Author Topic: Bloom County Animated Series In Development  (Read 1523 times)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Bloom County Animated Series In Development
« on: February 15, 2022, 02:39:49 PM »
Not sure how many fans of this legendary comic we have here, but I'm about as excited as can be...

Ack! Bill the Cat, Opus and the rest of Berkeley Breathed’s “Bloom County” universe are heading to Fox. The comic strip, created and written by Berkeley Breathed, is being developed as an animated series at Fox, through its animation studio, Bento Box Entertainment, as well as Miramax, Spyglass Media Group and Project X Entertainment.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/bloom-county-animated-fox-berkeley-breathed-1235182440/amp/?fbclid=IwAR0c1OwBMDC38b0q3wMGf2NRPSf9za4wBj5Oz1DwxcD9RmMtGg-Zhh57qjg

Offline pg1067

Re: Bloom County Animated Series In Development
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 03:05:45 PM »
Hmmm...I used to like Bloom County when I still got a newspaper (which hasn't been the case in a LONG time).

I remember being excited when they made a cartoon out of Dilbert, but that was squelched pretty quickly.  Hope this turns out better.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 04:45:54 PM »
Hmmm...I used to like Bloom County when I still got a newspaper (which hasn't been the case in a LONG time).

I remember being excited when they made a cartoon out of Dilbert, but that was squelched pretty quickly.  Hope this turns out better.

About 7 years ago he started up online, and his work is just fantastic. He's really embraced technology in his art and it shows beautifully, and his storylines are just wonderful. All his new stuff is available on GoComics or on his Facebook page

Offline jammindude

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2022, 06:09:49 PM »
The newer online strips have been absolutely fantastic and I hope he puts out a new book soon.

I think the quality of the animated series will depend on how much creative control he has over it.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2022, 09:50:16 AM »
The comic strip is obviously fantastic.  Not sure how it will translate.

Not EVERYTHING needs to be adapted to film or TV.  But we'll see.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2022, 09:53:48 AM »
I think a huge part of its success will hinge on how Opus is voiced. That's going to be a massive decision. Every other character I can kind of imagine, but I've never really imagined how Opus sounds.