Author Topic: Westworld  (Read 73902 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Westworld
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2016, 06:40:36 AM »
I'm starting to think that William and the Man in Black are the same person. They've never established that they are there at the same time. The deliberate choice William made and attention they paid to him picking a hat color. How intimate William and Delores are getting and the suggestion from MIB to Delores they once were.

Could be a neat curveball.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2016, 12:53:25 PM »
Really good episode. I especially liked the scene between Hopkins and that lady at the country house restaurant thing.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2016, 01:10:27 PM »
Really good episode. I especially liked the scene between Hopkins and that lady at the country house restaurant thing.

That was an awesome scene. Hopkins is classic Hopkins in this....such a great actor.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2016, 01:24:40 PM »
Best show on HBO

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2016, 01:52:06 PM »

That was an awesome scene. Hopkins is classic Hopkins in this....such a great actor.

Agreed.  His acting in that scene was AMAZING.

Also, loved that episode.

So the maze leads to a game in Westworld where you can die.  It appears Arnold created this game and might have died while playing it?

Also, the motives of everyone are starting to peel open, but slowly. 

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2016, 01:55:54 PM »
So this show is worth my time?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2016, 02:13:28 PM »

yes

Looks like Blob might be the only one in this thread who would say no.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2016, 03:09:26 PM »
Yup. So far, anyway.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2016, 03:10:43 PM »
Unless you are Australian.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2016, 04:10:58 PM »

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2016, 07:09:24 PM »
 :lol

Right, starting now...

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2016, 08:15:04 PM »
I'm starting to think that William and the Man in Black are the same person. They've never established that they are there at the same time. The deliberate choice William made and attention they paid to him picking a hat color. How intimate William and Delores are getting and the suggestion from MIB to Delores they once were.

Could be a neat curveball.

The Head Security/Maintenance guy has declared that MiB "gets whatever he wants", as well as okaying the charges, and also checked in on Delores when she's on the bounty hunt with William.

And I'm a little confused. Wyatt seemed to be a new conception of Ford's and part of his new narrative. We saw him upload the back story to Teddy. When MiB finds the Snake Woman, she said the head of the sneak is Wyatt. MiB takes that as the clue he was searching for, which would mean that the girl that sent him down the Blood Arroyo also knew about Wyatt, and he's somehow connected to the maze. Ford said that his new narrative was original, and not a retrospective. Is Wyatt a new host, or does he have a deeper connection to the park?

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2016, 09:49:59 PM »
Solid first episode, I'm in.

I'll come back to the conversation when I'm caught up.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2016, 05:47:40 AM »
The last episode was my favorite of the season by far. I'm wondering if the gods of the underworld story that the native's have was created by them or planted by Ford.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2016, 08:12:24 AM »
The Head Security/Maintenance guy has declared that MiB "gets whatever he wants", as well as okaying the charges, and also checked in on Delores when she's on the bounty hunt with William.

Yeah...true. I guess the only way my theory would work would be is if those employees are hosts as well?

And I'm a little confused. Wyatt seemed to be a new conception of Ford's and part of his new narrative. We saw him upload the back story to Teddy. When MiB finds the Snake Woman, she said the head of the sneak is Wyatt. MiB takes that as the clue he was searching for, which would mean that the girl that sent him down the Blood Arroyo also knew about Wyatt, and he's somehow connected to the maze. Ford said that his new narrative was original, and not a retrospective. Is Wyatt a new host, or does he have a deeper connection to the park?

Maybe Wyatt has always been a part of the park and Ford just dolls out the knowledge of his existence to certain hosts when the 'story' calls for it?

Offline faizoff

« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2016, 10:07:41 AM »
Holy shit what an amazing episode the last one was! Definitely my favorite so far, this show keeps getting better and better. Still not delving into all the theories, keeping out of all that and enjoying the crap out of each episode for now.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2016, 12:05:33 PM »
Yea really enjoyed that episode as well.  The inclusion of maybe corporate espionage is interesting. 

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2016, 05:50:03 AM »
Another really solid episode this week. The church we saw bunch of in the background is throwing me for a loop, as well as Lawrence being in a completely different role. It's really starting to look like we're seeing two different story/timelines. I know this has been floated a bunch, but last episode was the most convincing reason IMO.

I also think that Dolores had a large role in Arnold's death based on the interaction that she and Ford had. I'm thinking Bill (old drinking buddy in storage) was Ford's best attempt at a host, and Dolores was Arnold's.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2016, 07:33:15 AM »
It's really starting to look like we're seeing two different story/timelines. I know this has been floated a bunch, but last episode was the most convincing reason IMO.

I also think that Dolores had a large role in Arnold's death based on the interaction that she and Ford had. I'm thinking Bill (old drinking buddy in storage) was Ford's best attempt at a host, and Dolores was Arnold's.

Yeah....I know there are some continuity issues as far as some of the workers referencing both timelines...but that could be explained away by the workers simply being hosts. This episode seemed to lend more suspicion that the two stories we are seeing are years apart.

Dolores is clearly 'the' connection to everything that's going on but it's tough to pinpoint exactly just yet....and that's pretty cool that it keeps us guessing in a good, constructive way. Not a WTF or WHY way..

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2016, 07:54:56 AM »
It's really starting to look like we're seeing two different story/timelines. I know this has been floated a bunch, but last episode was the most convincing reason IMO.

Good article on that theory.....if you're not into Fan Theory type talk then don't read....

https://collider.com/westworld-man-in-black-theory-explained/#dolores

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2016, 10:06:53 AM »
I didn't read the fan theory, but I also got the impression that the events are sperate timelines. But, there's a couple problems with that. Mainly, the head Security guy Ashley (he's a Hemsworth), who has done nothing but talk about how the hosts can't be fully trusted, it's only one line of code that stops them from killing people, stuff like that. Highly unlikely he is a host.

And then there's the Delores story. She's obviously changing before and while on this quest with William. But, is that happening at the same time as her meetings with Bernard, and now Ford? It seems unlikely that she could have changed that much in the past, and then again in the current. Plus, there's the Ashley connection, where he referenced MiB and Delores while she was with William.

As for Lawrence, the last we see him with MiB, he's left hanging upside down and the kid is told that someone will be along shortly for him. Maybe he was cleaned up, and put back out at the starting point of his narrative. Maybe MiB saved him from the noose at a point further along in Lawrence's narrative.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2016, 11:17:57 AM »
I hate people.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/11/01/westworlds-four-minute-orgy-scene-leaves-some-viewers-outraged.html

That scene was nothing compared to countless other scenes from countless other shows....it was actually 'tame' IMO. I don't get it...yet I do. People are offended by any and everything these days as if there is such a thing as a right not to be offended.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2016, 11:28:16 AM »
If they're offended why are they watching HBO? And I agree it was tame and was only supposed to be a background to the character stories. It wasn't Caligula.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2016, 11:29:29 AM »
I hate people.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/11/01/westworlds-four-minute-orgy-scene-leaves-some-viewers-outraged.html

That scene was nothing compared to countless other scenes from countless other shows....it was actually 'tame' IMO. I don't get it...yet I do. People are offended by any and everything these days as if there is such a thing as a right not to be offended.

That scene didn't even phase me. Like it didn't even register as an orgy until I read this article. The stairwell rape seen in The Sopranos (also HBO) was significantly more uncomfortable and harder to watch than anything on WW so far.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2016, 11:37:16 AM »
I hate people.

That scene didn't even phase me. Like it didn't even register as an orgy until I read this article. The stairwell rape seen in The Sopranos (also HBO) was significantly more uncomfortable and harder to watch than anything on WW so far.

Ramsay raping Sansa in GOT....or, any GOT sex scene.....you could cite ten examples that were way more explicit from GOT's alone. It's just something to complain about. Like the people that were complaining about TWD and the brutality of Negan's kills. It's not as if that was a big surprise..EVERYONE tuned in to see who's brain Negan was going to bash to bits.

This culture and this country are on my last nerve....

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2016, 11:37:51 AM »
I hate people.

I had read about this scene a long time ago as some news broke about the casting calls for it and it seemed like it was going to be way worse than it actually was.  I think the Starz show Spartacus was way worse, plus I don't think it was anything out of the ordinary for HBO. 

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2016, 02:15:14 AM »
Fantastic episode again, btw.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2016, 07:45:07 AM »
Another great episode.

I'm not yet convinced about the two timelines, at least not two timelines as far apart from each other as in most theories I've seen.  We'll see.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2016, 12:35:47 PM »
Another great episode.

I'm not yet convinced about the two timelines, at least not two timelines as far apart from each other as in most theories I've seen.  We'll see.

I'm not sold nor can I deny them just yet.  I think it's interesting to think about.  I love how this show is just slowly developing.  Half way through the season and I still feel like there is so much to uncover.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2016, 12:44:49 PM »
What was the significance of the scene with the novice coder and the bird? They spent a good couple of minutes focussed on that. Only thing I can think of is that the bird attacked a human outside of a narrative.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2016, 12:47:41 PM »
What was the significance of the scene with the novice coder and the bird? They spent a good couple of minutes focussed on that. Only thing I can think of is that the bird attacked a human outside of a narrative.

That and it seems that novice coder is getting the idea that something is wrong too.  He knows he put the prostitute host into sleep and she didnt stay asleep.  The other guy doesn't believe him, but Im guessing this guy may make a discovery since he knows something is up.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2016, 01:42:38 PM »
Another great episode.

I'm not sold nor can I deny them just yet.  I think it's interesting to think about.  I love how this show is just slowly developing.  Half way through the season and I still feel like there is so much to uncover.

Watch this explanation of the dual timeline theory and you'll be more convinced than ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLli7Gc1ZBU

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2016, 02:23:20 PM »
Another great episode.

Watch this explanation of the dual timeline theory and you'll be more convinced than ever:

Wow yea the logo changing is a huge sign that I didn't notice.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2016, 02:41:07 PM »
Another great episode.

Wow yea the logo changing is a huge sign that I didn't notice.

The logo change and the consequence of getting shot by a host is pretty compelling evidence....well, and everything else they talk about  :lol