Author Topic: Sicario *Spoiler talk at some point*  (Read 611 times)

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
Sicario *Spoiler talk at some point*
« on: June 25, 2016, 02:18:28 AM »
Jesus fucking christ this movie. What a supremely intense, fantastic story with some of the greatest scenes out of any action/espionage film in a long while. Eat your fucking heart out, Bond.

If you haven't seen the movie and like action/espionage (very little espionage in terms of the Bond variety, but when you watch it you'll get it; there's bits and pieces) and don't mind some gore and severe violence (there's actually not a whole lot of visceral gore but the violence itself is palpable), stop what you're doing and watch it now.

All you need to know is that it's about drug cartels, the US and Mexico, and how laughably pathetic the term "the war on drugs" is. That's all.

*************Spoiler talk**********************

Benicio Del Toro is the devil in this and I love it oh so much. I went into this movie knowing nothing, thinking Emily Blunt was the main character. HA! It threw me through a loop in the best way possible. It's also haunting because it's way too close to home for me and the bigger picture isn't just "not farfetched"...it's accurate. Badass antics from Del Toro aside, most of the things in this movie could've been from a crazy "Nightcrawler"-esque news reporter who wants to get in on the real action.

If you have seen it, what'd you think? How about that ending sequence with Del Toro's character and his revenge? That was the first time in any movie and probably will ever be in which I see two children and a woman killed and think nothing but "deserved". As in...for the cartel head; granted, the wife and kids were lucky in that they had quick deaths but it was deserved on the cartel head's end. I knew exactly what was going to happen when the motherfucker said "not in front of my children"...like..."Oh wow...you're really that stupid because you think that not only am I not going to kill you right here...but that they're surviving". I just didn't think they'd actually show it. Bravo. Major balls in that scene by the writers and director. Horrible. Disgusting. But from a movie standpoint, that was amazing and brilliant.

It's also got one hell of a score that is just dripping with tension and brooding in anticipation.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
Re: Sicario *Spoiler talk at some point*
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 03:05:36 AM »
I really liked Sicario. Maybe not quite as much as you, but still, a very good and suspenseful movie.

It just missed out on my 2015 top 10, which is a shame because I really wanted it on there.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 04:23:10 AM »
Definitely top3 of 2015 for me. That scene at the dinner table.. holy balls. I was literally grasping the seat so hard I thought it would break.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 07:28:04 PM »
I saw it a couple months ago. It was fine, but I wasn't really drawn into it like it sounds like th rest of you were. Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention or something because I kinda felt like I just didn't really get it.

Supposedly they're working on a sequel with Del Toro and the other guy (drawing a blank on his name for some reason) but without Emily Blunt's character.