Author Topic: New DT Tour dates  (Read 142477 times)

Offline countoftuscany42

Re: New DT Tour dates
« Reply #700 on: July 25, 2017, 11:19:25 PM »
I hate how its become the norm for ticket sales to begin literally the next day after a tour announcement, a couple days to a week to plan my finances would have been super great  :facepalm:
that being said, can't wait for the Wiltern show! Maybe ill swing the Fox Theatre show as well..

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #701 on: July 25, 2017, 11:25:36 PM »
That's a huge tour by their standards. And they found a new place to play, although an even stranger choice. Seeing DT outdoors just seems odd.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #702 on: July 25, 2017, 11:27:35 PM »
I hope they keep The Bigger Picture.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #703 on: July 25, 2017, 11:27:50 PM »
That's a huge tour by their standards. And they found a new place to play, although an even stranger choice. Seeing DT outdoors just seems odd.

I've seen DT outdoors. It's actually pretty cool. Gives a little life to their show.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #704 on: July 26, 2017, 03:48:06 AM »
WHAT?  No dates in or near Seattle or in the PNW???
Hopefully the whole itinerary isn't posted yet.....
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #705 on: July 26, 2017, 04:54:08 AM »
Not sure if I'm willing to drive to Raleigh on a Tuesday to see this.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #706 on: July 26, 2017, 06:35:38 AM »
No Connecticut date. The Oakdale is such a great venue. Perhaps they should have skipped The Astonishing there. Probably didn't make them look good attendance wise.
November 16th is the NYC date. Don't know if I really want to do that on a Thursday night.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #707 on: July 26, 2017, 07:01:36 AM »
Asbury Park on a Saturday night is looking very good, plus maybe I go into NYC the Thursday before.

So does anyone know the presale code for today?  I find clicking the link for more info on their website doesn't lead to anymore info about purchasing tickets.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #708 on: July 26, 2017, 07:02:44 AM »
No Connecticut date. The Oakdale is such a great venue. Perhaps they should have skipped The Astonishing there. Probably didn't make them look good attendance wise.
November 16th is the NYC date. Don't know if I really want to do that on a Thursday night.

I shake my fist in anger with you. They used to play the Oakdale a lot and then stopped in 2009. I was amazed to see them back with The Astonishing, but I feared that the low attendance would just reinforce why they hadn't been there for the 7 years prior. Super bummed. I get that we're fortunate enough to have like 6 shows within a 3 or 4 hours driving distance and some people need a flight to get to the nearest show, but still.

Offline newdull

« Reply #709 on: July 26, 2017, 07:04:33 AM »
Awesome!!

"Pittsburgh", aka Greensburg, PA @ The Palace Theatre.  *Love* this venue.  It'll be my 3rd time seeing them there. :metal :metal :metal

(and not too far of a drive for me ;D)

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #710 on: July 26, 2017, 07:05:26 AM »
Awesome!!

"Pittsburgh", aka Greensburg, PA @ The Palace Theatre.  *Love* this venue.  It'll be my 3rd time seeing them there. :metal :metal :metal

I'll be there for sure!!! Pumped for the tour!

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #711 on: July 26, 2017, 07:08:31 AM »
Nice, I'll definitely be at the NYC show and will be considering Asbury and/or Philly as well since they're on a weekend :metal
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #712 on: July 26, 2017, 07:16:03 AM »

I shake my fist in anger with you. They used to play the Oakdale a lot and then stopped in 2009. I was amazed to see them back with The Astonishing, but I feared that the low attendance would just reinforce why they hadn't been there for the 7 years prior. Super bummed. I get that we're fortunate enough to have like 6 shows within a 3 or 4 hours driving distance and some people need a flight to get to the nearest show, but still.
I know I'm spoiled being in Connecticut because I'm between Boston and NYC, but I'm still gonna bitch. The Connecticut show is super easy on a work night. NYC, not so much. Plus the Oakdale is as good a venue as there is. Not to mention, there are other suitable venues in CT they could play. The Waterbury Palace, College Street in New Haven, Ridgefield Playhouse among them.

Offline Bytor62

« Reply #713 on: July 26, 2017, 07:18:13 AM »
I am interested in Baltimore. Where can I get the presale date? Don't see it anywhere!!

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #714 on: July 26, 2017, 07:21:31 AM »
I am interested in Baltimore. Where can I get the presale date? Don't see it anywhere!!

Good question. Presale starts when? Today?

Offline Bytor62

« Reply #715 on: July 26, 2017, 07:23:58 AM »

From the DT website:
Presale tickets for select headline shows will be available beginning Wednesday July 26th, 10 AM (local time), followed by a public onsale July 28th, with the remainder of the presales launching one week later, August 2nd, with a public onsales of August 4th.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #716 on: July 26, 2017, 07:33:24 AM »

I know I'm spoiled being in Connecticut because I'm between Boston and NYC, but I'm still gonna bitch. The Connecticut show is super easy on a work night. NYC, not so much. Plus the Oakdale is as good a venue as there is. Not to mention, there are other suitable venues in CT they could play. The Waterbury Palace, College Street in New Haven, Ridgefield Playhouse among them.

I'd shit myself with excitement if they played The Palace. How big is The Bushnell compared to The Oakdale?

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #717 on: July 26, 2017, 07:34:48 AM »

Boston is still the only event listed on Ticketbastard and LiveNation.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Joshgirouard

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #718 on: July 26, 2017, 07:35:28 AM »
I can't find any info about the Toronto show either . Sony centre doesn't even have it listed in their events calendar . I'm really hoping most of the dates are next week so lots of us can prepare to snag some decent tickets

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #719 on: July 26, 2017, 07:47:37 AM »

Boston is still the only event listed on Ticketbastard and LiveNation.

The link for all the dates on DT's website go to here https://soundrink.com/#/tour/dream-theater which has no information about any of the US dates. 

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #720 on: July 26, 2017, 07:58:33 AM »
Awesome!!

I'll be there for sure!!! Pumped for the tour!

Me too...Can't wait!!!

Offline brucknerdoc

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #721 on: July 26, 2017, 08:08:31 AM »
The SoundRink site went live at 10am EST for the the Boston date, along with Atlanta and Philly - NYC still listed as "coming soon"

Bummed about CT too...

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #722 on: July 26, 2017, 08:12:13 AM »

I'd shit myself with excitement if they played The Palace. How big is The Bushnell compared to The Oakdale?
Never been to the Bushnell but the refurbished Palace Theater in New Haven is now College Street theater. Its a 2000 seat hall which is the perfect size for DT.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #723 on: July 26, 2017, 08:13:54 AM »
So this is terrible

For NJ, you can't even pic your seats.  They are assigned automatically based on a tier of tickets:

Platinum VIP Package - $200.00
One (1) Reserved Seated Ticket
Exclusive Meet and Greet with the Members of Dream Theater
Personal Photograph with the Band
Signing Session with the Band (limit of 2 items per session)
Limited Edition Collectible Tour Poster
Collectible Dream Theater Meet and Greet Laminate and A Special Tour Gift
*Seats and rows will be assigned in order of which it was placed. We will assign seats up to 2 weeks prior to the concert or once a date has sold out of VIP.

**ALL SALES ARE IN USD**

PLEASE NOTE: All items are picked up day of show at the merch table. Tickets ARE SHIPPED FOR THIS DATE.

Max 4 per Transaction
Ticket Type

Quantity
 ADD TO CART
Presale Ticket - $39.00
One (1) Reserved Seated Ticket (in Rear Orchestra or Balcony)
PLEASE NOTE: ALL TICKETS ARE SHIPPED. Tickets will be delivered up to 2 weeks prior to your concert. All tickets are assigned on a first come first serve basis and will be assigned once a date is sold out or we go off sale.

Max 6 per Transaction
Ticket Type

Quantity
 ADD TO CART
Gold VIP Package - $100.00
*Seats and rows will be assigned in order of which it was placed. We will assign seats up to 2 weeks prior to the concert or once a date has sold out of VIP.

**ALL SALES ARE IN USD**

PLEASE NOTE: All items are picked up day of show at the merch table. Tickets ARE SHIPPED FOR THIS DATE.

I guess I'll just buy a cheap ticket then because I don't want to risk paying the 100 bucks and getting a seat I don't like?  Or actually, I don't think I'm buying a ticket at all today.  I don't like this at all.

Offline Serpentor

• I am faster than 80% of all snakes
  • DT.net Member
  • I don't want a large Farva, I want a liter of cola
« Reply #724 on: July 26, 2017, 08:17:50 AM »
Agreed, same with Boston show,  regular tix are 84 or 64.  Not worth the chance of having crappy view of stage
Dear Santa,
Please kill Icy for Christmas.

Love,

Everyone

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #725 on: July 26, 2017, 08:18:59 AM »
So this is terrible

For NJ, you can't even pic your seats.  They are assigned automatically based on a tier of tickets:

Platinum VIP Package - $200.00
Exclusive Meet and Greet with the Members of Dream Theater
Personal Photograph with the Band
Signing Session with the Band (limit of 2 items per session)

**ALL SALES ARE IN USD**

Max 4 per Transaction
Ticket Type

Quantity
 ADD TO CART
Presale Ticket - $39.00
One (1) Reserved Seated Ticket (in Rear Orchestra or Balcony)
PLEASE NOTE: ALL TICKETS ARE SHIPPED. Tickets will be delivered up to 2 weeks prior to your concert. All tickets are assigned on a first come first serve basis and will be assigned once a date is sold out or we go off sale.

Max 6 per Transaction
Ticket Type

Quantity
 ADD TO CART
Gold VIP Package - $100.00

**ALL SALES ARE IN USD**

I guess I'll just buy a cheap ticket then because I don't want to risk paying the 100 bucks and getting a seat I don't like?  Or actually, I don't think I'm buying a ticket at all today.  I don't like this at all.
You can't pick your seats, but I'd bet you could see them before actually buying them. At least find out what they're offering.  That said, I've always found presales to be a complete waste of time.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #726 on: July 26, 2017, 08:21:06 AM »
That's really lame. With today's inventory systems, I expect to be able to select my seats to any event that has assigned seating. I actually can't remember the last time I bought tickets and didn't have that option.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #727 on: July 26, 2017, 08:22:23 AM »
Specifically says seats not assigned until two weeks before event (or when they sell out) on a first come first serve basis, for all presale tickets including the cheap seats. 

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #728 on: July 26, 2017, 08:24:00 AM »
anyone else having an issue ordering presale tickets on that shitty site? keeps sending me in a circle of logging in and my cart screens...
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #729 on: July 26, 2017, 08:24:34 AM »
I'll just wait for them to have good seats available in the days before the show when VIP doesn't sell out.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #730 on: July 26, 2017, 08:24:42 AM »
That's really lame. With today's inventory systems, I expect to be able to select my seats to any event that has assigned seating. I actually can't remember the last time I bought tickets and didn't have that option.

Totally this, also, I have no issue paying 100 bucks to see DT, but let me know where I am sitting at that price.  It's not GA so I don't understand why they would expect someone to buy a high priced ticket without knowing the details.

Maybe it's just for the presale and the full sale I will see?  I'm not buying this yet.  Maybe waiting till the day of will get me the best ticket like last year.

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #731 on: July 26, 2017, 08:29:34 AM »
They still don't have the Toronto date up yet........Brutal.Tickets on sale at 10.00 A.M. local time.....Right..... ::)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #732 on: July 26, 2017, 08:32:11 AM »
Specifically says seats not assigned until two weeks before event (or when they sell out) on a first come first serve basis, for all presale tickets including the cheap seats.
Never heard of this, but now way I'd go along with it. I do not play ball.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #733 on: July 26, 2017, 08:32:24 AM »
They still don't have the Toronto date up yet........Brutal.Tickets on sale at 10.00 A.M. local time.....Right..... ::)

May not go on sale today.  They weren't clear on what dates do and don't.  NJ tickets are on sale, but NYC are not. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #734 on: July 26, 2017, 08:34:59 AM »
Never heard of this, but now way I'd go along with it. I do not play ball.

Yea, I tried to checkout with the cheap tickets regardless and it never shows a seat assignment.  I do not play ball either, not like this.  I was totally willing to dish out money for a solid seat too.