General > Movies and TV

Stranger Things

(1/59) > >>

Skeever:
Surprised there's not a thread for this because it's getting hyped EVERYWHERE.

I watched the first two episodes last night and determined, yup, it's just as good as everyone's saying. The Goonies comparisons are evident, but I'm also getting strong John Carpenter vibes. Also, splashes on Twin Peaks.

What do you think?

TioJorge:
I was right about to start one. I finished it a few days ago and loved every second of it, it's my favorite sci/fi show (or movie) I've seen for a long while. I mean, it essential is an 8-part movie. It's amazing; from the music to the direction, the story and acting, every bit of it is meticulously constructed and is a perfect homage to Carptenter (and direct nods to it in the show) and the 80's vibes all around while still retaining a completely fresh feel and not feeling like it's riding off of nostalgia.

Even with all the awesome shows on Netflix and ones that are longer, this might be my favorite.

faizoff:
I was thinking of making a thread since most of the discussion of this show appeared to happen in the 'What show on Netflix to binge this summer' thread.
I completed the show in the weekend it got released and enjoyed every single episode. It was a great mix of 80s nostalgia without really hammering the era. Very entertaining show that I'm probably going to watch again very soon.

Train of Naught:
I love this song!!

kaos2900:
Going to start this next week after we finish Hell on Wheels.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version