Author Topic: New DT Tour dates  (Read 142431 times)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: New DT Tour dates
« Reply #175 on: August 22, 2016, 09:16:20 PM »
Does anybody know the presale code for the San Antonio show?
I reckon that if you just try astonishing you've got a 50/50 shot at getting it. Ravenskill and nomac probably cover another 25%.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #176 on: August 22, 2016, 10:54:02 PM »
Barto are you coming to the San Antonio date? I mean if you fall upon great tickets maybe! I know you've already seen the show.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline gm5k

« Reply #177 on: August 22, 2016, 11:17:17 PM »
I'll be at the SA date with at least one buddy, and we're trying to get 3-4 others to go.  So hype!!  :metal

Offline DreamerTV

• Italian DTFer
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #178 on: August 23, 2016, 05:54:09 AM »
DT playing in Orlando at the Hard Rock on December 2nd.

That's a great venue for them. Smaller venue then I would've guessed DT playing

Actually they've already played there in 2011 with Trivium

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #179 on: August 23, 2016, 07:19:12 AM »
Looks like they are going to do a run in Texas too. Hittin' all the States this time! Seems to be a long tour, going all the way into December.

That'll be the day when they hit New Mexico as a headlining act.

Itd be cool if they could play the Santa Fe Opera, but it's outdoors and it'll be too cold in Nov. But still, I wish to one day see them here. The Lensic in Santa Fe would be a great venue, Steve Vai played there and heard it was bombastic.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 07:24:20 AM by Ben_Jamin »
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #180 on: August 23, 2016, 10:49:01 AM »
Barto are you coming to the San Antonio date? I mean if you fall upon great tickets maybe! I know you've already seen the show.
Seems pretty unlikely. Mostly due to it's Wednesdayness. If Houston gets a Fri show it's remotely possible I drive down, but it'd probably be a spur of the moment deal involving front row seats again. I'll be taking a similar approach in Dallas.

You catching multiple shows, or just hitting SA to see it with your BIL?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #181 on: August 23, 2016, 11:06:57 AM »
Anyone know if there's a presale password for the Orlando show ? I've heard that presale tickets arent necessarily great seats upfront ...Any truth to that ? If tix go on sale this friday, I might be screwed cause I'll be on a plane ...Which is better ? To buy tix through ticketmaster or through the DT.Net site ? Or will the DT site just redirect me to ticketmaster anyway ?? THANKS !!!
My parents are in the Iron and Steel business.
My Mother irons and my Father steals.
There are more horse’s asses in the world, than there are horses.

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #182 on: August 23, 2016, 11:36:13 AM »
Anyone know if there's a presale password for the Orlando show ? I've heard that presale tickets arent necessarily great seats upfront ...Any truth to that ? If tix go on sale this friday, I might be screwed cause I'll be on a plane ...Which is better ? To buy tix through ticketmaster or through the DT.Net site ? Or will the DT site just redirect me to ticketmaster anyway ?? THANKS !!!

OK! I found out that tix go on sale Fri at ticketmaster at 10 am and there is a presale at 10 am tomorrow but I do not know a password and I dont have an Amex card..do you have to use an Amex ?

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #183 on: August 23, 2016, 12:47:05 PM »
Seems pretty unlikely. Mostly due to it's Wednesdayness. If Houston gets a Fri show it's remotely possible I drive down, but it'd probably be a spur of the moment deal involving front row seats again. I'll be taking a similar approach in Dallas.

You catching multiple shows, or just hitting SA to see it with your BIL?

It depends on how the financial situation is like by then, I can't afford to buy any tickets now but if things get better I'll try to catch two of the Texas shows, if more are announced.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline thunderdog10

« Reply #184 on: August 24, 2016, 08:06:42 AM »
orlando code is astonishing

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #185 on: August 24, 2016, 09:00:48 AM »
orlando code is astonishing
I'm astonished.
E.F. Benson

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #186 on: August 24, 2016, 09:11:49 AM »
Got Row C Center for Orlando...
Seems to be a center floor section in front of center section on seating chart...but I got what i got and i'm pscyched !!!If I was much closer I might get lost in the beard...

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #187 on: August 24, 2016, 12:28:25 PM »
Presale code for San Antonio

SHARKS

Got first row on the top balcony.

Offline ronnibran

« Reply #188 on: August 24, 2016, 08:24:25 PM »
I was amazed that the local rock radio was promoting the concert (only knew b/c wife told me, I don't listen to the radio), since I haven't heard DT on the radio since probably "Lie" or "Burning My Soul."  Anywho, she said they were giving away tickets and then she actually won them!  So I'll be seeing DT in Grand Rapids (was likely going to go anyway).

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2016, 06:45:18 AM »
I was amazed that the local rock radio was promoting the concert (only knew b/c wife told me, I don't listen to the radio), since I haven't heard DT on the radio since probably "Lie" or "Burning My Soul."  Anywho, she said they were giving away tickets and then she actually won them!  So I'll be seeing DT in Grand Rapids (was likely going to go anyway).

Thats awesome  :metal

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2016, 08:16:58 AM »
Sweet!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline badger

« Reply #191 on: August 25, 2016, 10:45:21 AM »
Think there will be any more dates announced?
When did we all let you down?

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #192 on: August 25, 2016, 11:14:47 AM »
Think there will be any more dates announced?
Wouldn't surprise me.

Looking at their tour right now - there is a gap between Concord NH (Oct. 10th) and Worcester MA (Oct. 18th) - seems a bit early in the tour to take a week off.

Another gap between Milwaukee WI (Nov. 1st) and San Antonio TX (Nov. 9th), although by that point in the schedule, that could be real time off.

Next stop after that is Tuscon, AZ (Nov. 15th), so some more spots could be added there.

The gap between San Jose, CA (Nov. 20th) and Durham, NC (Nov. 27th) makes sense for the  equipment to make a cross-country journey, but the only other stops after that are Orlando FL (Dec. 2nd) and Atlanta GA (Dec. 4th), so I fully expect a few more shows to be added to the Southeast portion.

All in all, there is definitely room for more shows, and I expect more to be added.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #193 on: August 25, 2016, 11:29:37 AM »
Yea, there's an awful lot of gaps in the dates there that I would expect to be filled, but who knows.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #194 on: August 25, 2016, 12:34:54 PM »
I would guess that to be the case as well.  But as for that first gap, given that they are in the NE during that period, it may very well just be a gap in the schedule so they can spend some time at home.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #195 on: August 25, 2016, 12:46:24 PM »
I would guess that to be the case as well.  But as for that first gap, given that they are in the NE during that period, it may very well just be a gap in the schedule so they can spend some time at home.

I'm going to pretend that DT doesn't have family and they're just crossing the Ts and dotting the Is for back-to-back filming nights in CT.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #196 on: August 25, 2016, 12:49:41 PM »
:lol  Okay. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #197 on: August 25, 2016, 01:11:29 PM »
It would be super awesome if they film one of these dates.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #198 on: August 25, 2016, 01:17:23 PM »
It would be super awesome if they film one of these dates.

Yup, I'd really love some confirmation that they will film a show.  A blu-ray from this tour would be optimal.

Offline gm5k

« Reply #199 on: August 25, 2016, 07:51:34 PM »
Got tickets.  I'll be at the SA show with 4 friends.  The Tobin Center looks incredible and apparently sounds good too.  Going to be amazing!  :metal

There's no way they'd film a bluray in San Antonio, Texas right?  :lol  They do have a week off before the show...but nah that isn't happening  ;D

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #200 on: August 25, 2016, 08:04:10 PM »
That was my first thought. And then I noticed there are no Canada dates so far on this NA leg, so that may be the period where they do some central to eastern Canada shows.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #201 on: August 25, 2016, 09:57:11 PM »
Got tickets.  I'll be at the SA show with 4 friends.  The Tobin Center looks incredible and apparently sounds good too.  Going to be amazing!  :metal

There's no way they'd film a bluray in San Antonio, Texas right?  :lol  They do have a week off before the show...but nah that isn't happening  ;D

I'll be there...first row on the Balcony. I'm thinking of selling the ones I bought and going for the Mezzanine.

Offline theanalogkid7

• Just a guy
  • There are many knots I cannot untie.
« Reply #202 on: August 26, 2016, 12:07:23 AM »
THEY JUST POSTED THEYRE COMING TO OKLAHOMA!!! Holy crap!!!
We are here to make everything better. We are going to make airplanes out of beef. - Alex Lifeson

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #203 on: August 26, 2016, 12:40:32 AM »

What day? I don't see it.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline theanalogkid7

• Just a guy
  • There are many knots I cannot untie.
« Reply #204 on: August 26, 2016, 07:12:20 AM »

What day? I don't see it.

It just says "Oklahoma Coming Soon" on an image posted to their Facebook page.
We are here to make everything better. We are going to make airplanes out of beef. - Alex Lifeson

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #205 on: August 26, 2016, 09:57:33 AM »
That's what they did for North Carolina a day or so before announcing the Durham venue and date.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #206 on: August 26, 2016, 01:08:24 PM »
I'd guess Tulsa. They get plenty of acts coming through, nowadays.

edit: Yup, Tulsa, 11/12
E.F. Benson

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #207 on: August 26, 2016, 02:33:40 PM »

Sadly, I bet those two off days between then and Arizona. They'll pass on by NM. Or put in a CO date

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #208 on: August 26, 2016, 04:19:51 PM »
Got Row C Center for Orlando...
Seems to be a center floor section in front of center section on seating chart...but I got what i got and i'm pscyched !!!If I was much closer I might get lost in the beard...

I was confused with the actual location of the presale tickets, so I held out for Friday and got front row balcony, exactly what I was looking for. I'm pretty psyched, as I've only seen DT once on the Prog Nation tour, ironically at the same venue. Gotta love the leg room!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #209 on: August 26, 2016, 04:29:17 PM »

Sadly, I bet those two off days between then and Arizona. They'll pass on by NM. Or put in a CO date

No one seems to have the time for NM anymore.