Author Topic: Westworld  (Read 74452 times)

Offline MirrorMask

Re: Westworld
« Reply #525 on: May 20, 2019, 03:19:03 PM »
Filler as in "We stop to follow all the other characters and we focus on a secondary one". Bottle episode if you will, but you can hardly define the vastity of Westworld an enclosed set. It was a twisted compliment  ;)
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #526 on: May 20, 2019, 03:28:08 PM »
Rabble rabble rabble!!  :loser:  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #527 on: May 20, 2019, 03:37:16 PM »
Filler as in "We stop to follow all the other characters and we focus on a secondary one". Bottle episode if you will, but you can hardly define the vastity of Westworld an enclosed set. It was a twisted compliment  ;)
Well.

Alright then.

Good save. :P

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #528 on: November 02, 2019, 11:13:28 PM »
bump.

some details about Season 3 of Westworld.

Anthony Hopkins and Jimmi Simpson are gone  :tdwn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieXQfSF1-5g

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #529 on: November 03, 2019, 03:03:21 AM »
Well, their characters respectively died and aged, it's understable. We were already lucky to get Anthony Hopkins back for season 2.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #530 on: January 10, 2020, 07:39:49 AM »
I had some downtime the last few nights and re-watched the second season in anticipation of season three this spring.

Having forgotten basically everything that happened in season two, a lot of the re-watch was like I was watching it for the first time. I made a conscious effort not to be sidetracked by my phone or anything else while I was watching so I could really pay attention. I think season 2 was actually really great. It seemed to make a lot more sense this time around and was really well done. The jumping around the timeline threw me for a loop a few times, still, but it all ended up making sense in the end

Charlotte's death was an interesting one. I'm curious what happened to her body. I don't think we're going to see much of the parks in season three, but part of me wonders if someone is going to find her body in that lab and put two and two together, realizing it couldn't have been her that got in the boat at the end. Is the company going to be aware that there's a host out in the wild?

I hope season 3 isn't purely following Dolores around the real world. I'm assuming the company is going to try and hunt her down knowing she's got all their IP, and Aaron Paul's new character is going to try and protect her, or turn on her because he wants to cash in.

One thing I was confused about at the end though... Did Dolores recreate Bernard solely off memory? That's what it sounded like. I don't think she had his brain sphere with his data on it. I'm wondering what that means going into season three. Could Bernard bring back Elsie in a similar fashion?

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #531 on: January 10, 2020, 07:47:05 AM »
I've seen it quite some months ago and the show was  complex as hell, so let's just take a shortcut and let's go on Reddit instead:

https://www.reddit.com/r/westworld/comments/982gj9/if_the_nowfree_bernard_was_created_from_dolores/

Looks like it wasn't a blank pearl and Dolores just rebuilt his body.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #532 on: January 10, 2020, 09:22:09 AM »
Got to be honest, I'm hardly interested in watching season 3

Offline faizoff

« Reply #533 on: January 10, 2020, 09:48:09 AM »
I loved season 2 to be honest, I don't mind the convoluted storylines. There are shows that I never watch while distracted and WestWorld is one of them.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #534 on: January 10, 2020, 10:07:19 AM »
Got to be honest, I'm hardly interested in watching season 3

Yeah me too, zero interest.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #535 on: January 10, 2020, 10:42:54 AM »
I think a lot of people feel similarly, which sucks for HBO because they were banking on this being the next GOT.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #536 on: January 10, 2020, 11:45:53 AM »
Totally different shows, but Mr. Robot had a first season that was firing on all cylinders and was critically acclaimed, while the second was more cerebral, convoluted and requiring a lot of patience. Then season 3 was all kind of awesome and was beyond fantastic. Maybe Westworld's season 3 will follow a similar path and be as great as season 1. Crossed fingers!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #537 on: January 10, 2020, 11:52:59 AM »
I thought season 2 was utterly fantastic and there are at least 3 episodes that do an exceptional job demonstrating why (I'm thinking specifically of episode 4 and the last 2 episodes). It was a little lopsided and disjointed like devoting an entire episode to Akecheta but I thought the plot was really good and makes for exciting re-watches.

I don't like Maeve though. I hate her god-mode powers and just... something about her character in general really annoys and bothers me. I don't like her. The actress is remarkable, but ugh.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #538 on: January 10, 2020, 01:05:48 PM »
I didn't hate season 2 or anything, but the storyline is just gotten too convaluted that I don't want to put in the effort to make sense of it all again.  It's good acting and definitely interesting larger story which makes me want to watch still, but overall I watch less TV than I used to so I may watch but it may depend on my schedule too and reviews from others.  It's just not a must watch like I felt going into season 2.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #540 on: January 13, 2020, 03:19:38 PM »
https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/12/21063130/westworld-season-three-premiere-date-teaser-trailer-dolores-man-black-maeve-blade-runner

YESSS!!! I was so afraid it wouldn't start until the second half of 2020. Better Call Saul in Feb and Westworld in March... can't wait!

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #541 on: March 11, 2020, 11:41:07 AM »
season premiere is Sunday.

Hype!  :D

is Aaron Paul's character a Host?

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #542 on: March 13, 2020, 05:25:59 PM »
I have no idea but I can't wait to find out! I am SO excited for this. Just resubbed to HBO. Think I'll watch my favorite episode of season 2, which is episode 4 (the first time we see the test for fidelity on Delos). Then I need to binge The Righteous Gemstones before Sunday :)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #543 on: March 13, 2020, 05:32:31 PM »
Hope they don't try to one up themselves with confusing non-linear story telling. It worked well in season 1, it was a bit much in season 2. Hoping season 3 isn't confusing for the sake of it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #544 on: March 15, 2020, 09:19:09 AM »
Hope they don't try to one up themselves with confusing non-linear story telling. It worked well in season 1, it was a bit much in season 2. Hoping season 3 isn't confusing for the sake of it.

I read something recently that implied the storytelling would be more coherent, so fingers crossed. I really dug what they did with it, but I understand the frustration a lot of people had with it. However I also heard Aaron Paul and Rachel Evan Wood say this season is 'way bigger' than either of the previous seasons, which... damn. That's big. I'm already getting sad about the inevitable 2 year wait for season 4 though.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #545 on: March 15, 2020, 09:44:18 PM »
Oh man... This shit is on fire, what a first episode...

Also, there's a post credit scene that is :o

Online Adami

« Reply #546 on: March 15, 2020, 09:45:45 PM »
Oh man... This shit is on fire, what a first episode...

Also, there's a post credit scene that is :o

Thanks for the warning! I usually don't even think to wait for post credits scenes for most shows (except Rick & Morty) so now I won't miss it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #547 on: March 16, 2020, 05:53:52 AM »
Neither did I, I was looking for the behind the scenes stuff.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #548 on: March 16, 2020, 06:29:57 AM »
Thanks for the tip, RJ. I had to go back and watch it. I never sit through the credits.

I thought it was a pretty good opener. Looking forward to where this is heading.

I'm confused though. We're seeing both Charlotte and Dolores. Charlotte died in season two and Dolores took her form. Is the one we're seeing now a host created by Dolores, or is that still Dolores and the Dolores we're seeing a new host? (That question might not have made any sense)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #549 on: March 16, 2020, 06:49:21 AM »
I couldn't watch the episode. Tuned in at 8 and it buffered and lagged every 3 seconds. 2 hours later still did it. I got 20 minutes in but couldn't pay attention to anything. Sigh. Try again tonight.

Edit: STILL buffering. It's okay, I watched it elsewhere. Man I love this show. What an opener. Stoked for what's to come. So happy the next 2.5 months are an escape into this universe.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 05:21:05 PM by Kattelox »

Online Adami

« Reply #550 on: March 17, 2020, 07:44:18 AM »
Very interesting episode. Not sure how I completely feel about it, but we'll see how it goes.

It's definitely a lot of mysteries, which I'm not overly keen on (the abundance of them) but the characters are mostly very well done, which is keeping me tuned in, plus I love Aaron Paul.

Hopefully next week clarifies at least some of the mysteries. I'd prefer the focus be on character based stories, rather than just waiting to see who is really in Charlotte's body, or what is going on with Bernard or who runs the big ball brain thing, etc. Those are fun, but you got great characters and the focus, I hope, stays there.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #551 on: March 17, 2020, 08:05:02 AM »
who is really in Charlotte's body

Finding out who those five she brought with her and where she put them will be fun to see. I dug the first episode. Pretty interesting sub set of the 'underworld' society they created with the 'crime on demand' app where I guess you can pick the level of crime you want to get paid for?

Anyway....the production as usual was top notch....and although it's only one episode the story seemed a bit less convoluted but I'm sure that'll change.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #552 on: March 17, 2020, 08:10:08 AM »
There were some really corny things about their portrayal of LA in 2058, like the background of that video game job-style crime app. "You made money, motherfuckers" with what appears to be a woman in a sexy get-up and men behind her?  :lol

I would love to know how much that one episode cost to make, because it looked better than a lot of movies.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #553 on: March 17, 2020, 08:58:29 AM »
There were some really corny things about their portrayal of LA in 2058, like the background of that video game job-style crime app. "You made money, motherfuckers" with what appears to be a woman in a sexy get-up and men behind her?  :lol

I would love to know how much that one episode cost to make, because it looked better than a lot of movies.

I remember reading that the pilot of Westworld cost more than the GOT Season 7 finale.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #554 on: March 17, 2020, 09:18:51 AM »

I remember reading that the pilot of Westworld cost more than the GOT Season 7 finale.

Holy schnikes!

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #555 on: March 22, 2020, 10:44:01 PM »
Solid episode 2. I’m liking the ‘straight forward’ manner of storytelling thus far. It’s a welcome relief after navigating two seasons of over the top shell games and disguised time jumps.

I’m sure there will still be some of that.....but thus far I’m enjoying the face value nature of the season.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #556 on: March 23, 2020, 10:52:25 AM »
So for some reason HBO Now just sucks at my place. I have literally zero issues streaming video from anywhere else online that I go to (other streaming sites, news sites, YouTube, shadier places of questionable legality etc.) and yet despite trying 4 browsers, clearing all sorts of useless things on my laptop, and triple checking my Internet connection and speeds, HBO Now will stutter/buffer ever 2-3 seconds. There is no option to change the streaming quality either so I am stuck with the buffering. Even watching The Righteous Gemstones yesterday at noon, it was buffering. I don't know why I pay $15/mo for HBO Now when I can't even watch the content. This only started a month or so ago, so it has to be on HBO's end. All that to say I didn't get to watch the episode last night and only just now finished it at my work computer, which had not even a half-second of lag for the entire episode. Same ISP and everything, and I tend to have more problems with the Internet over here than at home. So, technology confuses me.

*exhale*

Episode 2 rocked. I loved watching Maeve this episode, and she's not a character I care much about. It was really interesting to see the visual distortions of The Forge like they're in some kind of Matrix-style simulation. Stubbs' acting as a critically damaged host impressed me, like when I was watching Bernard have his episodes in season 2. But what a dark, grim picture it paints of Delos in the aftermath of season 2. Wow.

Didn't catch the preview for episode 3 but I imagine we'll be back to Caleb and Dolores.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #557 on: March 23, 2020, 11:05:05 AM »
@Kattleox: I have that exact same issue, but with Disney+. Every other streaming service in my house works great on a number of devices, and I have 150MBPS coming into the house. Without fail, Disney+ always fucks up.

As for episode 2. I liked it. I'm curious to see where this goes. I have a hard time believing that Maeve and Dolores aren't eventually just going to team up.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #558 on: March 23, 2020, 11:21:32 AM »
I have a hard time believing that Maeve and Dolores aren't eventually just going to team up.

Yep. I can't imagine what that dude could offer Maeve that she ultimately can't achieve on her own....or that would keep her interested in killing 'one of her own'.

For all we know she and Dolores are working together already.

Any speculation as to 'who' the other four people that Dolores saved are? We know one was Bernard. 

I think Clementine is probably who she put in Charlotte's body
I think the 'real' Hector is who she put in that body Guard's body.

Since the ending of S2 when William found out he was a host looked to be set in the future....perhaps she brought William's core back and she re-animates him and this is just part of him not really knowing he's a bot?

Armistice could be one. She is a 'soldier' that could come in handy.

Who know's though? I suppose we will find out.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #559 on: March 23, 2020, 11:28:34 AM »
Doesn't she have Teddy in her ball sack too? For some reason I thought she had Ford somehow as well. I think the bodyguard is legit only because I think Bernard would have noticed if it wasn't him when he was updating his primary function.