The Center of the Fire
0 (0%)
Love Reign O'er Me
4 (66.7%)
At Day's End
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: June 28, 2016, 12:50:36 PM

Author Topic: Redemption Survivor - The Art of Loss - Round 1  (Read 639 times)

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
Redemption Survivor - The Art of Loss - Round 1
« on: June 26, 2016, 12:50:36 PM »
In a tight final round for This Mortal Coil, Stronger Than Death barely ekes out a win, making it the album champion. I'm sort of fine with this, my personal favourite is still Noonday Devil, but Stronger Than Death is definitely Top 3 for me, so it's not all bad.

Let It Rain - 4
Stronger Than Death - 3

The final rankings for This Mortal Coil have been posted in the main thread.

And with that, we're on the band's newest album already. This one needed some time to grow on me, but it's definitely a great album, aside from two songs that I haven't really been able to get into - Damaged and Love Reign O'er Me. I'm voting for the latter, but if Damaged were to go out, I'd be totally fine with that as well.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Tomislav95

Re: Redemption Survivor - The Art of Loss - Round 1
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 01:23:13 PM »
At first I was thinking I won't be able to decide without another listen but then I saw Love Reign O'er Me. I adore that soon in original but I'm too fond of this version. Also, Damaged is one of my favorites :/
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Randaran

• The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 01:26:49 PM »
I didn't really care for about half of this album when it came out, but all of the tracks have grown on me. Now, I consider it tied for third with Snowfall.

I voted for the cover this round. It's a solid step below everything else on the record.
Only a prog fan would try to measure how much they enjoy a song by an equation. :lol
My anime can beat up your anime.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 11:30:42 PM »
It's a shame the polls and survivors section does not get more traffic as compared to the rest of the forum.  There are OBVIOUSLY more than 7 Redemption fans here.  Anyhow, I went with the title track.  Still hasn't really clicked with me. 

The cover may seem like an obvious choice.  But Bush really does an outstanding job and takes it to another level. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline pantsofeternity

• all ballads all the time
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 12:07:38 AM »
The cover track is too obvious but I don't consider it a proper Redemption song as such so I'm getting it out of the running.  But Bosk, I'll be with you on the title track next round.

This album took me several listens but I think it's pretty strong.  I hope there will be an obvious consensus first choice this round...
"There's no more freedom. The both of you will be confined to these pants." — me, to my legs, most mornings

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 05:49:28 AM »
This album is taking over my life... especially Slouching and the epic.....

That Golden Light

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 09:19:57 AM »
The cover track is too obvious but I don't consider it a proper Redemption song as such so I'm getting it out of the running. 

I can't fault that logic at all.  But it's just so well done that I can't vote it off yet.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."