Author Topic: Your favorite actors you love to hate.  (Read 2389 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Your favorite actors you love to hate.
« on: June 24, 2016, 07:54:22 PM »
Some actors just play the best jerk in movies. They are so good at it, it transcends movies.

My favorite is William Atherton. His Die Hard 1 & 2 and Real Genius roles are just top notch.  You love to hate him.

Give me some of the your favorite actors to hate.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline T-ski

Re: Your favorite actors you love to hate.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 08:25:30 AM »
Atherton came to mind immediately.

showing my age a bit....Dabney Coleman.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 08:28:23 AM »
Ronny Cox!
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 08:39:55 AM »
Ronny Cox!
Fuck yes. Definitely worse than any Goa'uld system lord or the Ori.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 10:13:52 AM »
Ronny Cox!
Fuck yes. Definitely worse than any Goa'uld system lord or the Ori.

Ooh, that crusty old Kinsey! He's also great in Robocop and Total Recall. Some people just have a face you can only hate.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 11:50:02 AM »
John Bernthal.

EVERY. SINGLE. MOVIE that this dude is in, he is just a cocksucking douchebag motherfucker. At the very best. Maybe I've missed a movie he's in which he plays a caring guy or some harmless dude but I have my doubts (especially since he's not that big of an actor, though growing in popularity). Granted, he's fantastic at it despite having the "samey" syndrome; he really doesn't have a whole lot of range, hence the samey roles. But he's great at it. Really makes for a great psychopath and/or just a general asshole. It never fails though. I see Bernthal pop up on screen and I'm okay "Okay, this guy isn't a good guy". Have yet to be proven wrong.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 03:17:45 PM »
Doug Hutchison who played Percy Whitmore in The Green Mile.

Also Tooms in The X Files.

His Percy Whitmore was a horrible person and it was so great when he got his comeuppance.

....Turns out he's not a nice person in reality and married a 16 year old when he was 51 !!  :o :o :o

Online Dream Team

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2016, 09:23:45 PM »
Doug Hutchison who played Percy Whitmore in The Green Mile.

Also Tooms in The X Files.

His Percy Whitmore was a horrible person and it was so great when he got his comeuppance.

....Turns out he's not a nice person in reality and married a 16 year old when he was 51 !!  :o :o :o

Great pick! Hate that guy. Total creepo.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2016, 10:34:37 PM »
He was also one of the rapists in A Time to Kill.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2016, 08:05:01 AM »
John Bernthal.

EVERY. SINGLE. MOVIE that this dude is in, he is just a cocksucking douchebag motherfucker. At the very best. Maybe I've missed a movie he's in which he plays a caring guy or some harmless dude but I have my doubts (especially since he's not that big of an actor, though growing in popularity). Granted, he's fantastic at it despite having the "samey" syndrome; he really doesn't have a whole lot of range, hence the samey roles. But he's great at it. Really makes for a great psychopath and/or just a general asshole. It never fails though. I see Bernthal pop up on screen and I'm okay "Okay, this guy isn't a good guy". Have yet to be proven wrong.
Have you seen season 2 of Daredevil?  His performance as the Punisher was stunning.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 09:29:04 AM »
John Bernthal.

Have you seen season 2 of Daredevil?  His performance as the Punisher was stunning.
He was the best part of season 2, no doubt.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 09:39:52 AM »
Brian Cox.

This guy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Cox_(actor)), not this guy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Cox_(physicist))  :biggrin:

He always seems to play a baddie. Probably most memorable for the Bourne movies.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 11:14:37 AM »
My favorite is William Atherton. His Die Hard 1 & 2 and Real Genius roles are just top notch.  You love to hate him.

Don't forget he was Walter Peck, the EPA guy (a.k.a. "Dickless") in Ghostbusters.

I nominate Paul Gleason, who was also a clueless official guy in Die Hard, and the vice principal in charge of The Breakfast Club.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2016, 12:41:35 PM »
I nominate Paul Gleason, who was also a clueless official guy in Die Hard, and the vice principal in charge of The Breakfast Club.

My first thought was this guy, he was really the lynchpin of Breakfast Club. If you don't buy in to his character, the film doesn't work, and he was great in that role. Then I looked at his credits and he really hasn't been a hate-able character many times. That Breakfast Club one just really stands out to me so I associate him with portraying an a-hole.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2016, 01:12:58 PM »
Yeah, both he and Dickless were in Die Hard, so I kinduv associate them together, plus he was Vernon in The Breakfast Club, thus cementing his spot in my mind as an asshole character actor, but that's really all he's done.  Atherton and most of the others in this thread were known for being asshole characters.  When you're casting a movie and need a total douchebag, who ya gonna call?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2016, 01:25:11 PM »

Don't forget he was Walter Peck, the EPA guy (a.k.a. "Dickless") in Ghostbusters.

Absolutely.  he is right up there.  He makes you call his character a dick. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2016, 08:14:56 PM »
Paul Gleason also played a bad dude and total dick in Trading Places, although you couldn't help but feel a little bad for his character's fate in that one. :eek :eek :eek

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2016, 08:41:44 PM »
Holy crap!  I never realized that he was Clarence Beeks!  I mean, it's obvious now, but I never considered who the actor actually was.  To me, he was always just Clarence Beeks.  And yeah, he got what he deserved, in the end.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2016, 08:46:20 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol

:tup :tup

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2016, 08:51:50 PM »
... so to speak. ;)

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2016, 07:11:22 AM »
lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2016, 05:42:44 AM »
He was also one of the rapists in A Time to Kill.

Good call on that one. I completely forgot about that role.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2016, 07:28:49 PM »
I had a super hard time answering this question, so I just didn't.

Then I was browsing my nerd news and saw that Tom Felton is joining The Flash season 3.

Tom Felton.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2016, 09:18:31 PM »
Yeah, that permanent sneer of his, just makes you wanna slam his face with something really hard.

Online Adami

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2016, 09:21:05 PM »
Yeah, that permanent sneer of his, just makes you wanna slam his face with something really hard.

The first thing I saw him was the Planet of the Apes movie where he purposefully hurts animals.

I don't care if he plays the kindest human being in the world in every movie from now on, there's no coming back from that being a first impression.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2016, 09:28:33 PM »
You never saw any of the Harry Potter movies?  Good for you!  Sad that your intro to Felton was through an otherwise decent movie.  Potter fans have gotten to hate him for like 10 more years than non-Potter fans.

Online Adami

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2016, 09:29:42 PM »
You never saw any of the Harry Potter movies?  Good for you!  Sad that your intro to Felton was through an otherwise decent movie.  Potter fans have gotten to hate him for like 10 more years than non-Potter fans.

I saw them earlier this year. I saw him torturing animals 5 years ago. He hasn't done a single thing (career wise) to change how I see him.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2016, 09:44:18 PM »
The lead guy from 24, the lead guy from Homeland and Jason Patric, all three of them invoke the same unique level of "pffft" for me.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2016, 04:24:00 AM »
Tom Felton is also on a TV show called Murder In The First.  Good call Adami.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2016, 07:02:01 AM »

I saw them earlier this year. I saw him torturing animals 5 years ago. He hasn't done a single thing (career wise) to change how I see him.

And you probably won't.  He's gonna be one of those guys.