Author Topic: Official NHL 2016-2017 Thread  (Read 91111 times)

Offline romdrums

Re: Official NHL 2016-2017 Thread
« Reply #945 on: May 09, 2017, 07:32:22 AM »
Let's see some Justin Williams game 7 magic! :metal :metal

Yes please.  I'd like to see Washington get the Penguins monkey off their backs.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #946 on: May 09, 2017, 08:36:13 AM »
Let's see some Justin Williams game 7 magic! :metal :metal

Yes please.  I'd like to see Washington get the Penguins monkey off their backs.

:iagree:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #947 on: May 09, 2017, 08:38:09 AM »
I agree as well
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #948 on: May 09, 2017, 09:28:39 AM »
My sole remaining desire for this years playoffs is that the Predators don't win the Cup. I'd be fine with any other remaining team winning it. Just CANT be the Preds.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #949 on: May 09, 2017, 09:29:42 AM »
My sole remaining desire for this years playoffs is that the Rangers don't win the Cup. I'd be fine with any other remaining team winning it. Just CANT be the Rags.

Yup, agreed.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #950 on: May 09, 2017, 11:20:38 AM »
Only the Caps, Oilers, and Preds would I be happy with winning.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #951 on: May 09, 2017, 11:51:19 AM »

Caps and Oilers for me.  I'm hating on the Preds vicariously through Gary.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #952 on: May 09, 2017, 11:59:35 AM »

Even if the Preds get eliminated next round that won't make Gary happy, because the refs still go on to the finals. :p
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #953 on: May 09, 2017, 12:05:36 PM »
Even if the Preds get eliminated next round that won't make Gary happy, because the refs still go on to the finals. :p

:lol Don't even get me started - I'm starting to lose interest in hockey when blatant, dirty penalties are not only not getting called, but then getting praised by NHL-employed broadcasters after the fact. They really just don't get it. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #954 on: May 09, 2017, 12:18:19 PM »

:lol   I'm so used to being a spoiled sport and crybaby when it comes to the Blues and Hockey I'm not even sure that IF/when they ever win the Cup I still won't find something to bitch about.

But im certain that If  the Preds win it all the Refs will have their names inscribed on the cup as well.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #955 on: May 09, 2017, 12:45:08 PM »

:lol   I'm so used to being a spoiled sport and crybaby when it comes to the Blues and Hockey I'm not even sure that IF/when they ever win the Cup I still won't find something to bitch about.

But im certain that If  the Preds win it all the Refs will have their names inscribed on the cup as well.

"You call that leading Pietrangelo? Look, his arms are not even fully extended, that's NOT how you raise the cup. When it comes to stuff like this the team just has no heart, and that falls right on the example the captain sets."
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #956 on: May 09, 2017, 01:26:49 PM »
If the Rangers don't win (which they most likely won't), I'll be ok with anyone but the Penguins and the Senators if they eliminate us.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #957 on: May 09, 2017, 03:57:47 PM »
I'm really hoping Washington takes game 7 because I have a good feeling they'll go on to win the cup if they can get past Pittsburgh. I'm not a Caps fan, but I really want to see Ovechkin win the cup and I think they're one of the most exciting teams to watch.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #958 on: May 09, 2017, 04:02:37 PM »
Yeah I'm otherwise not a Caps fan really but Ovi is my favourite player of all time. He needs a cup to shut up all the people who try to use the fact he doesn't have one to discredit him.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #959 on: May 09, 2017, 04:27:52 PM »
Tonight's going to be a tough one as a Rangers fan.  I don't have a good feeling. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #960 on: May 09, 2017, 05:41:45 PM »
My sole remaining desire for this years playoffs is that the Predators don't win the Cup. I'd be fine with any other remaining team winning it. Just CANT be the Preds.

I would root for them over Washington.  Seeing two more ex-Blues (Oshie and Shattenkirk) hoist the Cup on another team is not something I really want to see.

Yeah I'm otherwise not a Caps fan really but Ovi is my favourite player of all time. He needs a cup to shut up all the people who try to use the fact he doesn't have one to discredit him.

It's not always fair, but truly great players usually need that championship on their resume to cement their all-time great status.  I imagine guys like Marino, Barkley and Joe Thornton would be much more highly-regarded if they had won just one title.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #961 on: May 09, 2017, 06:57:27 PM »

I would root for them over Washington.  Seeing two more ex-Blues (Oshie and Shattenkirk) hoist the Cup on another team is not something I really want to see

Totally get it and if not for 'the brother in law' factor I'd be rooting for them as well. They're a good, fun team to watch and easy to root for. I've considered them my second favorite team for years.

I just can't have them win a Cup before the Blues do. I'm not sure I can adequately explain what a nightmare that would be for me given how big a D Bag my brother in law will be about it if that happens.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #962 on: May 09, 2017, 08:16:35 PM »
We're just two games away from seeing the most refreshing conference final in a long time.

Pulling hard for Preds v Oilers and Caps v Sens.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #963 on: May 09, 2017, 08:17:34 PM »
If you told me in October that the Senators would be going to the Eastern Conference Finals, I would have called you crazy. But here we are and I'm loving it
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #964 on: May 09, 2017, 09:35:56 PM »
Well this sucks...
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #965 on: May 09, 2017, 10:12:55 PM »
If you told me in October that the Senators would be going to the Eastern Conference Finals, I would have called you crazy. But here we are and I'm loving it

Agreed. No sane fan would've seen this coming. Still likely to be fodder against the other bracket,  but it's exciting nonetheless.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #966 on: May 09, 2017, 11:30:52 PM »
Not too surprising IMO. Boucher is a very good coach who excels in playoff situations, and with a guy like Karlsson anything is possible. Plus they had one of the easier roads to the conference finals before them.

That being said, I thought they'd be out in the first round as Bruins seemed like a team geared for the playoffs, but I guess I was wrong. :biggrin:

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #967 on: May 10, 2017, 08:07:20 PM »
i hate everything

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #968 on: May 10, 2017, 08:08:20 PM »
I only got to see the 3rd period, but man was that a pathetic performance by the Caps. What a disappointment  :facepalm:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #969 on: May 10, 2017, 08:21:13 PM »
Capitlols!

WTF happened?

Hats off to Fluery. He was magnificent save for a period in Gs 5 & 6.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #970 on: May 10, 2017, 08:52:36 PM »
I am eagerly looking forward to the "I'm a true fan of this team no matter what" posts from my sister-in-law's husband while he mourns the Crapitals. His blind inability to see any shortcoming in his team even when defeated is entertaining.

And yes, that was a pitiful game 7 performance by Washington.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #971 on: May 10, 2017, 09:28:40 PM »
Gonna feel bad for the Oilers and their fans if they lose considering they got dicked and screwed out of two wins.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #972 on: May 10, 2017, 09:37:39 PM »
It's sad how many empty seats there are in Anaheim. If you can't fill your building for a home playoff game,  a game 7 no less,  then you shouldn't have a professional sports team.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #973 on: May 10, 2017, 09:46:00 PM »
It's Los Angeles.  Unless it's the Lakers, they don't care about sports all that much.

Offline red barchetta

• don't worry, I'm being watched lol
« Reply #974 on: May 10, 2017, 09:53:39 PM »
It's sad how many empty seats there are in Anaheim. If you can't fill your building for a home playoff game,  a game 7 no less,  then you shouldn't have a professional sports team.

Tell that to Bettman.  There are a bunch of american cities that doesn't deserve an NHL franchise but he will do anything for them.
With all respect, sincerely yours

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #975 on: May 10, 2017, 09:58:56 PM »

Tell that to Bettman.  There are a bunch of american cities that doesn't deserve an NHL franchise but he will do anything for them.

Yup. Vegas will be joining that list too.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #976 on: May 10, 2017, 10:40:06 PM »
Gonna feel bad for the Oilers and their fans if they lose considering they got dicked and screwed out of two wins.

Dang. I'd be livid. This was a great game but it's a game that should have never happened.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #977 on: May 10, 2017, 10:45:24 PM »
Dammit.

Sens took one series that the Rangers gave away to them, but I don't think the Penguins will make the same mistakes. I would prefer the Preds win in the West, but at this point I don't care which team wins as long as they go on to beat the damn Penguins.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #978 on: May 10, 2017, 10:47:36 PM »
WHY DO I CONTINUE TO WATCH THIS CRUEL SPORT WHICH BRINGS ONLY PAIN AND MISERY

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #979 on: May 10, 2017, 11:49:06 PM »
Well I guess I'm rooting for Nashville to win it all now since I hate the Penguins, can't root for the Senators because they eliminated the Rangers, and don't particularly like the Ducks. Pittsburgh will probably repeat regardless.

-MirrorMask