Author Topic: Official NHL 2016-2017 Thread  (Read 91044 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Official NHL 2016-2017 Thread
« Reply #595 on: April 17, 2017, 11:14:29 PM »
The Chicago Blackhawks are officially up Shits Creek without a paddle.

:biggrin:
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #596 on: April 17, 2017, 11:56:24 PM »

Ain't over til it's over

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #597 on: April 18, 2017, 01:27:22 AM »

If the Preds take care of business and eliminate the Hawks, the West is wide open.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #598 on: April 18, 2017, 04:24:17 AM »
Oh Calgary. It's a 60 minute game, eh?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #599 on: April 18, 2017, 06:38:40 AM »

If the Preds take care of business and eliminate the Hawks, the West is wide open.

I think it's wide open already.  The Hawks aren't the team they used to be and that's evident. If they do pull off a miracle and the Blues Finish off the Wild....it's not like they wouldn't face a tough test in the Blues? San Jose isn't the same team they used to be and they have some key injuries. Edmonton is 'green' and an unknown and Anehiem can be beat as well. The Preds are on a roll but if it's a Blues/Preds series that is basically the same team playing each other and could go either way IMO.

The West was wide open when the playoffs began.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #600 on: April 18, 2017, 08:28:00 AM »
That Bruins OT call was terrible. The fact Tim Peel is able to ref playoff games (and Chris Lee and Francois St. Laurent for that matter) shows that the NHL simply doesn't care about the quality of refereeing. Worst 3 refs in the NHL.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #601 on: April 18, 2017, 09:24:45 AM »
That Bruins OT call was terrible. The fact Tim Peel is able to ref playoff games (and Chris Lee and Francois St. Laurent for that matter) shows that the NHL simply doesn't care about the quality of refereeing. Worst 3 refs in the NHL.

Just looked it up, and Peel was one of the Refs in the Saturday Leafs/Caps game that was terrible officiating (as I already commented).  So, yeah... he's wicked shit.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #602 on: April 18, 2017, 10:10:45 AM »
The Caps looked totally gassed last night. Starting to think this Leafs team could definitely pull the upset.

Oh and the Blackhawks, what the heck is happening there? I haven't had the chance to watch any of that series yet, but I just love that all the "experts" were picking them to win the cup and now they might get swept in the first round.  :lol

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #603 on: April 18, 2017, 01:16:45 PM »
Kings didn't make it, Bruins down, Hawks are almost out... not saying it would be this round, as it pretty much won't be, but I think anyone but Penguins fans could agree it would be nice to see them get eliminated next round and have all fresh faces in the semi-finals.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #604 on: April 18, 2017, 01:33:48 PM »
Kings didn't make it, Bruins down, Hawks are almost out... not saying it would be this round, as it pretty much won't be, but I think anyone but Penguins fans could agree it would be nice to see them get eliminated next round and have all fresh faces in the semi-finals.

Spoken like a true Flyers fan  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #605 on: April 18, 2017, 01:43:31 PM »
I have little faith in the Rangers pulling out a win to save the series tonight.  They have no home ice advantage and the team looked out coached last game.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #606 on: April 18, 2017, 03:20:21 PM »

You know there is truth to what I'm saying. :p

If I wanted to be a homer I would have said the Blue Jackets would come back and eliminate them this round.

I have a group of friends who get together once a month (or once a round in the playoffs) for a Flyers game, and only one person in the group is not a Flyers fan, and he is a Penguins fan. So we're getting together tonight for the Penguins game, and although I know they'll win the round hopefully Columbus can steal the game tonight. I'm going to troll as hard as possible and wear the Columbus Hartnell shirt Dark Castle got me a few years back.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #607 on: April 18, 2017, 05:42:14 PM »

Ain't over til it's over

True, but the fat lady is warming up. They still didn't look like themselves last night.  Hossa's effort on the OT goal was pathetic.  They look like a team that just doesn't want it this year.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #608 on: April 18, 2017, 08:48:06 PM »
The Rangers looked much better tonight. They played a faster and more intense game then they have in these playoffs and if they keep this up, they may get past Montreal.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #609 on: April 18, 2017, 09:42:25 PM »
Emelin come back pls

Offline dparrott

« Reply #610 on: April 18, 2017, 09:55:44 PM »
6-0 SHARKS AFTER TWO!!!!   :metal :metal :metal :rollin

And a stick to the groin after being down 5-0.  Way to stay classy, Edmonton!   :censored
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #611 on: April 19, 2017, 06:55:55 AM »

You know there is truth to what I'm saying. :p

If I wanted to be a homer I would have said the Blue Jackets would come back and eliminate them this round.

I have a group of friends who get together once a month (or once a round in the playoffs) for a Flyers game, and only one person in the group is not a Flyers fan, and he is a Penguins fan. So we're getting together tonight for the Penguins game, and although I know they'll win the round hopefully Columbus can steal the game tonight. I'm going to troll as hard as possible and wear the Columbus Hartnell shirt Dark Castle got me a few years back.

:lol Well the Jackets stole one!

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #612 on: April 19, 2017, 07:21:52 AM »
6-0 SHARKS AFTER TWO!!!!   :metal :metal :metal :rollin

And a stick to the groin after being down 5-0.  Way to stay classy, Edmonton!   :censored

Yeah,  i would hope that McLellan would sit him if this were the regular season. Straight bush league move.

On the positive side, since the game was already long over in the 2nd i got to bed at a decent time lol.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #613 on: April 19, 2017, 01:18:51 PM »
 Can I get someone with some Photoshop skills to make me a funny picture of Brian Elliott and Curtis Lazar coming into the lineup for Calgary tonight please
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #614 on: April 19, 2017, 07:07:26 PM »
Selke: Bergeron, Koivu, Kesler

Got the finalists right. :metal Bergeron has to win it, but the other two have been fantastic too.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #615 on: April 19, 2017, 08:58:27 PM »
One more win. I'm really looking forward to Friday
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #616 on: April 19, 2017, 09:01:01 PM »
Hell of a game for a 1-0 loss. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #617 on: April 19, 2017, 09:03:40 PM »
Different coach and different captain, but this Blues team has the same problem last year's did: no killer instinct when they have their foot on someone's throat.  They came out looking scared to play tonight, while the Wild look ready to keep their season going.  Ugh.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #618 on: April 19, 2017, 09:08:34 PM »
Different coach and different captain, but this Blues team has the same problem last year's did: no killer instinct when they have their foot on someone's throat.  They came out looking scared to play tonight, while the Wild look ready to keep their season going.  Ugh.

They've picked it up in the second period. Until the recent bout of retarded penalty calls. This is the playoffs, right?

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #619 on: April 19, 2017, 09:20:30 PM »
Hell of a game for a 1-0 loss.
I don't know how much I can take  :lol

I get those butterflies in my stomach and I can't eat when watching the games. That was a fun game
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #620 on: April 19, 2017, 10:25:19 PM »

They've picked it up in the second period. Until the recent bout of retarded penalty calls. This is the playoffs, right?

Well, it'd have been nice to get the sweep. Can't play 40 minutes in a playoff game and expect to win.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #621 on: April 20, 2017, 08:06:37 AM »
Super pumped for the big game 5 tonight in Montreal.  The Rangers need to play like they did in games 1 and 2 (should have won game 2  >:( ).  It's going to be wild in Montreal.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #622 on: April 20, 2017, 08:11:50 AM »
Hopefully the Pens can close this thing out tonight at home!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #623 on: April 20, 2017, 05:49:31 PM »

Well, it'd have been nice to get the sweep. Can't play 40 minutes in a playoff game and expect to win.

Nope.  The Blues were pretty fortunate to be up 3-0 in the series prior to last night, so the Wild probably deserved a better fate than a sweep anyway.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #624 on: April 20, 2017, 08:12:19 PM »

Nope.  The Blues were pretty fortunate to be up 3-0 in the series prior to last night, so the Wild probably deserved a better fate than a sweep anyway.

Very true. And, I fully expect the Blues to get throttled in Minnesota on Saturday then come home and win the series here.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #625 on: April 20, 2017, 08:20:15 PM »
Montreal got severely outplayed in that OT.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #626 on: April 20, 2017, 08:20:49 PM »
Montreal got severely outplayed in that OT.

Yeah. It was one chance after another for NY

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #627 on: April 20, 2017, 08:22:45 PM »
Watched that game too. Now watching the Nashville/Chicago game. Is it possible Chicago goes out 4 straight? WOW!!

EDIT:
Oh shit, 3-0!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #628 on: April 20, 2017, 08:29:56 PM »
It's great to see Chicago go down like this, but if they get by the Wild and don't play a lot better, the Blues will get pummeled by them, too.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #629 on: April 20, 2017, 08:43:04 PM »
It's great to see Chicago go down like this, but if they get by the Wild and don't play a lot better, the Blues will get pummeled by them, too.

Blues vs Preds is a 7 game series. I get what you're saying but if the Blues can fend off the Wild....the Preds series will be ok. The Blues are just as hot as they are. It's no sweep but they're still playing good team hockey.