Author Topic: Official NHL 2016-2017 Thread  (Read 91069 times)

Offline mikeyd23

Re: Official NHL 2016-2017 Thread
« Reply #910 on: May 07, 2017, 10:55:40 AM »
Pens had a rough third period last night, coming back to Pittsburgh to try to close this out Monday!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #911 on: May 07, 2017, 11:51:52 AM »
Going to be a great game Monday. No way the Pens want to go back to Washington.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #912 on: May 07, 2017, 02:10:10 PM »
I love how both the game announcers and studio jugheads are spending most of the time taking about what Nashville is doing wrong, rather than giving the Blues credit for how well they are playing so far.  Is Nashville a new darling of the media??

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #913 on: May 07, 2017, 02:14:40 PM »
I didn't really notice. I know they talked about the icing and how the Blues put their 1st against Nashville's 4th. I guess I'm not listening close enough.

Keith Jones isn't a jughead. Milbury? well...
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #914 on: May 07, 2017, 02:32:25 PM »
It's I love how both the game announcers and studio jugheads are spending most of the time taking about what Nashville is doing wrong, rather than giving the Blues credit for how well they are playing so far.  Is Nashville a new darling of the media??

Yep. Been like that all series. It's the same old same old. That's why it's gonna be awesome when they beat them in 7.

What I love is how Nashville can continue to run that pick/intereference play without it getting called. And get away with holding Tarasenkos stick.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #915 on: May 07, 2017, 02:49:46 PM »
What a surprise. An Incidental stick to a player who was already falling called against the Blues.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #916 on: May 07, 2017, 03:02:50 PM »
It's I love how both the game announcers and studio jugheads are spending most of the time taking about what Nashville is doing wrong, rather than giving the Blues credit for how well they are playing so far.  Is Nashville a new darling of the media??

Yep. Been like that all series. It's the same old same old. That's why it's gonna be awesome when they beat them in 7.

When talking about how bad Nashville's PP has been today, Millbury literally just said, "Maybe you can give a little credit to St. Louis." Heaven forbid.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #917 on: May 07, 2017, 03:06:54 PM »

When talking about how bad Nashville's PP has been today, Millbury literally just said, "Maybe you can give a little credit to St. Louis." Heaven forbid.

I would just like them to call just one of the pick plays. Just one. If you're gonna call little BS penalties you can't tell me BOTH teams aren't committing them.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #918 on: May 07, 2017, 03:09:32 PM »

I would just like them to call just one of the pick plays. Just one. If you're gonna call little BS penalties you can't tell me BOTH teams aren't committing them.

Agreed.  Not like the Blues are doing anything on the PP anyway, but a little consistency would be nice. I remember a clear hold on Parayko in the 1st period (right before the big hit on Reaves, when he was praised for not retaliating) and....no call. 

Also, every penalty the Blues have been called for today was a legit call.

Lastly, Perron sucks.  Yeo has done a tremendous job since taking over for Hitch, but that clown getting any ice time is mind-boggling.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #919 on: May 07, 2017, 03:14:59 PM »

Agreed.  Not like the Blues are doing anything on the PP anyway, but a little consistency would be nice. I remember a clear hold on Parayko in the 1st period (right before the big hit on Reaves, when he was praised for not retaliating) and....no call. 

Also, every penalty the Blues have been called for today was a legit call.

Lastly, Perron sucks.  Yeo has done a tremendous job since taking over for Hitch, but that clown getting any ice time is mind-boggling.

Agreed they were penalties but they were pretty 'soft' calls.

And if there's a game 7 I can't see Perron getting to play in it. He's been atrocious the last 4 games.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #920 on: May 07, 2017, 03:21:36 PM »
Perfect example there. Nashville interferes/pics right in front of their net...because they can cuz it hasn't been callled thus far....no call....then twenty seconds later they score a goal that should have never happened.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #921 on: May 07, 2017, 03:25:14 PM »
Ridiculous save by Allen on the breakaway.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #922 on: May 07, 2017, 03:52:53 PM »
All I can say is I hope Nashville gets whipped in the next round but if the favorable officiating follows them there then good luck to Anehiem or the Oilers. You can't combat momentum changing BS calls.

That being said some Blues fans would say this team did good considering where they were in January...yadda yadda yadda.....that's a load of crap. You play to win the Stanley Cup. If you don't win it it's not a successful season. Period.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #923 on: May 07, 2017, 03:55:31 PM »
This team did good considering where they were in January.

:P :biggrin:

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #924 on: May 07, 2017, 04:02:03 PM »
This team did good considering where they were in January.

:P :biggrin:

It'll be nice to see them with a full season under Yeo. They'll be in the hunt again I'm sure. That being said:

Berglund disappeared in the playoffs after being a strong playoff player he last few years. That's why he got the extension they gave him

Lehtera is useless. I mean USELESS. I'd pay him not to ever play again that's how useless he is.

Perron....played great all season then vanished in the playoffs only to reappear to take a bad penalty

Not having Fabbri killed us. He's too dynamic to overcome that absence

Anyway. I'm so utterly mad right now. It's infuriating to watch your team lose when you know they never played their best game. Sure, credit Nashville a bit on that but lets be honest....it's the Blues, they've been choking for years....just add this to that series to the list.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #925 on: May 07, 2017, 04:08:53 PM »

;D
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 04:52:36 PM by TAC »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #926 on: May 07, 2017, 05:37:11 PM »
I wouldn't worry about momentum too much; that can change in an instance in hockey.

:corn

Anyway. I'm so utterly mad right now. It's infuriating to watch your team lose when you know they never played their best game. Sure, credit Nashville a bit on that but lets be honest....it's the Blues, they've been choking for years....just add this to that series to the list.

Eh, I wouldn't call this a choke. They just got beat by a team playing lights out right now.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #927 on: May 07, 2017, 05:51:27 PM »
Holy hell Edmonton.

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #928 on: May 07, 2017, 05:54:15 PM »
Holy hell Edmonton.

I'm glad they're making me eat my words from yesterday. Did NOT see this coming as well as the Ducks have generally played the last four games.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #929 on: May 07, 2017, 05:54:24 PM »
The Blues scored five goals in games 3-6 combined.

The Oilers scored five goals in the 1st period tonight.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #930 on: May 07, 2017, 05:58:13 PM »
Oilers came to win. Ducks came already looking forward to game 7. What a showing by the Oilers for having 2 of their best defensemen out.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #931 on: May 07, 2017, 05:58:44 PM »
Holy hell Edmonton.

I'm glad they're making me eat my words from yesterday. Did NOT see this coming as well as the Ducks have generally played the last four games.

Well...had Edmonton not been victim to some St. Louis Blues type officiating luck this series is already over with them winning it 4 games to 1. Ducks have played good sure but they've also been kept in the series due to some fortunate calls.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #932 on: May 07, 2017, 06:08:49 PM »

Eh, I wouldn't call this a choke. They just got beat by a team playing lights out right now.

Ehh...you're definition of 'lights out' isn't the same as mine. Nashville was the recipient of some very fortunate and timely penalty calls against the Blues. Game 1 which they won you literally couldn't touch a Predator without a penalty being called and they scored (2) PP goals and beat us by one goal.

Game 4 in Nashville St. Louis had been playing a perfect road game and had a pretty good head of steam as momentum until that ridiculous penalty call on Reeves when all 10 players on the ice had each other in headlocks and what not and St. Louis ends up with the only penalty? Subsequently leading to Nashville getting a goal and shifting the momentum of the entire game and series.

Certainly the play of Rinne was great and you're not going to win many games only scoring 1 goal...the Blues needed to crank it up and they didn't. But it's tough to combat not only a team that is playing well but what was an awful lot of fortunate, timely Power Play time that both stymied the momentum the Blues had and immediately shifted it to the Preds.

It'd have been an entirely different series had the games been officiated even keel...but they weren't and that sucks. The series wasn't won/lost due to how bad the officiating was but it certainly didn't help at all.

Now just have to tolerate the three or four days of the Blues and the media trying to convince the fans that this season was 'just fine' and it was 'good' which is a load of  :censored   Stanley Cup or bust because that's what you play to win...anything less is failure.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #933 on: May 07, 2017, 06:18:54 PM »
What a 1st period!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #934 on: May 07, 2017, 06:51:17 PM »
The Oilers better save some goals for Game 7.

I'll give them credit. Most teams don't come back from losing a 2OT game after coughing up the tying goal with 16 seconds left.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #935 on: May 08, 2017, 05:46:24 AM »
Well, i certainly didn't expect that win from Edmonton last night. They still have an uphill battle to win game 7 in Anaheim, but it's nice to know they can win games without McJesus firing on all cylinders.  Could be a terrifying team to play against if he gets going too.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #936 on: May 08, 2017, 02:44:50 PM »
Just read that Tarasenko needs surgery on an injury he played with during the playoffs. They didn't specify what or where but if i were a betting man I'd say it's somewhere around his hands/wrists due to the 7,000 uncallled slashes he takes each game.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #937 on: May 08, 2017, 05:40:31 PM »
I thought it was only 6,000. :P :lol (I'm keeping it light-hearted following the ouster)

As for the Oilers, unless you are a fan of one of the other teams still alive, how are you not rooting for them?  They are fun as hell to watch.  When they get flying, it's like the whole team was shot out of a cannon.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #938 on: May 08, 2017, 05:44:01 PM »
I agree, Kev.

I'm sick of Pierre Maguire. Just saying. He talks way too much. I don't give a fuck what pee wee team a guys plays on.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #939 on: May 08, 2017, 07:48:18 PM »
Pens are lucky it's only 3-0. Absolute domination by the Capitals tonight. Pens were a chunk into the third period before even getting 10 shots.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #940 on: May 08, 2017, 07:54:15 PM »
I actually thought I was watching a Bruins/Capitals game!

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #941 on: May 08, 2017, 08:03:22 PM »
So relieving to see the Caps play like this with their backs against the wall. Cannot wait for game 7.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #942 on: May 08, 2017, 09:49:02 PM »
Caps dominated the game, gave Fluery the shakes, have all the momentum in the series, and are heading back home.

Why can't I stop the feeling I'll be dealing with watching the Penguins next round? :lol
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #943 on: May 09, 2017, 07:12:57 AM »
Caps dominated the game, gave Fluery the shakes, have all the momentum in the series, and are heading back home.

Why can't I stop the feeling I'll be dealing with watching the Penguins next round? :lol

I think game 7 is a toss up. The Pens played really, really bad last night. I don't think they will play that bad twice in a row, but we will see.

Game 7 should be nerve-racking if nothing else.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #944 on: May 09, 2017, 07:15:45 AM »
Let's see some Justin Williams game 7 magic! :metal :metal