Author Topic: Official NHL 2016-2017 Thread  (Read 90942 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Official NHL 2016-2017 Thread
« Reply #525 on: April 13, 2017, 12:53:23 PM »
If Lundqvist keeps playing the way he did last night, the Rangers have a legitimate shot at making a run.

They played a great game, but I see the likelihood of the Rangers lifting the cup this year about on par with the Flyers lifting it.

:lol

He saved them in the 1st for sure, but didn't have too many difficult stops after that.  IMO, Price out-played him, just let a bit of a soft one by.

Yea Price played great, the Rangers had more opportunities and besides the one goal, Price was making great saves.

I will agree though that if Henrik plays great, the Rangers can go far just because that's playoff hockey. 

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #526 on: April 13, 2017, 01:16:03 PM »
Mixed start last night for the Pens, we got the win, which is obviously the main thing, but they have to start games better moving forward. They were lucky to get out of the first period with no score, as they were badly outplayed.

The big upsides for me last night were - (1) Kessel scoring (he needs to get hot for the Pens to make a run) and (2) that the Pens mostly stayed disciplined when facing some rough play from the Jackets. If they can keep turning the other cheek, they just might win this series in less than 6 or 7 games.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #527 on: April 13, 2017, 05:37:42 PM »
Washington looks dreadful early, and Toronto is taking advantage.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #528 on: April 13, 2017, 08:54:03 PM »
And that's why they play a full game.  Sucks to have it end in a softy like that.  Washington got a scare tonight, and I'm sure will come out much differently on Saturday night
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #529 on: April 14, 2017, 07:48:27 PM »
Here's my innagural ref bitch.

Load of fucking shit on two calls back to back on the Blues giving the Wild a 5 on 3. I challenge anyone to watch the supposed penalties that were callled and tell me they were penalties.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #530 on: April 14, 2017, 07:50:28 PM »
They let everything go in the B's/Senators game.

The way it should be played. The game flowed and there was up and down the ice intensity.   
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #531 on: April 14, 2017, 07:52:32 PM »
Just got into Roger's Place for the game tonight. Desperately need a win. 2-0 down heading back to SJ would likely spell doom.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #532 on: April 14, 2017, 07:57:54 PM »
They let everything go in the B's/Senators game.

The way it should be played. The game flowed and there was up and down the ice intensity.

Wouldn't bother me if it swung both ways. IMO we are owed a 5 on 3. Two of the softest calls I've seen. It's the friggin playoffs.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #533 on: April 14, 2017, 07:59:51 PM »

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #534 on: April 14, 2017, 08:42:24 PM »
Whoever wins this Habs vs. Rangers series is gonna be exhausted. What a series so far.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #535 on: April 14, 2017, 09:04:06 PM »
 :metal

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #536 on: April 14, 2017, 09:13:50 PM »
That game should have never even went to overtime. If the refs actually called the game fairly (like missing every time Montreal had a guy standing in the crease) then the Rangers would have taken care of business in regulation. Hopefully they can feed off of the home crowd and take both games in MSG.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #537 on: April 14, 2017, 09:32:10 PM »
Pretty sure Macho Man Randy Savage is sitting behind me. I swear if he yells "ooooh yeah, fuck em up!!" once more I'm going to lose it.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #538 on: April 14, 2017, 09:40:48 PM »
That game should have never even went to overtime. If the refs actually called the game fairly (like missing every time Montreal had a guy standing in the crease) then the Rangers would have taken care of business in regulation. Hopefully they can feed off of the home crowd and take both games in MSG.
Oh please. There was tons of missed stuff on both sides. Your team got away with boarding from behind in the final stretch and there was that blatant cross-check to the face in I think the second period. It really wasn't called any different from any other playoff game. They let shit slide, that's how it goes.

Also, how is standing in the crease a penalty? :lol

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #539 on: April 14, 2017, 09:49:53 PM »
Pretty sure Macho Man Randy Savage is sitting behind me. I swear if he yells "ooooh yeah, fuck em up!!" once more I'm going to lose it.

:lol

This year in Philadelphia the woooooo became popular and it was highly annoying.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #540 on: April 14, 2017, 09:53:13 PM »

Load of fucking shit on two calls back to back on the Blues giving the Wild a 5 on 3. I challenge anyone to watch the supposed penalties that were callled and tell me they were penalties.

I thought the Steen call was fine.  Upshall threw an elbow, but to call that when a team is already down a man is pretty lame.  Refs will usually not give a team a 2-man advantage on such a marginal call.

That said, it did not matter.  Blues win again!! :metal :metal

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #541 on: April 14, 2017, 10:03:30 PM »

I thought the Steen call was fine.  Upshall threw an elbow, but to call that when a team is already down a man is pretty lame.  Refs will usually not give a team a 2-man advantage on such a marginal call.

That said, it did not matter.  Blues win again!! :metal :metal

Largest complaint about the Steen call is that if you're going to call that then call it both ways. All sorts of clutching and grabbing going on so to call that in the first place was a bit of BS. The Upshall 'elbow' was ridiculous. Same thing....both teams were being physical and the Wild were holding just as many sticks and throwing just as many elbows. Didn't seem right to call it on one team and not the other.

But like you said.....didn't matter anyway.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #542 on: April 14, 2017, 10:29:57 PM »

Should of gave him a slim jim!
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #543 on: April 14, 2017, 10:30:26 PM »
What was Jones doing on that EDM goal?  He barely moved!

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #544 on: April 14, 2017, 10:59:32 PM »
TWO SH goals??? Seriously???   >:(

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #545 on: April 14, 2017, 11:24:55 PM »
TWO SH goals??? Seriously???   >:(

;D

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #546 on: April 14, 2017, 11:25:50 PM »

Should of gave him a slim jim!

By the 3rd he was so blotto that he could barely manage a coherent sentence.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #547 on: April 15, 2017, 06:09:35 AM »
Oh please. There was tons of missed stuff on both sides. Your team got away with boarding from behind in the final stretch and there was that blatant cross-check to the face in I think the second period. It really wasn't called any different from any other playoff game. They let shit slide, that's how it goes.

Totally agree with LLM here.  That post-whistle "slash" that Radulov got a penalty over in the 1st was lighter than a feather.  IMO, NY got away with more than Mtl ... but not enough for it to be REALLY noticeable or unfair.

Whoever wins this Habs vs. Rangers series is gonna be exhausted. What a series so far.

Yup.  Best series so far that I've witnessed - though, we're not getting Min/StL around here.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #548 on: April 15, 2017, 02:51:44 PM »
Holy crap B's!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #549 on: April 15, 2017, 04:09:56 PM »
That Rangers game last night was a really great game to watch, but extremely frustrating as a Rangers fan to lose.  They were soooo close.   :facepalm:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #550 on: April 15, 2017, 04:14:32 PM »
Well that changed fast.  Dumb move by Chara.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #551 on: April 15, 2017, 06:36:38 PM »
That Rangers game last night was a really great game to watch, but extremely frustrating as a Rangers fan to lose.  They were soooo close.   :facepalm:
You can really see that these are two teams that were one point apart in the standings. Betting it goes to 7.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #552 on: April 15, 2017, 08:53:19 PM »
How about them Predators!  Guessing not many folks thought they would be up 2 on the road.  If they can win 1 of 2 at home this could be interesting.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #553 on: April 15, 2017, 09:00:38 PM »
0 goals for the Hawks after 2, and that's with their home ice advantage. Rinne has 2 assists. Rinne a more potent offensive player than the entire Blackhawks roster confirmed.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #554 on: April 15, 2017, 09:38:29 PM »
Wow, what a sweet Game winning goal for Toronto.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #555 on: April 15, 2017, 10:39:20 PM »
Hawks better start showin up in game 3 or we're in deep shit.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #556 on: April 15, 2017, 10:41:53 PM »
Hawks better start showin up in game 3 or we're in deep shit.

Was only able to see about 10'minutes of the game when it was 2-0 but it looked like they were going through the motions waiting for someone else to 'make something happen'

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #557 on: April 15, 2017, 11:11:38 PM »
Toronto and Chicago are both surprising me for very different reasons. The Maple Leafs are pushing the best team in the league to their very limit and could potentially pull off the biggest upset of the playoffs. This is a testament to how good of a coach Mike Babcock is, and I believe that the Jack Adams trophy is his to lose even with the year Tortorella had with the Blue Jackets. The Blackhawks on the other hand look like they're just going through the motions against an inferior opponent, perfectly content with the fact that they've won three championships in the past seven years. Joel Quenneville needs to light a fire under every one of his players' asses because with the next two games in Nashville, they can't afford another showing like the one they had tonight. I feel that if they go down three games to none, this is going to be a first round exit for them. If there's any team in the league that can turn it around quickly and go on a tear it's Chicago but if they keep playing like the way they did tonight (and in game one for that matter), the Predators are going to make quick work of them.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #558 on: April 16, 2017, 06:22:36 AM »
That's why they play the games folks. I can't believe how ordinary the Caps look. Toronto is definitely punching out of their weight class here. Exciting games - Anderson stole that one...especially with Polak going down. Marner might have saved the game tracking down Ovie on that breakaway. Phenomenal effort there. My only beef with the game was the number of pussy penalties the ref(s) called - on both sides. Ovie had less than 3 mins of ice time in Period 1 because of all the special teams. 

And wth, Chicago!?!?!  Brutal performances. Too bad the Flames couldn't have one, and made it a clean Canadian sweep in Game 2s.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #559 on: April 16, 2017, 07:32:45 AM »
I was hoping the Flames would win so we'd stop hearing about that stupid "Flames have lost 399 games in a row at Anaheim" fact, something which has zero relevance to their current series.

Those Leafs/Caps overtimes were awesome.  Great back and forth action.

I love seeing Chicago lose. :coolio :hat