Author Topic: Westworld  (Read 73921 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Westworld
« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2016, 08:11:51 AM »
The most recent episodes was one of my favorites thus far. Great all around. When Bernard went down to the old facilities, that alternate logo was next to the login screen... Definitely starting to look like William and Logan are in the past.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2016, 08:19:08 AM »
The most recent episodes was one of my favorites thus far. Great all around. When Bernard went down to the old facilities, that alternate logo was next to the login screen... Definitely starting to look like William and Logan are in the past.

There's some creepy stuff going on down in the lower level. The thing is....the Dad that Walter ran into that he called 'Arnold' looks identical to the picture of Arnold that Ford shared with him. So Ford is lying about something. Either that wasn't a picture of Arnold, or he's fabricating the entire Arnold backstory??
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2016, 10:00:53 AM »

There's some creepy stuff going on down in the lower level. The thing is....the Dad that Walter ran into that he called 'Arnold' looks identical to the picture of Arnold that Ford shared with him. So Ford is lying about something. Either that wasn't a picture of Arnold, or he's fabricating the entire Arnold backstory??

Definitely the same guy.

I don't think Ford is "lying". I'm starting to think he's a host who believes he's a human creating these fake beings. The entire intro of the show is dedicated to the idea of artificial life creating more artificial life, and I think that might be exactly what we're seeing.

I don't know what to think about Arnold. Unless Arnold is Ford's father, that's not him in that photograph. Though, I don't think Ford specifically said that was Arnold. We may have just inferred it based on the conversation being had at the time. I bet we find out that Arnold exists in all things within westworld. He uploaded himself into the world and has hard coded himself every host, and he can hop between them and do whatever he chooses.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2016, 10:49:24 AM »
Interesting theory on Ford. It very well could be he's AI. Certainly there's more than meets the eye with him as his behavior is very suspect.

There's an interesting theory out there that Ford updated Teddy when he and the MIB met at the cantina to be an 'adversary' to the MIB (that was the name of the episode) and that Teddy is trying to lead the MIB away from the maze. The MIB did ask Ford if he's finally created and adversary worthy of him....meaning Wyatt, but....what if it is Teddy in almost an undercover role?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2016, 10:58:45 AM »
Ever been here? I just discovered it for the first time.

https://discoverwestworld.com/#

6B in the Terms of Delos Destinations is interesting.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2016, 11:09:11 AM »
Ever been here? I just discovered it for the first time.

https://discoverwestworld.com/#

6B in the Terms of Delos Destinations is interesting.

Just checked it out and realized that's not something I need to do right now...you know, being at work and all.   :lol  that looks awesome and like you could spend some time there. Gonna re-visit this later. Thanks for the link!!  :tup

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2016, 11:59:12 AM »
Saw a new theory today that the Westworld show is in some way a sequel to the original film.  Interesting.  Especially since the original Yul Brynner character from the original was, in fact, briefly glimpsed on the most recent episode.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2016, 12:16:18 PM »
Saw a new theory today that the Westworld show is in some way a sequel to the original film.  Interesting.  Especially since the original Yul Brynner character from the original was, in fact, briefly glimpsed on the most recent episode.

Will anything in this show be potentially spoiled by watching the movie? I really want to see it.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2016, 12:35:17 PM »

Will anything in this show be potentially spoiled by watching the movie? I really want to see it.
I don't think so.  After all, it's been out since the 70s.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2016, 12:39:55 PM »

I don't think so.  After all, it's been out since the 70s.

Yeah I know. I just wasn't sure what the similarities were outside of the overarching concept of the park. If we find out at the end of the movie who Arnold is or what the maze is, I have no desire to watch it until the show wraps up.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #115 on: November 08, 2016, 04:10:56 PM »
I think the series is a re-imagining or even a sequel to the movie. I could swear I could see Yul Brynner's silhouette in the background in one of the scenes of the last episode.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #116 on: November 08, 2016, 04:40:24 PM »
I think the series is a re-imagining or even a sequel to the movie. I could swear I could see Yul Brynner's silhouette in the background in one of the scenes of the last episode.

You did. And it was intentional. Question is was it just a 'shout out' or nod to the original show or a clue as to if we are seeing a direct sequel

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2016, 06:23:43 AM »
So the original movie won't spoil the show if I watch it?

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2016, 06:43:15 AM »

I'm not sure and am not gonna risk it.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2016, 01:03:25 PM »
I don't think so.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #120 on: November 10, 2016, 01:16:48 AM »
No, I seriously don't think the movie holds any spoilers. I'd have to think back pretty far for this, but I just remember it being pretty damn slow. As a reference point it's pretty interesting though.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #121 on: November 10, 2016, 04:55:56 AM »

You did. And it was intentional. Question is was it just a 'shout out' or nod to the original show or a clue as to if we are seeing a direct sequel

I missed that. Where and when?

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #122 on: November 10, 2016, 05:28:29 AM »
When Bernard goes 'downstairs'.

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #123 on: November 10, 2016, 06:15:22 PM »
Question is was it just a 'shout out' or nod to the original show or a clue as to if we are seeing a direct sequel

It's a nod, nothing more. Nolan and Joy do a weekly interview with EW following each episode and Nolan explicitly states this.

Offline adace

« Reply #124 on: November 11, 2016, 12:58:38 AM »
Just started watching this show and it's pretty awesome. Can't wait to see what happens next!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #125 on: November 11, 2016, 06:06:10 AM »
Got back to the US last night where I could finally watch my HBO and really really liked that episode.  Definitely got a lot more story into whats going on with the people working at Westworld.  That whole sequence where Maeve watches the computer as she "thinks" and it gets hung was awesome.  Then of course the insight into Ford and his old robot family in the park... and yea something is not right with him, some good theories there.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #126 on: November 13, 2016, 07:57:56 PM »
Well, that took a turn.

Online faizoff

« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2016, 08:01:44 PM »
Holy fucking shit!
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2016, 03:37:27 AM »
WOW.  :omg:

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2016, 09:14:29 AM »
Pretty anxious to watch this episode....haven't had a chance yet but judging from the last couple comments I need to do so ASAP!!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2016, 09:15:02 AM »
What a shock at the end!  Great episode. 

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2016, 10:28:58 AM »
Definitely a cool end to this week's episode. I can't say I was shocked per se, I'd heard that theory bandied about a while back and then I took some of the earlier scenes in the episode to be intentional misdirection.
Photobucket sucks.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2016, 12:20:10 PM »
And it has been renewed for a 2nd season!  :metal

Online faizoff

« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2016, 12:28:49 PM »
Happy that it got renewed for a 2nd season, if it's true that they're coming back in 2018 then it's going to be a long fricking wait.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #134 on: November 14, 2016, 03:33:28 PM »
Now that's what I call an episode, or atleast a fresh twist!  :metal
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2016, 10:17:28 PM »
Very cool episode. Ford is so many steps ahead of everyone. I keep thinking that he will slip up somehow but he remains unstoppable.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #136 on: November 15, 2016, 05:52:16 AM »
Well, roll me over and fuck me sideways. Best episodes of the series so far. Hands down. That final five minutes opened up so many possibilities. Who knows how many people on the inside Ford has doing his bidding.

If you go here https://discoverwestworld.com/# and read 6B in the Terms of Delos Destinations....

"once you enter Westword, the company controls the rights to and remains the sole owner of, in perpetuity: all skin cells, bodily fluids, secretions, excretions, hair samples, saliva, sweat, blood, and any other bodily functions not listed here. What’s more, it reserves the right to use this property in any way, shape, or form in which the entity sees fit.

If I were a betting man, I would say that Ford got saliva or vaginal juices from Theresa off of Bernard after one of their sexual encounters. That host that was printing in Ford's basement lab after Bernard killed Theresa is going to be a copy of Theresa. She'll go back to doing her thing and no one that works at or for Westworld will notice. Ford said he needed a blood sacrifice. He's probably going to use real Theresa's blood in the host so she can still pass any kind of biometric security Westworld is likely to have. And Bernard made a comment a few episodes back to Theresa about  the specific ways her faced moved when she was angry and trying not to show it. Ford is getting info on every little nuance she has in preparation for her replacement.

Also, Hector being a sex slave to humans overseeing Westworld is an awesome way to hear all kinds of 'closed door' conversations, just like the one we saw. Fucking genius.

One thing I'm still a little confused on, why do the workers sometimes wear suits when entering the world and sometimes not? When they froze the park mid-day in the most recent episode, the employees were dressed head to toe in those suits when they removed Clementine. Also, just occurred to me that just prior to that, she said something like "get out of the desert and go some place cold". My guess is cold storage isn't what she had in mind. And to piggyback this scene a bit, Mauve didn't freeze when all the other hosts did. Strange.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 06:34:23 AM by Chino »

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: November 15, 2016, 08:13:58 AM »
I thought the same thing, that Ford is creating a Theresa host. Which like you mention Brian, leaves to question how many employees are actually hosts that Ford has swapped out?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #138 on: November 15, 2016, 08:28:05 AM »
I thought the same thing, that Ford is creating a Theresa host. Which like you mention Brian, leaves to question how many employees are actually hosts that Ford has swapped out?

Is Bernard modeled after Arnold?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #139 on: November 15, 2016, 08:31:15 AM »

Is Bernard modeled after Arnold?

He might be a mirror image of him.