Which team are you a member of?

Team Instinct (Yellow)
8 (25.8%)
Team Mystic (Blue)
17 (54.8%)
Team Valor (Red)
6 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Pokemon Go  (Read 9517 times)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: Pokemon Go
« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2016, 08:36:24 PM »
Clarification:

They are not "Pokespots" they are not "Pokecenters", they are "pokeSTOPs"
I figured it was a gym where they were all fighting each other. If it's not a gym, what are they doing?

Also, I've figured out it's why people will walk right the fuck into you nowadays without looking up from their damn phones. Staring at your phone has now completely supplanted keep right.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2016, 10:27:10 PM »
You say "nowadays" but I mean...that has literally been happening from day one of smart phones. Nothing new at all...in any way. Though I get your meaning.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2016, 11:04:02 PM »
You say "nowadays" but I mean...that has literally been happening from day one of smart phones. Nothing new at all...in any way. Though I get your meaning.
Those people have always been out there, but now they're massed in small areas and motivated beyond just texting their besties or whatever.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2016, 11:36:01 PM »
Indeed.

Pokemon are their besties now.

:millahhhh

RIP DTP.

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2016, 10:59:25 AM »
I recently gave away my old GameBoy Pocket & Pokémon Yellow to my 12 year old cousin. I assumed he wouldn't care about it (after all, it's probably the first black & white device he has ever used), but now that GO is getting released in my country, and most kids will be into it, he might give the GameBoy a chance. If I were him, I would show off to my friends - 'Yeah, I have one of the original Pokémon games', or something hipster-y like that.

(It just occurred to me that my cousin hadn't been born when Yellow was released. Weird!)

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2016, 11:05:53 AM »
Sorta O/T..........I gave my original Nintendo Donkey Kong (orange one from the early 80's) to my 8yo son a few weeks back - it had survived almost 40 years in mint condition and I got it back in pieces a few hours later  ::)
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2016, 11:57:45 AM »
I recently gave away my old GameBoy Pocket & Pokémon Yellow to my 12 year old cousin. I assumed he wouldn't care about it (after all, it's probably the first black & white device he has ever used), but now that GO is getting released in my country, and most kids will be into it, he might give the GameBoy a chance. If I were him, I would show off to my friends - 'Yeah, I have one of the original Pokémon games', or something hipster-y like that.

(It just occurred to me that my cousin hadn't been born when Yellow was released. Weird!)

Him and his hipster friends are just going to download the GBA Emulators and the Blue/Red roms.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2016, 04:45:20 PM »
I CAUGHT a gyrados yesterday. Not evolved one. CAUGHT one.  :hat
I don’t know what to put here anymore

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2016, 06:05:59 PM »
Him and his hipster friends are just going to download the GBA Emulators and the Blue/Red roms.
Ha, that's actually what my friends (and eventually me, to save money on batteries) did back in 2003/4. We also played Stadium 2 on a N64 emulator. Good times :)

Congratulations! What did it actually take for you to catch it? I'm curious, since I haven't played the game. Do Gyarados appear on the water, far from shores? Do you have to walk a bit into the sea/lake?

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2016, 06:08:47 PM »

Epic. What CP?
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2016, 08:37:04 PM »

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2016, 10:14:43 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/ny-parole-authorities-to-bar-sex-offenders-from-pokemon-go/2016/08/01/e92dea22-5800-11e6-8b48-0cb344221131_story.html

Is this legal? I mean, I am sure it will be made so, because Cho-mos and all, but really.

I've never been on parole, but have been under probation before, and damn if some of the hoops you have to jump through don't want to make you bash your head in to the wall.

This comment made me lol

Rapajez
12:01 PM PDT
"The Democratic governor has also sent a letter to software developer Niantic requesting help" 
-- a.k.a "Now that I decreed this, is it possible?"
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #117 on: March 02, 2017, 08:36:18 AM »

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #118 on: March 02, 2017, 09:54:16 AM »
:lol :lol

Anybody else here still playing this besides me?
Photobucket sucks.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2019, 06:45:36 PM »
Bump....

Because I’ve technically had an account for a long time...but just started to get serious a few months ago.

Only just figured out that your “buddy” is not just a place for your favorite Pokémon.  :facepalm: :loser:

Right now, my buddy is a Munchlax, but I have some other really fantastic prospects I want to get some advice on. But I need to compile a small list.

After dinner.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2019, 06:46:52 PM »
J Dude, you alright?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jammindude

« Reply #121 on: January 07, 2019, 07:06:07 PM »
J Dude, you alright?

LOL

I’m fine. Why? Did I word that poorly? Or do you ask because I’m a 50 yr old who just started playing Pokémon?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #122 on: January 07, 2019, 07:10:49 PM »
Or do you ask because I’m a 50 yr old who just started playing Pokémon?

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jammindude

« Reply #123 on: January 07, 2019, 07:17:49 PM »
Well, my kids grew up during “the craze” in the 00s. So I did what any good father should. Got in there and collected and played with them.

In the process, I found I was having fun. :angel:

Offline jammindude

« Reply #124 on: January 07, 2019, 10:55:05 PM »
Ok. Here are my best prospects to be my next "buddy"....if anyone here still plays...

I currently have a Munchlax that I'm trying to evolve to Snorlax,  but I have several other really great prospects that might be even better.

Elekid
Magby
Pupitar
Combusken
Lairon
Vibrava
Duskull
Gligar
Misdreavus
Murkrow
Hoothoot
Haunter
Doduo
Graveler
Weepinbell
Machoke
Kadabra
Psyduck
Vulpix (Ice type)
Charmeleon

These are all my non-evolved pokemon with the highest appraisals. Any thoughts on which one I should give the most attention too?

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #125 on: January 08, 2019, 06:48:32 AM »
Well, my kids grew up during “the craze” in the 00s. So I did what any good father should. Got in there and collected and played with them.

I was the same with my son.  I played original Red and Blue back when that's all there was, we watched the TV show, and he collected the cards.  I liked the card game.  It was impressively complex and detailed, yet simple enough for grade school kids.  It was by Wizards of the Coast, the same company that makes Magic: The Gathering cards.

I don't play anymore, but I won't slam anyone my age who does.  Fun is fun.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #126 on: January 08, 2019, 01:53:39 PM »
Lairon, Machoke are good ones to evolve if you want to battle in Gyms.

I stopped playing just 2 months ago. I kind of miss it
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #127 on: January 08, 2019, 04:02:12 PM »

I was the same with my son.  I played original Red and Blue back when that's all there was, we watched the TV show, and he collected the cards.  I liked the card game.  It was impressively complex and detailed, yet simple enough for grade school kids.  It was by Wizards of the Coast, the same company that makes Magic: The Gathering cards.

I don't play anymore, but I won't slam anyone my age who does.  Fun is fun.

Yeah, I was the prime age for the first generation of Gameboy games/the TV show/the card game. I lost interest after a little while, but nostalgia got me to download Pokemon Go and I've stuck with it. It's amazing how many fellow professional types I still see out playing on their lunch break or sneaking out during a quiet moment of the day. Just in my little area of Jersey City a good lunchtime raid can bring out 30-40 people easily, ranging from kids who look like they should be in school to people almost old enough to be my grandparents.

@jammindude:

Elekid- Evolves up to Electivire, which, with the move Wild Charge, is as good as non-Legendary electric types get.
Pupitar- Tyranitar is one of the overall best non-Legendary pokemon out there. Bite/Crunch makes him the best dark type attacker, and Bite/Stone Edge makes him a great rock type attacker, even without a rock quick move.
Combusken- Worth getting ready for when Torchic has his Community Day as Blast Burn Blaziken will be a monster fire type attacker (though a bit of a glass cannon). So just don't evolve your Combusken until Torchic's Community Day (which should be in May I think if the pattern holds).
Machoke- Counter/Dynamic Punch Machamp is one of the most useful Pokemon in the game, between dealing with Blissey/Chansey/Slakoth in gyms, and being the best pick against Tyranitar for L4 raids.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #128 on: January 08, 2019, 05:39:44 PM »
Very cool! Thank you!

Something about Misdreavus that I really like, so I might do that one later too.

Do people switch up buddies a lot? It seems like they have a shelf life. Like its primary purpose is to get a lot of candies for something that it’s usually difficult to find candies for.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #129 on: January 09, 2019, 04:51:32 PM »
As someone that's a fairly casual player, I've found the buddies and candies are more or less useless. For me anyway.

Me and my girlfriend have been playing together and just became "Best Friends"....100,000 experience. Holy fucking hell. I leveled up immediately and I'm at 28, 29 now lmao. Awesome. Fantastic way to level up if you're at that "wall" that starts...well, around 30.

I've had SUCH good luck with shinies. I've been playing on and off since release and never found one and then this year alone found like 10 or so during community days and then found three in the past few months during normal playtime. The shiny luck is now gone, I used all of it.

RIP DTP.