Author Topic: New DT Tour dates  (Read 142406 times)

Offline erwinrafael

Re: New DT Tour dates
« Reply #595 on: July 05, 2017, 10:07:26 PM »
DREAM THEATER IS FINALLY COMING TO THE PHILIPPINES DON'T CHANGE THE SETLIST THIS IS PERFECT IF THIS IS THE ONLY TIME THEY WILL EVER COME HERE.

Do I sound excited?

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #596 on: July 05, 2017, 10:56:38 PM »
DREAM THEATER IS FINALLY COMING TO THE PHILIPPINES DON'T CHANGE THE SETLIST THIS IS PERFECT IF THIS IS THE ONLY TIME THEY WILL EVER COME HERE.

Do I sound excited?

Just a little bit  :lol

I would be as excited as you are if they announced a concert here in Peru, but they've only played here once ans I wasn't able to attend, so I have never seen a DT concert in my life  :'(
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline AngelBack

• I'm officially a lard......
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Why you want beef with broccoli ?
« Reply #597 on: July 06, 2017, 06:34:48 AM »

Do I sound excited?

Happy for you, are you near Quezon City?  I have friends in Pasay City, an hour or so away.  I think one of them will try to make the show.
But the arc of your life will still be profound

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #598 on: July 06, 2017, 06:50:03 PM »
Another update. Apparently now we have to go to Bandintown.com to get updates.

For the love of God, just announce them. This is horrible. Even commenters on Facebook are getting mad

Someone needs to tell them, this isn't building hype. It's pissing people off. It would have built hype if they announced it in December when they initially said the dates would be announced. This all building up for a small US tour where they don't hit many cities and have about 10 dates in the New York area. That's what I feel is going to happen
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #599 on: July 07, 2017, 12:14:11 AM »
I remember this happening before announcing the first leg of ADTOE tour.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #600 on: July 07, 2017, 08:18:45 AM »
Another update. Apparently now we have to go to Bandintown.com to get updates.

For the love of God, just announce them. This is horrible. Even commenters on Facebook are getting mad

Someone needs to tell them, this isn't building hype. It's pissing people off. It would have built hype if they announced it in December when they initially said the dates would be announced. This all building up for a small US tour where they don't hit many cities and have about 10 dates in the New York area. That's what I feel is going to happen

:lol saw a lot of people complaining on that last social media post

Offline Joshgirouard

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #601 on: July 07, 2017, 09:00:41 AM »
It's just getting crazy at this point

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #602 on: July 07, 2017, 10:04:26 AM »
At first it was kinda funny, now it's just awkward.

Offline LPMX

« Reply #603 on: July 07, 2017, 11:21:14 AM »
Today is indeed the 25th anniversary of the release of I&W. It'd make sense for the dates to be announced today. I'm not holding my breath for that though... :huh:

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #604 on: July 07, 2017, 12:09:09 PM »
Today is indeed the 25th anniversary of the release of I&W. It'd make sense for the dates to be announced today. I'm not holding my breath for that though... :huh:

Yea I already saw one new post for NA soon today so I doubt it. 

I really think DT has some of the worst social media presence for a band of their size.  For awhile there seemed to be none, but now whoever is running it does a poor job IMO.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #605 on: July 07, 2017, 08:21:12 PM »
Yeah whoever is in charge of announcements needs to be changed. They're losing hype delaying the announcements.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #606 on: July 07, 2017, 08:53:44 PM »
I agree with you guys.  I am not bothered by having to wait since I am a patient person, but the constant "the dates are coming soon" announcements show that whoever handles their FB page does a really piss poor job.

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #607 on: July 07, 2017, 10:05:47 PM »
They should get MP to run the fb.  :hat
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #608 on: July 07, 2017, 10:27:23 PM »
They should get MP to run the fb.  :hat

:rollin

"I tried to announce the dates, guys, but I'm trying to avoid the drama."
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #609 on: July 07, 2017, 10:49:11 PM »
I guess I wouldn't care as much, but why did they post anything back in December. It makes no sense, if Bosk knew anything as to why, then my stance would change. But there's nothing special about this tour, as far as we know. And it's probably not going to be a very long tour. I don't think I've ever seen a band say that a tour will be announced 6 months from when they will be announced

It's when something like this happens that I think: This would never have happened with MP.

God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #610 on: July 08, 2017, 05:49:04 AM »
I agree with you guys.  I am not bothered by having to wait since I am a patient person, but the constant "the dates are coming soon" announcements show that whoever handles their FB page does a really piss poor job.

This is why I made sure to not be a fan of their page anymore and stop seeing the stupid "dates are coming soon" pics

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #611 on: July 08, 2017, 07:48:55 AM »
I think at least some of the reasoning is that a lot of fans were pissed last tour where the dates trickled out so people bought tickets for shows further away from them and then later a concert was announced closer to them.  I think there has to be more to it than that though but I bet that's what's holding up the current announcement.  As for the first announcement back in December... I have no idea.

Also, they did say the tour would be from October through December so it doesn't seem like a small tour, but maybe it ends up being the end of October to the beginning of December with a few November dates  :lol

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #612 on: July 08, 2017, 09:42:10 AM »

This is why I made sure to not be a fan of their page anymore and stop seeing the stupid "dates are coming soon" pics
Well then, allow me to remind you....

North American dates coming soon. Watch for the announcement on Bands in town!
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #613 on: July 08, 2017, 10:24:06 AM »
Theirs gonna be a major outcry soon.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #614 on: July 08, 2017, 11:37:18 AM »
Theirs gonna be a major outcry soon.

Resistance is calling tonight?

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #615 on: July 08, 2017, 01:37:55 PM »
Rise up be counted with tickets in sight...
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #616 on: July 08, 2017, 03:17:04 PM »
I think at least some of the reasoning is that a lot of fans were pissed last tour where the dates trickled out so people bought tickets for shows further away from them and then later a concert was announced closer to them. 
Not a chance in hell they consider that. Nothing I've seen suggests to me that level of thoughtfulness. Quite the contrary, in fact.

Also, they did say the tour would be from October through December so it doesn't seem like a small tour, but maybe it ends up being the end of October to the beginning of December with a few November dates  :lol
Seventeen November dates in NY, NJ and Penn, and 1 week each in October and December for the rest of the US.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #617 on: July 08, 2017, 03:40:20 PM »
Seventeen November dates in NY, NJ and Penn, and 1 week each in October and December for the rest of the US.
:lol

I wouldn't put it past them. The Astonishing US 2nd Leg seemed to be like that

I would say that they are going to announce them once they've posted a picture of all the band members, but they've already posted two pictures of Petrucci with the stupid announcement of tour dates soon
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline CB

« Reply #618 on: July 08, 2017, 04:05:23 PM »
And another Facebook post from DT, nice pic of JM but ... this is getting so ridiculous  :lol

Now I'm impatiently awaiting the announcement of the European Tour Dates for 2019 SOON!

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #619 on: July 08, 2017, 10:17:38 PM »
It's when something like this happens that I think: This would never have happened with MP.
WHAT?!?!?! DT is better than ever!!! Mike Portnoy WHO!?!?!?!?! How DARE you say that here!!!!!  :rollin
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #620 on: July 08, 2017, 11:28:17 PM »
This took longer when they announced the ADTOE tour dates were "coming soon", we had lots of fun with that back then, I can't be the only one that remembers that? Anybody remember the comic/meme created about it?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #621 on: July 09, 2017, 02:09:08 PM »
The one they posted today is putting people over the edge.

I know the guys are pretty disconnected from this stuff, but it seems to be doing more harm than good right now. Regardless, the tickets will sell, but people are tuning out right now
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #622 on: July 09, 2017, 08:51:14 PM »
I would say that they are going to announce them once they've posted a picture of all the band members, but they've already posted two pictures of Petrucci with the stupid announcement of tour dates soon

Nah, the second Petrucci pic was about linking to the bandsintown website. :p

So you guys just have to wait for that Mike Mangini pic, then maybe a band pic. The dates will be out by the end of the week.  :lol

Meanwhile, I am eagerly obsessing about the start of the sale of tickets here in Manila this coming Saturday.  :metal

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #623 on: July 09, 2017, 09:25:31 PM »
Ticketmaster presale for Melbourne 10am tomorrow.   :)   Don't know the code word yet .. probably get that at 10.01am  ::)

Not that I am complaining as I have been hanging out for a tour since they last toured our shored in 2014, but it is interesting timing MP announces an OZ tour for November, now we have DT in September! Yippeee  :angel:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 09:31:54 PM by lucky7 »

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #624 on: July 10, 2017, 09:53:36 AM »
:soon:

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #625 on: July 10, 2017, 06:49:32 PM »
Melbourne, Sept 20. Got Row C, in the Orchestra pretty close to where JP will be on stage...Yipppeee!!!!  May have one for sale soon at cost $162.00AUS..I will list later in the appropriate topic.
Had to buy extra to get good seats.
Damn Ticketmaster, I aged ten years in that transaction!  :) I hope everyone trying got great seats.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #626 on: July 11, 2017, 08:59:49 AM »
Melbourne, Sept 20. Got Row C, in the Orchestra pretty close to where JP will be on stage...Yipppeee!!!!  May have one for sale soon at cost $162.00AUS..I will list later in the appropriate topic.
Damn Ticketmaster, I aged ten years in that transaction!  :) I hope everyone trying got great seats.
Is DT really charging $162 ($123 US) for a ticket? I get that a lot of that is TM's TT&L, but even $100/ea seems to be well above their station. Is that normal way the hell down there or are DT becoming greedy in their old age?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #627 on: July 11, 2017, 09:50:37 AM »
Is DT really charging $162 ($123 US) for a ticket? I get that a lot of that is TM's TT&L, but even $100/ea seems to be well above their station. Is that normal way the hell down there or are DT becoming greedy in their old age?
I'm thinking that may be a VIP ticket? I paid 150.00 on the Octavarium tour to have a guaranteed ticket in the first 3 rows. Of coarse, I got 3rd row.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #628 on: July 11, 2017, 12:14:37 PM »
We have been paying for their grandkids' college for the past several years.  They are in the "only for the money" part of their careers.
But if the dung comes out
He shits the death upon a man
Throw them a rag
Better to save the menstruate
Then surrender tuna sea crap
Whale!

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #629 on: July 11, 2017, 12:37:18 PM »
I'm thinking that may be a VIP ticket? I paid 150.00 on the Octavarium tour to have a guaranteed ticket in the first 3 rows. Of coarse, I got 3rd row.

I paid $250 for the 8th row at RCMH (filming), and that was just for the show. No M&G or anything. If DT did stuff on stage, paying $100+ for a ticket might be worth it to me, but they all kind of just stand there with the exception of a keytar solo. I don't mind sitting further away and just watching.

It's possible they took a hit on the second run of TA in the states and need to play catch up.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 01:06:28 PM by Chino »