Author Topic: DIRT POOR ROBINS - v. Firebird (2/29/2024)  (Read 10995 times)

Offline SoundscapeMN

Re: DIRT POOR ROBINS - v. Firebird (2/29/2024)
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2024, 02:45:32 PM »
Firebird is already up on bandcamp
https://dirtpoorrobins.bandcamp.com/album/firebird

their last record "Queen of the Night" has yet to be released in a physical format, however others have been

https://www.amazon.com/CDs-Vinyl-Dirt-Poor-Robins/s?rh=n%3A5174%2Cp_32%3ADirt+Poor+Robins

Firebird is planned to be released on Vinyl.

Yeah, I saw that, but they're all marked as 'currently unavailable' on Amazon, and there didn't even seem to be any on discogs which is my normal go-to for not-on-Amazon albums. People on there will sell a copy of Dan Swano's Moontower for regular CD prices, they're nuts.

I hope so, or they reissue them. I have the Raven Locks 1 and the Raven Locks compilation, + Deadhorse on CD and Vinyl. I want the others still.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2024, 01:00:23 PM »
FIREBIRD

they put out another barn-burner here..even with a bit of reservation I have with the 80's drum sound on a few tracks. They managed to blend their style with Dark Wave and the concept/cinematic element.

Firebird at points reminds me a little of the last Major Parkinson album "Valesa: Chapter I: Velvet Prison."

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2024, 01:02:42 PM »
I just listened to it this morning.  My favorites are some of the ones that were released last year, mainly "You'll Never Hear Me Coming", "To the Heights", and "Fever Dream".  The other new ones are good, they're just going to take more time to sink in.  This will easily be a top contender on my albums of the year list though. 

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2024, 07:54:15 AM »
The only track I'm struggling with is 'Empty'.  Of the new tracks I really like 'Holy Roller', 'So Long Yesterday' and 'Firebird'.

Very good release!