Author Topic: New DT Tour dates  (Read 142554 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: New DT Tour dates
« Reply #630 on: July 11, 2017, 01:05:54 PM »
I think the face value ticket I got for the first row (no M&G or any package, just ticket) was around $90 for the NJ show last fall on the second leg of the TA US tour.  Was around $80 for the 20-30th row at RCMH.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #631 on: July 11, 2017, 02:11:13 PM »
I don't recall what face was on the tickets I bought officially, but it sure wasn't $100. When they played Dallas I picked up a scalper ticket for $18 which was inside of 5 rows.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #632 on: July 11, 2017, 02:37:45 PM »
I paid 100 at the Beacon in NYC for Progressive Nation 09.
Wasn't worth it.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #633 on: July 11, 2017, 02:45:27 PM »
Wasn't worth it.

I was there, in the last row of the Beacon.  It was $50 for that seat.  Had a great time at that show.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #634 on: July 11, 2017, 02:57:17 PM »
Can everyone please stop posting in this thread until there are dates?!

Every time I refresh and see it updated I open it and  :censored

Thankyouverymuch!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #635 on: July 11, 2017, 03:02:13 PM »
:soon:
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #636 on: July 11, 2017, 03:03:38 PM »
Can everyone please stop posting in this thread until there are dates?!

Every time I refresh and see it updated I open it and  :censored

Thankyouverymuch!

Don't you know to check bandsintown for dates?!  SOON  :rollin

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #637 on: July 11, 2017, 03:04:59 PM »
Hey Tim - just so you know, they sent out an e-mail announcing that soon there will be an announcement to let us know that tour dates will still be announced soon. You wanted to know that, right?  :biggrin:
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #638 on: July 11, 2017, 03:08:43 PM »
DTF never disappoints. I mean it does, but it doesn't. :lol

Fuck you all!!! :rollin
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #639 on: July 11, 2017, 03:09:48 PM »
 :rollin

It's bad when DT and DTF are now trolling you for dates

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #640 on: July 11, 2017, 03:11:14 PM »
DTF never disappoints. I mean it does, but it doesn't. :lol

Fuck you all!!! :rollin
You're welcome...?  :-*
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #641 on: July 11, 2017, 03:20:08 PM »
I love you guys!

:natalieportman:

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #642 on: July 11, 2017, 06:39:33 PM »
Melbourne, Sept 20. Got Row C, in the Orchestra pretty close to where JP will be on stage...Yipppeee!!!!  May have one for sale soon at cost $162.00AUS..I will list later in the appropriate topic.
Had to buy extra to get good seats.
Damn Ticketmaster, I aged ten years in that transaction!  :) I hope everyone trying got great seats.
Is DT really charging $162 ($123 US) for a ticket? I get that a lot of that is TM's TT&L, but even $100/ea seems to be well above their station. Is that normal way the hell down there or are DT becoming greedy in their old age?

Yes, that is the price of the ticket only, no meet and greet.... That will be an extra $263 AUS for Platinum which means with extras and photo, or an extra $131.50 AUS for Gold with extras no photo.
I am going to MP in November, I believe that was $250 for what looks like a smaller venue, so I am guessing standing room only and meet and greet.
Yes, us Aussies when we do get any band, singer to come to our shores, it does not come cheap.
I still prefer how Joe Satriani does it, he sells a package ticket and meet and greet, still not cheap so for me that has meant front row every time...
I believe our tickets for Melbourne ranged from just under $100 to the $162 .. which is less the cost of them taking my booking add on another $5.
But I do feel bad for all the fans in WA, SA, QLD and NZ missing out on dates this tour. Not to mention the Southern States of US, I am in New Orleans from Feb 15-24 next year, so I am secretly hoping they tour then... hopefully dates are announced soon.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #643 on: July 12, 2017, 08:19:36 AM »
Wasn't worth it.

I was there, in the last row of the Beacon.  It was $50 for that seat.  Had a great time at that show.
I had 7th row but it was not enough of DT for the money. I did have a good time though .

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #644 on: July 12, 2017, 09:31:49 AM »
My uneducated, speculative sense on why their ticket prices are so high is that they've determined it's the best way to make as much money as possible.

Does that mean that shows will be less full? Sure. Along the same lines, does booking zillions of shows in a row mean that they will be less full? Sure. But management probably knows it's the most profitable avenue, so they go that route, even if it's a morale killer to come nowhere close to ever selling out.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #645 on: July 12, 2017, 09:38:15 AM »
Isn't pricing a promoter thing? 

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #646 on: July 12, 2017, 12:59:32 PM »
Haven't had a new picture in awhile. They must have heard our complaints and now just aren't gonna tell us when they are coming to the US
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #647 on: July 12, 2017, 02:25:44 PM »
Haven't had a new picture in awhile. They must have heard our complaints and now just aren't gonna tell us when they are coming to the US

or not  :lol  Like what does "soon" mean?  To me it means within the next week or two.  It's been past that (just going by the latest rounds of promotion, if I consider the first round last December then yea it's far from soon).

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #648 on: July 12, 2017, 02:30:52 PM »
Last week, I thought a band member per day, dates announced on Friday. You know what would have been the best day to announce the dates? The 25th anniversary of Images and Words!

"Hey, today's the 25th Anniversary of Images and Words and here's another special treat for our US fans. North American tour dates!"
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #649 on: July 12, 2017, 07:59:34 PM »
We're fast approaching the 25th anniversary of the first post teasing the U.S. tour dates.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #650 on: July 12, 2017, 08:10:52 PM »
We're fast approaching the 25th anniversary of the first post teasing the U.S. tour dates.
:lol

We're fast approaching the moment I stick a needle in my eye!

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #651 on: July 12, 2017, 08:33:01 PM »
I don't recall what face was on the tickets I bought officially, but it sure wasn't $100. When they played Dallas I picked up a scalper ticket for $18 which was inside of 5 rows.

Tickets of US acts in this part of the world is really more expensive given the risks of travel, the logistics, etc. Megadeth just played here and the price range is just slightly below DT and they played 14 songs only compared to DT's two and a half hour show.

Why GREED is the first thing that comes to mind of some people without considering the economics of playing shows halfway around the world, I do not understand.

EDIT: With still two days left for the pre-sale reserved for the fans who made the petition to bring Dream Theater to the Philippines, the seats at the two cheapest sections are alreadys old out. It looks like I would not be able to watch the show because the seats would most likely sell out when the regular sale opens because I do not have internet access on that day. :( Oh well, it's nice seeing a lot of love for the band from this part of the world.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 09:17:03 PM by erwinrafael »

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #652 on: July 14, 2017, 09:34:19 AM »
Hey TAC....

Tour dates are coming soon!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #653 on: July 14, 2017, 09:36:59 AM »
Hey Tick....

Ass kicking coming soon!

;D

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #654 on: July 14, 2017, 10:04:58 AM »
:soon:
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #655 on: July 14, 2017, 08:27:41 PM »
25 minutes after the start of the regular sale of tickets for the DT concert here in the Philippines, and the venue is already 70% full. I am so happy for the band.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #656 on: July 17, 2017, 11:46:03 PM »
Hey Tim, according to the website
North American Tour Dates Coming Soon

Just a reminder in case you forgot!   :biggrin:

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #657 on: July 18, 2017, 01:37:37 AM »
The tour dates will be announced sooner now than yesterday.  :azn:
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #658 on: July 18, 2017, 07:26:34 AM »

Amazing colors from the Images, Words & Beyond tour. US tour details soon!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #659 on: July 18, 2017, 07:36:40 AM »
Tix just went on sale in Australia - just the concert I've been waiting for but $160 for a decent seat?   Can't do it unfortunately  :-\
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #660 on: July 18, 2017, 08:11:50 AM »
Soon...

But don't forget about Jelly Jam.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #661 on: July 18, 2017, 08:17:50 AM »
Tix just went on sale in Australia - just the concert I've been waiting for but $160 for a decent seat?   Can't do it unfortunately  :-\

Probably because they are only doing 2 shows down there. That's a lot of cost to ship the gear, crew, and band down for only 2 shows.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #662 on: July 18, 2017, 09:32:30 AM »
soon
so͞on/Submit
adverb
in or after a short time.
"everyone will soon know the truth"
synonyms:   shortly, presently, in the near future, before long, in a little while, in a minute, in a moment, in an instant, in a bit, in the twinkling of an eye, in no time, before you know it, any minute (now), any day (now), by and by; More
used to indicate one's preference in a particular matter.
"I'd just as soon Tim did it"
synonyms:   rather, preferably, by preference, by choice, more willingly, more readily
"I would sooner stay"

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #663 on: July 18, 2017, 11:45:27 AM »
Soon...

But don't forget about Jelly Jam.

Hey, I'm seeing them in Toronto!!! Can't wait... it'll be weird to see JM on stage without DT.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #664 on: July 18, 2017, 07:09:51 PM »
 Attention to all planets on the solar federation, we have-SOON control, we have-SOON control..
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP