Author Topic: Official NHL 2016-2017 Thread  (Read 92154 times)

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Official NHL 2016-2017 Thread
« Reply #560 on: April 16, 2017, 02:48:56 PM »
Love watching questionable calls change the momentum of a game.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #561 on: April 16, 2017, 02:57:53 PM »

....and another one.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #562 on: April 16, 2017, 03:30:37 PM »

....and another one.

You've got to be kidding me?

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #563 on: April 16, 2017, 04:06:03 PM »
See you later Minnesota. No way they come back from 3-0. If the hawks end up losing,  this could be a wide open year in the west.  I could easily see the Blues making the final.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #564 on: April 16, 2017, 04:36:36 PM »

....and another one.

You've got to be kidding me?

Ahh... the inaugural 'Miller meltdown' of the 2017 playoff season.  Good to see you!   :lol

Just a minor one ... a flesh would if you will.  All's well that ends well, eh Gary?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #565 on: April 16, 2017, 04:38:42 PM »
Both of the "favourites" from the West are shitting the bed big-time.

See you later Minnesota. No way they come back from 3-0. If the hawks end up losing,  this could be a wide open year in the west.  I could easily see the Blues making the final.

I'm going Preds.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #566 on: April 16, 2017, 04:56:48 PM »
Both of the "favourites" from the West are shitting the bed big time

Well, they are also facing teams that have been playing 'playoff hockey' for the past month basically. The Blues entered the playoffs on a 15-2-2 run.....Preds were something similar  so sure, the top teams aren't doing well but it's less about them 'shitting the bed' and more to the fact they're facing teams that are dialed in.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #567 on: April 16, 2017, 05:01:06 PM »

I'm going Preds.

Preds vs. Blues second round would be insane. Very even and similar teams.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #568 on: April 16, 2017, 06:49:46 PM »
Both of the "favourites" from the West are shitting the bed big time

Well, they are also facing teams that have been playing 'playoff hockey' for the past month basically. The Blues entered the playoffs on a 15-2-2 run.....Preds were something similar  so sure, the top teams aren't doing well but it's less about them 'shitting the bed' and more to the fact they're facing teams that are dialed in.

The last five years, the Blues went into the playoffs as one of the top teams that had comfortably clinched their spot weeks earlier, as opposed to this year where they had to fight and claw to make it in, and look at how they are playing. There is something to be said about momentum heading into the postseason.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #569 on: April 16, 2017, 07:12:21 PM »
The Rangers need to wake up. Lundqvist has been absolutely incredible so far in these playoffs and they're wasting it.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #570 on: April 16, 2017, 07:31:01 PM »
JESUS HAS RISEN AND HIS NAME IS ALEX RADULOV

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #571 on: April 16, 2017, 09:45:44 PM »

My gf was in the kitchen when that goal was scored and I immediately yelled for her to come watch the replays. Fantastic.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #572 on: April 17, 2017, 02:36:00 AM »

Dat goal.
:jawdrop:
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #573 on: April 17, 2017, 07:12:11 AM »
Pens up 3-0. It would be huge for them to get out of this series sooner rather than later and rest up.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #574 on: April 17, 2017, 07:25:15 AM »
Pens up 3-0. It would be huge for them to get out of this series sooner rather than later and rest up.

Extremely disappointed in the Blue Jackets. I didn't expect them to win the series, but I did expect them to put up a much better fight.

Best stat of the playoffs so far?

Pekka Rinne having two more points than the entire Blackhawks team. That's just fantastic.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #575 on: April 17, 2017, 07:35:39 AM »

Extremely disappointed in the Blue Jackets. I didn't expect them to win the series, but I did expect them to put up a much better fight.

Well I'm obviously not disappointed, but I agree with you, I thought the Jackets would put up much more of a fight. I was expecting this to go 6 or 7 games. They just seem very outmatched by the Pens most shifts. 

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #576 on: April 17, 2017, 11:26:35 AM »
I have faith in my Hawks, always do. But the better team shall win. If isn't meant to be, it isn't meant to be.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #577 on: April 17, 2017, 11:57:54 AM »
I have faith in my Hawks, always do. But the better team shall win. If isn't meant to be, it isn't meant to be.

I've witnessed the Hawks come back from two down and rattle off four in a row....so i hav no doubts that series is far from over. I'd be shocked if they didn't win tonight.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #578 on: April 17, 2017, 12:05:07 PM »

I've witnessed the Hawks come back from two down and rattle off four in a row....so i hav no doubts that series is far from over. I'd be shocked if they didn't win tonight.

We'll see what happens.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #579 on: April 17, 2017, 01:31:25 PM »
I'm stunned how strong/resilient/dominant the Pens have looked, along with how ordinary the Caps have looked, and how lame the Hawks have looked.  I had a Caps/Hawks final predicted, and a Pens 1st round loss.  :facepalm:  At this moment, the Pens look like the strongest team out there.  With everyone so gaga over Bobrovsky's play (some even suggested a Hart nomination), I would've expected him to be able to steal a game or two, but he has been (despite some fantastic saves) largely mediocre.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #580 on: April 17, 2017, 02:13:09 PM »
I'm stunned how strong/resilient/dominant the Pens have looked, along with how ordinary the Caps have looked, and how lame the Hawks have looked.  I had a Caps/Hawks final predicted, and a Pens 1st round loss.  :facepalm:  At this moment, the Pens look like the strongest team out there.  With everyone so gaga over Bobrovsky's play (some even suggested a Hart nomination), I would've expected him to be able to steal a game or two, but he has been (despite some fantastic saves) largely mediocre.

Honest question - why does that stun you? Did you watch the Pens this year? I didn't expect a sweep in this first round, but I expected them to do well. They did finish 2nd in the league in points, they are a really, really good team.

Repeat champions in the NHL are rare for a reason, but this team has a shot if they keep playing well and continue to get a couple injured guys back.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #581 on: April 17, 2017, 04:03:09 PM »
Stuns me because historically neither A) the team that led the league in goals or B) defending champions ... repeat.  Pitt has both of those factors against them.  Perhaps I worded it wrong... I'm not stunned they're playing this well, I'm stunned that the way they are playing is THAT much better than the Jackets. 

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #582 on: April 17, 2017, 05:03:29 PM »
I'm a little surprised by the Pens simply because of the amount of injuries they have. Then again, I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to hockey, so there's probably stuff going on that's way over my head. I enjoy watching the game, but the finite details have always been a little lost on me.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #583 on: April 17, 2017, 05:25:28 PM »
Pens v CBJ isn't the least bit surprising.  Jackets had a mediocre second half,  and simply don't have the power to keep up with a team that has 2 of the best players on the planet. I had this series down as a sweep. Then again,  i had the hawks sweeping the preds, so what the hell do i know.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #584 on: April 17, 2017, 06:17:50 PM »
Pretty crazy B's and Sens game.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #585 on: April 17, 2017, 06:37:55 PM »
I was so mad at the B's I turned it off and missed the first 2 B's goals. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #586 on: April 17, 2017, 06:52:07 PM »
Stuns me because historically neither A) the team that led the league in goals or B) defending champions ... repeat.  Pitt has both of those factors against them.  Perhaps I worded it wrong... I'm not stunned they're playing this well, I'm stunned that the way they are playing is THAT much better than the Jackets.

Ah okay, that makes sense. I'm with you on that last part. Like I said, I picked the Pens to win the series but I thought it would take 6 or 7. I guess it still could, just not looking like it.

Pretty crazy B's and Sens game.

Yup, I'm switching between that and the Leafs and Caps game. Leafs just came back to tie it up. Toronto is freaking electric right now (the crowd that is).

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #587 on: April 17, 2017, 06:57:34 PM »
I am not looking forward to the third.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #588 on: April 17, 2017, 07:59:46 PM »
As much as i despise the Leafs, i gotta say they've impressed me this post season. I thought they'd get pumped by the caps,  but this has been one of the closest series.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #589 on: April 17, 2017, 08:03:13 PM »
Caps are in trouble. They got outplayed by a fair margin tonight. Strange how they just can't get it together in the playoffs. Especially with Ovi, one of the best playoff producers in the NHL.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #590 on: April 17, 2017, 08:17:41 PM »
Fudge.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #591 on: April 17, 2017, 08:19:22 PM »
Boston got screwed on that penalty in OT, but how dumb is Chara?  You are short handed, but yeah, take your sweet time getting off the ice, which results in his replacement being behind what turned out to be the game-winning play.

Great comeback by the Leafs!!

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #592 on: April 17, 2017, 08:42:48 PM »
Yeah, should have been a call on both or no call at all. But Senators won! Now I'm nervous for Wednesday....
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #593 on: April 17, 2017, 09:14:55 PM »
Great comeback by the Leafs!!

Only the 2nd game all season that they've comeback from a 2+ goal deficit.  Great, exciting hockey is what these kids have produced all year.  They'd have had a better record if they could've held leads (they blew a ton this year), or could salvage an extra point in SO's (1-8).  It would seem all of that was character building for how they've pulled it together this series - and truthfully, 3 of the Caps goals (2 tonight / 1 on Saturday) were defensive brain-farts from the rookies, leaving someone wide open.  Tack on that softie that Anderson let in for the game 1 winner, and they really have given the Caps all/more than they can handle.  Now, if they can only close the deal.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #594 on: April 17, 2017, 11:12:03 PM »
The Chicago Blackhawks are officially up Shits Creek without a paddle.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask