Author Topic: Every day events that make you sing Dream Theater lyrics  (Read 4063 times)

Offline shredd

• Always Awake
  • ROCK ON!
Every day events that make you sing Dream Theater lyrics
« on: July 11, 2016, 11:31:32 PM »
Thought this would be an interesting topic to start, just share what every day occurrences that cause you to burst into DT songs. Whether it be because of a certain vibe or emotion or because the of specifically the lyrics

For example:
Every time I see a sparrow flying downwards I can't help but shout: "Watch the sparrow falling gives new meaning to it all!"

or every time I'm driving through sprawling hills or emerald fields I basically sing all of TCOT
We move in circles - Balanced all the while - On a gleaming razor's edge
A perfect sphere - Colliding with our fate - This story ends where it began

Offline MirrorMask

Re: Every day events that make you sing Dream Theater lyrics
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 02:40:15 AM »
or every time I'm driving through sprawling hills or emerald fields I basically sing all of TCOT

Not really the same thing but since I'm italian, every time I go to Tuscany I make sure I have that song on my muuuusic playeeeer. Works fine also in Umbria, tried it last May  :D

(And speaking of May... early May is the time I recall the beginning of Metropolis)
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Sycsa

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 04:46:08 AM »
Whenever I'm running late, the "selfish enough to make you wait for me" line from TROAE starts playing in my head.

Sycsa is perhaps the most brilliant and insightful man I have ever encountered.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 05:28:16 AM »
Whenever I'm at work and someone irritates me, I start singing to myself, "Temptation, why won't you leave me alone."

Offline Mladen

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 06:08:35 AM »
A while ago, I went into a store and bought several bags of potato chips. I took a look at them and suddenly sang a line that came to me: "Most people struggle to survive." It was extremely random, as if buying potato chips is considered luxury. Then again, I was there with a buddy of mine who is also a Dream Theater fan, so we were kind of goofing around.

Offline fischermasamune

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 01:19:45 PM »
When I use my shampoo, I think: this one will last forever.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 01:22:02 PM »
When I use my shampoo, I think: this one will last forever.
I have no idea what the connection is there.  And you know what?  I'm okay with that.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 01:28:44 PM »
The Fourth is the Dance of...Pantene?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2016, 01:37:30 PM »
Ah, yes.  How could I have missed it?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2016, 02:35:16 PM »
"I just don't understand" - Several times a day.

Offline shredd

• Always Awake
  • ROCK ON!
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2016, 01:04:51 AM »
These are all awesome and hilarious  :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2016, 01:28:42 AM »
Another thing I remembred... I can't tell the specific occasions, but sometimes when I long for something that hasn't happened yet I happened to muse to myself once or twice "If not today not yet tomorrow then some other day".
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Nefarius

• Named Nefarius since before it was cool.
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2016, 02:49:03 AM »
Whenever I fantasize about randomly killing people for their unbearable stupidity (so pretty much every day at work) I hear the line "only a matter ooof tiiiime". >:(

Greetings...
Nef

Offline Ruby Inferno

• Trapped in my phobia, possessed by anxiety
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2016, 10:30:23 AM »
I find Dream Theater references in everything without even trying, it just happens, lol.  Only just joined the forum, and you know what one of the first (second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, octave) things I did was? I clicked home. And you know what that reminds me of? Shineeeeeeeeee lake of fireeeeeeeee. And next to home is help. Pleeeeease excuse meeeee, sir can you help meeee, where can I find this mannnn?

I was cropping the photo for my profile picture. And you know what one of the other edit options for the photo was? Mirror. Look in the mirrorrrrr my friendddddd!

One of my brothers (LET ME INTRODUCE MY BROTHER) was talking about something he hadn't done in (hello, mirror, so glad to see you my friend, it's been) a while, and that it's been a long long time. So I replied with "Have you had a while to think it over?" And I proceeded to sing Surrounded. Thankfully both of my brothers are Dream Theater fans, so they actually get my constant (motionnnnnn) references, and are annoyed by them. :lol

If someone mentions a year (fooooorrr 30 yearsss whereeee have I beeeeeeeen), I think about if Dream Theater have released anything that year.

My brother asked if I'm awake, and I replied "No, I'm falling into infinity, obviously."

When it starts raining? It's raininggg deep in heavennnnn.

"What's the time?" "6 o'clock (on a christmas morning)".

I also find obscure references to Dream Theater songs, in other Dream Theater songs. "Tear down these walls for meeeeee, stop me from going under- pulll me underrrr, pull me underrrr, pull me under I'm not afraid- brother can you hearrrrr meeee, I am not afraid, I will not forsake you- forsakeennnnnnn, I have come for you tonighttttttt- tonight I'm awakeeeeeee"

I don't even need to put much (train of) thought into thinking of things that could be an obscure reference to Dream Theater. It is a part of me.

I never intended for this post to have so many Dream Theater references, but I just can't help myself (I'm feeling like I'm going out of my head). I find references in my own text, whilst typing. You could say I find them through my words.

Forsaken is now stuck in my head, and I keep singing it. :D

... I have a problem.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2016, 12:12:29 PM »
And next to home is help. Pleeeeease excuse meeeee, sir can you help meeee, where can I find this mannnn?

Now, see, I would have gone: "I'm falllllllllling!  I'm crawlllllllling!"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2016, 12:38:13 PM »

... I have a problem.

Welcome to the club.  :lol  :metal

Offline Ruby Inferno

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2016, 12:45:41 PM »
And next to home is help. Pleeeeease excuse meeeee, sir can you help meeee, where can I find this mannnn?

Now, see, I would have gone: "I'm falllllllllling!  I'm crawlllllllling!"
Haha, that would have worked too.

Or even "Heeeelp meeeeee, I can't break out this prison all aloneeeeee"

Offline shredd

• Always Awake
  • ROCK ON!
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2016, 06:44:05 AM »
I find Dream Theater references in everything without even trying, it just happens, lol.  Only just joined the forum, and you know what one of the first (second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, octave) things I did was? I clicked home. And you know what that reminds me of? Shineeeeeeeeee lake of fireeeeeeeee. And next to home is help. Pleeeeease excuse meeeee, sir can you help meeee, where can I find this mannnn?

I was cropping the photo for my profile picture. And you know what one of the other edit options for the photo was? Mirror. Look in the mirrorrrrr my friendddddd!

One of my brothers (LET ME INTRODUCE MY BROTHER) was talking about something he hadn't done in (hello, mirror, so glad to see you my friend, it's been) a while, and that it's been a long long time. So I replied with "Have you had a while to think it over?" And I proceeded to sing Surrounded. Thankfully both of my brothers are Dream Theater fans, so they actually get my constant (motionnnnnn) references, and are annoyed by them. :lol

If someone mentions a year (fooooorrr 30 yearsss whereeee have I beeeeeeeen), I think about if Dream Theater have released anything that year.

My brother asked if I'm awake, and I replied "No, I'm falling into infinity, obviously."

When it starts raining? It's raininggg deep in heavennnnn.

"What's the time?" "6 o'clock (on a christmas morning)".

I also find obscure references to Dream Theater songs, in other Dream Theater songs. "Tear down these walls for meeeeee, stop me from going under- pulll me underrrr, pull me underrrr, pull me under I'm not afraid- brother can you hearrrrr meeee, I am not afraid, I will not forsake you- forsakeennnnnnn, I have come for you tonighttttttt- tonight I'm awakeeeeeee"

I don't even need to put much (train of) thought into thinking of things that could be an obscure reference to Dream Theater. It is a part of me.

I never intended for this post to have so many Dream Theater references, but I just can't help myself (I'm feeling like I'm going out of my head). I find references in my own text, whilst typing. You could say I find them through my words.

Forsaken is now stuck in my head, and I keep singing it. :D

... I have a problem.

This is probably the best DT related wall of words I have ever read :rollin :rollin and mainly coz that's basically how my mind works as well

Offline AngelBack

• I'm officially a lard......
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Why you want beef with broccoli ?
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2016, 07:35:52 AM »
When I use my micro wave on 70 percent power, it cycles thru on and off and the tone is the same interval as the keyboard behind the ticking clock on LSFNY Regression.  Every time I reheat pizza I want to close my eyes....
But the arc of your life will still be profound

Offline matthewmatt

• the resident reactionary recalcitrant
  • Our pizza travelled far
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2016, 08:34:32 AM »
Each time me and my wife are watching a movie or a TV series where somebody is a drunk (or, well, just drinks), we usually start singing various parts of the 12 Step Suite at each other. Maybe that's why we haven't watched Leaving Las Vegas so far...
"They want to qualify their boys for jobs in the modern world. You can hardly blame them, can you?"
"Oh yes," said Scott-King. "I can and do." [...]
"If you approve, headmaster, I will stay as I am here as long as any boy wants to read the classics. I think it would be very wicked indeed to do anything to fit a boy for the modern world."

Offline Ruby Inferno

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2016, 09:03:01 AM »
This is probably the best DT related wall of words I have ever read :rollin :rollin and mainly coz that's basically how my mind works as well
Ah, but how about the best DT related wall of images? :P

Offline shredd

• Always Awake
  • ROCK ON!
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2016, 04:12:20 AM »
Ah, but how about the best DT related wall of images? :P

That title will forever belong to the SFAM album cover   ;)

Offline Agalsed

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2016, 05:42:56 AM »
I work in a psych clinic and all the doors have signs on them that get flipped to "in use" when you sign out a room. When there is no one in the room, the sign says "vacant," which makes me sing "vacant eyes, black holes, am I losing you?" Every single time I look at them. In my head, of course.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2016, 09:36:28 PM »
Everytime I think about my ex-wife...this runs through my head....

It's all about you....Not me
It's all about the things that you're expecting me to be
There's not enough time....To live
And all that you're expecting me to give

Oh hell....  I sing the whole fucking song! :lol

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2016, 09:41:54 PM »
At the time of BC&SL, I was throwing "Now wait a minute man" around left and right heh
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Agalsed

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2016, 12:46:23 PM »
At the time of BC&SL, I was throwing "Now wait a minute man" around left and right heh

That is amazing.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2016, 12:50:36 PM »
Everytime I think about my ex-wife...this runs through my head....

It's all about you....Not me
It's all about the things that you're expecting me to be
There's not enough time....To live
And all that you're expecting me to give

Oh hell....  I sing the whole fucking song! :lol

:lol

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2016, 01:36:45 AM »
When I worked at Target, I would sing "I wish we'd never be open again" as I was cleaning up the messes that people left me after closing.
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2016, 11:06:52 AM »
I wonder if any DT fans that are surfers would say if there's a great white shark lurking around; " Pull me under pull me under pull me under I'm not afraid". :eek
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2016, 08:38:45 AM »
So I hurt your feelings
Well, I'm really sorry
But, I don't give a shit...
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2016, 09:10:21 AM »
When someone gets mad at me for making a minor mistake when I'm doing them a favor I find myself singing Never Enough.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2016, 10:08:29 AM »
Everytime I masturbate until cum, I sing Disappear chorus.
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2016, 10:29:06 AM »
Way TMI.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2016, 07:44:54 PM »

WUT?? Aren't you the dude who started the "Swearing On DTF Thread?"

Way TMI.

No kidding!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2016, 11:57:17 PM »

WUT?? Aren't you the dude who started the "Swearing On DTF Thread?"

Way TMI.

No kidding!

Excuse me!
Until I eyaculate.

There you go!

On a serious point of view, every time I leave home early in the morning, I sing the UAGM verses, idk, they're so uplifting.
Jatruccyundessgini