal.Tickets on sale at 10.00 A.M. local time.....Right..... ::)

May not go on sale today.  They weren't clear on what dates do and don't.  NJ tickets are on sale, but NYC are not.

According to Ticketmaster, the presale for Toronto is tomorrow at 10am.

https://www.ticketmaster.ca/dream-theater-toronto-ontario-11-12-2017/event/100052F9CA6241B7?artistid=744581&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=200

Now if we only had a presale password. . .

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #739 on: July 26, 2017, 08:47:56 AM »

According to Ticketmaster, the presale for Toronto is tomorrow at 10am.

https://www.ticketmaster.ca/dream-theater-toronto-ontario-11-12-2017/event/100052F9CA6241B7?artistid=744581&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=200

Now if we only had a presale password. . .

This lol ^

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #740 on: July 26, 2017, 08:50:40 AM »
Has anyone been successful in getting tickets to the Boston show? Or any other?
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #741 on: July 26, 2017, 08:52:12 AM »
What's bad about the Orpheum?  I know nothing of the place so just wondering.

It's old and grungy. Plus, it's tough to find parking. But as far as seeing a concert there, all sightlines are excellent. The Opera House was nice enough (cleaner), but honestly, I'd rather see them at the Orpheum.

The grungy part is one thing, the other thing is that DT are driving the house PA way past the point of what it can do. The sound is usually horrible there. I saw Steven Wilson there and he nowhere near was as loud, and the PA was actually really nice-sounding.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Joshgirouard

« Reply #742 on: July 26, 2017, 08:53:23 AM »

I believe if the presale is not today, then the public sale is Friday next week after the presale.

According to Ticketmaster live nation presales are tomorrow and onsales to public are Friday July 28th 12pm

Offline Joshgirouard

« Reply #743 on: July 26, 2017, 08:53:59 AM »
I just had this chat with soundrink:

How come you don't specify exact seats for the dream theater concerts ? I don't feel comfortable buying a ticket for that price without knowing where it is ,especially when you give a very broad range of where the seats could be
Live chat operator avatar
Sound Rink
Hi there. We will be emailing people what their exact seating is at some point in the neat future.Sorry--*near.
How near ?... it's really hard to blindly risk that kind of money on such a huge question mark
Sound Rink
Which offer are you looking to purchase?
im looking for toronto
Sound Rink
The sections associated with a particular package are first come, first serve within those reserved sections.Buyers will be notified closer to the show date which seat they have exactly.
So if they go on sale at 10 am and I get mine 2 seconds later , my seats will be the best available within the bracket that you offer ?
Sound Rink
Correct.

Olark Live Chat   

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #744 on: July 26, 2017, 09:00:08 AM »
Do you think it's a stubbornness about the actual venues, or is it more promoter related?

Good relationships with promoters, who have relationships with the venues. And if a venue makes sense for a production, then the promoter will put them there. Unless a band hates a venue, I think they just go with what the promoter recommends. A band's management/booking agent are usually the ones who communicate directly with promoters.

Question -- do we have to go through soundlink? I saw Livenation presales, so perhaps tickets can be assigned normally through them? I need three seats for Oakland...
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #745 on: July 26, 2017, 09:04:26 AM »
Wow, I can't believe that's how they are actually selling tickets...  :-[

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #746 on: July 26, 2017, 09:15:12 AM »
Excited for a Raleigh show!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #747 on: July 26, 2017, 09:23:30 AM »

Its select dates go on sale this week. With the remaining dates going on sale next week (including their own pre-sales).
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #748 on: July 26, 2017, 09:35:37 AM »
Sometimes I think buying tickets for a lot of shows on the on sale day is set up to screw you. They know the diehard will buy so I think the strategy is to fuck over that fan and save good seats to lure people into buying weeks later when sales sag and they have a shitload of tickets left. That's why the last time I went to the Beacon on sale day I pulled 7th row center. I've pulled great seats on show nights. I walked up for Rush at PNC a few years back and got 3rd row center 2 hours before the show.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #749 on: July 26, 2017, 09:49:40 AM »
Yea, Im thinking waiting till day of might be the best course of action.  This sale is a joke IMO unless you want the meet and greet package.

Offline gm5k

« Reply #750 on: July 26, 2017, 09:58:02 AM »
Has there been any word as to whether they might change up the setlist at all for the new NA tour?

Got some friends that are down for the Austin show, but I've been seen so many of the I&W songs live multiple times before I'm more interested in what they'll be playing outside of that album. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #751 on: July 26, 2017, 10:00:18 AM »
Has there been any word as to whether they might change up the setlist at all for the new NA tour?

Got some friends that are down for the Austin show, but I've been seen so many of the I&W songs live multiple times before I'm more interested in what they'll be playing outside that album. 
One never knows.  I know the band were toying with the idea of making a change or two (not to the I&W portion of the set--that will stay intact).  But I have no idea how far they went down that path.  ...and even if I did know, which I don't, I wouldn't tell.  :)
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #752 on: July 26, 2017, 10:17:07 AM »
Some clarification an hour ago (yet an hour after sales started):
These are the official presales on sale today. General on-sale for these dates will be this Friday. Then another batch of presales on Aug 2 (with general on Aug 4)
10am local time today: Oakland, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston, Asbury Park, Philadelphia, Nashville and Dallas

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #753 on: July 26, 2017, 10:21:50 AM »

+2 for that excitement... a show within 3.5-hours of home and 5-blocks from The Pit (I know Ed Mitchell's not there anymore, but I'm sure it's still excellent)... I'm down!  As much as I LOVE going to D.C. for shows, it's nice to have one closer to home!
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Online faizoff

« Reply #754 on: July 26, 2017, 10:24:33 AM »
Dammit no Florida dates. Have to figure out which date to do a road trip.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gm5k

« Reply #755 on: July 26, 2017, 10:33:04 AM »

Got some friends that are down for the Austin show, but I've been seen so many of the I&W songs live multiple times before I'm more interested in what they'll be playing outside that album. 
One never knows.  I know the band were toying with the idea of making a change or two (not to the I&W portion of the set--that will stay intact).  But I have no idea how far they went down that path.  ...and even if I did know, which I don't, I wouldn't tell.  :)

Indeed.  Thanks...I'm sure I'll know the exact set list by the Austin show.  One of the last ones  ;D   I'll be way too curious and check on here eventually.

I just hope that if they take out ACOS, it's not for Octavarium.  If I was gonna have the encore epic changed out it'd be for TCOT  :metal  ITPOE would be cool, too.

Offline Scottjf8

« Reply #756 on: July 26, 2017, 10:39:00 AM »

I got Dallas. 4th row center!

The citi presale password is the first 6 digits of a citi card number.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #757 on: July 26, 2017, 10:44:03 AM »

Indeed.  Thanks...I'm sure I'll know the exact set list by the Austin show.  One of the last ones  ;D   I'll be way too curious and check on here eventually.

I just hope that if they take out ACOS, it's not for Octavarium.  If I was gonna have the encore epic changed out it'd be for TCOT  :metal  ITPOE would be cool, too.

Well, I can say that I have not heard ANY discussions about taking out ACOS.  Other than I&W, I think they consider that to be a centerpiece of this tour.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Scottjf8

« Reply #758 on: July 26, 2017, 10:45:02 AM »

Well, I can say that I have not heard ANY discussions about taking out ACOS.  Other than I&W, I think they consider that to be a centerpiece of this tour.

Yes, it's not going anywhere since ACoS was supposed to be ON I&W

Offline gm5k

« Reply #759 on: July 26, 2017, 10:46:46 AM »

That's good news.  It will be incredible to see it live.  Always been one of my favorites.

In that case, I wouldn't mind seeing BAI taken out for TCOT.  Don't know if that would mess with the timing of the show though (as far as venue rules go) as TCOT is about 7 minutes longer.  Also maybe too long of an epic to be in the middle of the show/end of first set.  Lines in the Sand would line up better if they wanted to keep the same time.  Just thinking out loud here and wishing  :biggrin:  I'd like to see The Bigger Picture, Hell's Kitchen, and As I Am stay on the set.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 11:06:16 AM by gm5k »

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #760 on: July 26, 2017, 10:57:26 AM »

I got Dallas. 4th row center!

The citi presale password is the first 6 digits of a citi card number.
At 1030 TM didn't even have the event listed. Talk about a haphazard operation. In any case, I'm not spending 120 to see DT. Hell, that's what I paid for Roger Waters
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #761 on: July 26, 2017, 10:58:34 AM »
Tickets are THAT expensive? 120 each?
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #762 on: July 26, 2017, 11:02:14 AM »
Tickets are THAT expensive? 120 each?
Front seats are $99+TTL. When I put three 5th row in the box they were 357. Moving a few rows back they're $69. That's closer to what DT is worth in my book.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #763 on: July 26, 2017, 11:10:48 AM »
PEORIA ILLINOIS

WHAT
But if the dung comes out
He shits the death upon a man
Throw them a rag
Better to save the menstruate
Then surrender tuna sea crap
Whale!

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #764 on: July 26, 2017, 11:21:33 AM »
Oakland will no doubt be pricey. F.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #765 on: July 26, 2017, 11:38:00 AM »
Such BS. The soundlink presale for the Oakland gig? Literally just got posted, and apparently all the standard tickets are sold out already. now, it is just the presale, but that is ridiculous. What, did they release like 10 tickets? WTH?

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #766 on: July 26, 2017, 11:39:38 AM »
Picked up Row M on the center aisle for Dallas. Moving back 7 rows is worth $33 to me right now.

And to the people waiting to buy tickets closer to showtime, that's usually a great idea. However, in this case I don't see signs that they're holding many seats back for the Dallas show. It's too sporadic up front. I get the impression that there's a row here or a row there that they're sitting on, but not a whole lot, and some of those will be for the general onsale. This doesn't look like a show where you grab a front row seat 5 hours before show time.
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #767 on: July 26, 2017, 11:43:05 AM »
Such BS. The soundlink presale for the Oakland gig? Literally just got posted, and apparently all the standard tickets are sold out already. now, it is just the presale, but that is ridiculous. What, did they release like 10 tickets? WTH?
The presale for Oakland doesn't start until tomorrow, according to TM. Soundrink, whatever the fuck they are, are only handling the VIP package.
E.F. Benson

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #768 on: July 26, 2017, 11:47:04 AM »
Nope, you could buy single ticket non VIP from Soundrink or whatever today. But apparently it keeps shifting from 1 or 2 available to none. Stupid.

Yes, I saw the presale for tomorrow. I'm on it! Thanks El Barto!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #769 on: July 26, 2017, 11:49:37 AM »

Excited for the Nashville show the next night.  I do not believe DT has been to Nashville, but I could be wrong.  They are playing in a 2K arena(war memorial auditorium), which is where I saw Opeth and Gojira in May.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.