Author Topic: Wayward Pines....  (Read 863 times)

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
Wayward Pines....
« on: July 16, 2016, 05:56:12 PM »
I can't believe there's not a thread for this show?  Or maybe I'm just blind... :lol  Anywho, I just started watching this show a week or so ago and absolutely love it.  I've been watching on demand and am fully caught up now.  I love the story outline and it will be interesting to see where M.Night takes it.  Anyone else watching???

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Re: Wayward Pines....
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 07:17:18 PM »
We watched the first season and enjoyed it, but the thing that brought it down for me was Matt Dillon. His performance was very meh. He was very wooden, and at times just sounded bored, and didn't have much emotion where there should have been. The main character of season 2 is a much better actor, but we've only watched the first episode so far.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 10:19:21 AM »
Yeah, when I first saw that the lead was Matt Dillion, I was like...ugh...  He did OK though and I think the story helped make up for anything he was lacking.  For the 2nd season, it was initially a bit of a let down after the first, at least the first couple episodes, but then it picks up again. 

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 09:38:12 AM »
I enjoyed the first season, even though the whole premise is beyond silly  :lol. I gave up on season two after about four episodes. It just wasn't holding my interest.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 12:12:10 PM »
I actually liked the concept and the first season was pretty good. I heard they had cancelled the show so I don't know why they did this second one but it was clearly a mistake. Simply awful.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 12:05:51 AM »
That show was pretty awesome for a FOX drama.
I endured Matt Dillon and Jason Patric and got through both seasons, that says something.
It looks like no season 3, didn't feel like season 2's finale was an adequate conclusion though.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2016, 09:28:42 AM »
Well, I guess that was as good a way as any to end the show.  No matter how long they sleep though, I don't think the Abi's were going anywhere.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 04:28:51 PM »
Yeah but they gave birth to a human baby at the end of the episode, possibly hinting at some kind of reverse evolution.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.