Author Topic: The Ask twosuitsluke Thread  (Read 110068 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: The Ask jingle.boy Thread
« Reply #1470 on: March 21, 2017, 06:31:08 PM »
Hypothetical: you have to move to the United States but can pick any State/City to live in. Where do you go?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #1471 on: March 21, 2017, 08:59:09 PM »
Have you tried growing your hair back or just gluing the hair from your ass on your head?  :-*

Never.  I was 22 the first time someone mentioned I was thinning.  It was a pal of mine in University.  Then, years later, a girl I was dating mentioned it to me - it was on the final weekend we were dating... we were at her family cottage for a weekend with a bunch of friends that had been planned for a while, so even though we knew it was over between us, we were kinda committed to go.  I was picking something up and she said "You know, you're going bald".  I turned and looked at her and said "You know, your ass is getting big".

:lol 

Bitches are so observant. They know how to twist the knife.

Yeah, but great comeback.

Indeed.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1472 on: March 22, 2017, 06:44:35 AM »
Hypothetical: you have to move to the United States but can pick any State/City to live in. Where do you go?

I'd wish for it to be the Bay area, but it's to damned expensive down there.  Mrs. Jingle loves it there, as do I.  I haven't been able to 'stay' and experience too many places in the US.  Somewhere down the mid-atlantic states would probably be nice.  Or maybe I could live in Montana, marry a round American woman, and raise rabbits.

Do you speak English Canadian?

Maybe if you make the time to meetup next time I'm in beantown, you'll find out.  :neverusethis:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1473 on: March 22, 2017, 06:51:04 AM »
Have you ever been to Seven Lives Tacos y Mariscos in Kensington Market?  I had my first ever fish taco there and it was damn near a religious experience.

Nah... getting down to Kensington Market (or right downtown to St. Lawrence Market) just ain't convenient at all.  With no traffic, it would be at least 45 minutes to get into that part of the city.  Great food exists all over the place.  I do try and go to hole-in-the-wall places whenever I can, as they always have the best food.

This place is definitely hole-in-the-wall and not one fish taco I've had since then has come even close to being as good.

Offline Tomislav95

Re: The Ask Train of Naught Thread
« Reply #1474 on: March 27, 2017, 05:06:53 AM »
It should be Serah's turn this week but she wasn't online for more than two weeks so I'll skip her and make this Train's week.

So, Train, who is Scar and what did you do to him?

What's your favorite Jon Sudano cover?

Is this you? :o
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1475 on: March 27, 2017, 05:09:06 AM »
Train what is your favorite album of all time?

What's your favorite DT album?

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1476 on: March 27, 2017, 05:39:53 AM »
Yay, questions :corn

So, Train, who is Scar and what did you do to him?
Scar is a perception of quality, seen only by those critical enough in life to see past the deceptive barriers that surround him.

I told his dad that he was spending too much time on the internet so now they deprived him of any use of the internet.

What's your favorite Jon Sudano cover?
I was honestly tired of this guy after one or two covers and didn't bother to check if he has put out anything remotely creative since, but the "SAAAAAAAAAAVE MEEEEEEEE" at the end of the Evanescence one does add some value, I'll go with that one.

I know this is a callback to my question to you but I don't see the link between this guy and me :lol except the fact that he is the ghost of the flying "dutch"man.

But no, that ain't me, he is way better looking than me

Train what is your favorite album of all time?
This is really hard, because I tell everyone that my favourite album is Odyssey to the West by Slice the Cake, but adding "of all time" to it makes it sound preposterous as it was only released almost a year ago (April 1st 2016). I would definitely say it's my absolute favourite album, but if I'm going to pick something less recent it'd be Frances the Mute by The Mars Volta, or if I'm going 100% classic: ...And Justice For All by Metallica

What's your favorite DT album?
Either A Dramatic Turn of Events or Scenes from a Memory, but for the sake of discussion I usually go with ADTOE cause it makes for a less linear conversation :lol
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #1477 on: March 27, 2017, 06:08:57 AM »

I know this is a callback to my question to you but I don't see the link between this guy and me :lol except the fact that he is the ghost of the flying "dutch"man.

But no, that ain't me, he is way better looking than me

Yeah, I couldn't come up with anything better :lol

EDIT: One more question: what's your favorite song you sent in my roulette?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 06:36:26 AM by Tomislav95 »

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1478 on: March 27, 2017, 08:43:54 AM »
Gonna have to check what songs I have sent then cause I don't remember it by heart :P might as well do a full ranking since I have to check all rounds after all

okay here goes:

7. Elder - Gemini
6. Toundra - Requiem
5. Arctic Monkeys - Balaclava
4. Rishloo - Just a Ride
3. Skyharbor - Patience
2. Soen - Sectarian
1. Slice the Cake - Westward Bound (Part I + Part II)

#1 and #2 are especially close, and so are #7 #6 and #5

Oh and my round 8 submission would be either between #4 and #5 or between #3 and #4 :corn
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1479 on: March 27, 2017, 09:20:25 AM »
Will you rename to Train of Dreadnaught?

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #1480 on: March 27, 2017, 09:42:16 AM »
when you're next rouett?

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #1481 on: March 27, 2017, 10:25:50 AM »
Do you have any life goals you want to fulfill in the next five years?

You  took up playing keyboard right? How's it going?
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1482 on: March 27, 2017, 12:10:42 PM »
Man I wish Serah Farron was still a thing, dude asked some deep questions man (not shitting on you guys here at all BTW, thanks for the questions :lol)

Will you rename to Train of Dreadnaught?
Train of Dreadnought, rather. But I'll take it into consideration, as long as it's within the letter capacity :P

Or what about Train of Naught But Stone and Silver?

when you're next rouett?
Said it before but I'm probably not doing roulettes anymore, the most fun thing about roulettes in the early days (in my case this means 2 years ago) was not necessarily discovering music, it was sharing the music with each other and discussing them. Since we have plug.dj now, the only USP I can think of for roulettes in favour of plug is building a community with future DTF newbies. So maybe if we have more new DTFers interested in it I would do one again, but I would be quicker to join roulettes than host one my own due to time/effort.

Do you have any life goals you want to fulfill in the next five years?
It seems really generic but the thing I mainly want to focus on in the near future is stick to my current course and finish it, then see if there's temporary job offerings in a foreign European country and if so, decide whether I want to take up on those offers or stay in The Netherlands, because right now I'm not so sure. I remember being incredibly confident that I would later move abroad for whatever career I was headed in, but it seems like a huge risk considering at least 90% of my contacts are based in my country.

You  took up playing keyboard right? How's it going?
Me, I'm doing great. Can't say the same for the poor keyboard, it has been collecting dust for a while now :lol I REALLY should get this keyboard thing going but just can't find the motivation when I'm home.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1483 on: March 27, 2017, 12:22:39 PM »
What happened to Serah? Just noticed she stopped posting.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #1484 on: March 27, 2017, 12:54:59 PM »
Are you (or would you ever consider going) vegetarian?

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1485 on: March 27, 2017, 01:28:35 PM »
I think the thing with plug.dj is that it's hard to get a lot of people in at once and it's affected by timezones and all but yeah

also I'm mostly asking as a meme at this point fwiw

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1486 on: March 27, 2017, 03:15:27 PM »
results when

:neverusethis:

What happened to Serah? Just noticed she stopped posting.
I think her profile was fake or something? Googling her pics showed quite a popular Instagram account, but it still could be her, dunno.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #1487 on: March 27, 2017, 04:29:50 PM »
Serah was another one of Scar/ASacrificedSon/Angela/Blind Faythe/whoever else's accounts.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1488 on: March 27, 2017, 05:10:15 PM »
I'm on my phone so can't really be bothered to create a quote wall (my phone is too outdated to work effectively)

@Adami as others stated, Serah is an alt account by some mysterious user that has created different accounts/personas for about 2 years now, started with some strange anime-induced fictional story about a supposed "Angela" showing DT to her 10 year old friends and having pillow fights.. :lol

@Luke, definitely thought about it. The problem I have though (not sure how to explain in English) is I have very fast metabolism? However you *should* say it, I have to eat a shitton of food but never gain weight (I cringe whenever someone tells me this is a good thing, please, it isnt). I also need a protein-heavy diet the reason of which is tied into all this, so the easiest/most affordable option includes meat. Whenever I can afford a way out of thid however, I do, and I feel fairly commited to it.

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #1489 on: March 27, 2017, 05:16:57 PM »
Nice. I guess there are plenty of protein alternatives that could work for you but it might take a bit of research (and cost a bit more, as you said). It's just not always as cheap or convenient to be veggie but there are plenty of pros there.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1490 on: March 27, 2017, 05:21:54 PM »
are you still in school / what major if so
if you're already jobbing what's your profession

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #1491 on: March 27, 2017, 05:27:09 PM »
@Luke, definitely thought about it. The problem I have though (not sure how to explain in English) is I have very fast metabolism? However you *should* say it, I have to eat a shitton of food but never gain weight (I cringe whenever someone tells me this is a good thing, please, it isnt). I also need a protein-heavy diet the reason of which is tied into all this, so the easiest/most affordable option includes meat. Whenever I can afford a way out of thid however, I do, and I feel fairly commited to it.
Same here. Also, I always weight the same +/- 2 kg. Sometimes during stressful periods I lose few more kgs and then get them back again in a week :lol

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1492 on: March 27, 2017, 05:36:24 PM »
Nice. I guess there are plenty of protein alternatives that could work for you but it might take a bit of research (and cost a bit more, as you said). It's just not always as cheap or convenient to be veggie but there are plenty of pros there.
Probably. My mom has been vegetarian since before I was born and definitely tried her best to teach me moral fundamentals about this kind of stuff, I'm well-informed about the negatives, but should look more into how to put together a healthy, affordable and tasty meal on a daily basis without too much time and effort.

are you still in school / what major if so
if you're already jobbing what's your profession
I literally just discussed the confusion Dutch people and foreigners have about the different school systems and majors being a given is one of them, apparenty our system is really strange to most :lol. I'm a first year student at a University of Applied Sciences which follows a 4-year bachelor programme. 3rd year includes an internship for about half the year and after the 4th there's an opportunity of branching out into several master degrees on the highest education level (I used to be on this level in high school but dropped to a lower level because I'm a fucking dumbass). I'm currently thinking of just doing the bachelors degree and leaving it at that, if I'm eager to learn more / something else I will continue.

Same here. Also, I always weight the same +/- 2 kg. Sometimes during stressful periods I lose few more kgs and then get them back again in a week :lol
I'm actually not sure if this is the case for me, but I don't weigh myself that often. I'm just assuming this off the fact that I eat more than pretty much all of my close friends but am still one of the skinniest

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1493 on: March 27, 2017, 05:38:41 PM »
when are you going to send me your EP for my roulette

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1494 on: March 27, 2017, 05:45:13 PM »
Soy and Quinoa are excellent, very complete foods in terms of nutrients and proteins, and I think the later is fairly cheap. Look it up.

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #1495 on: March 27, 2017, 05:54:16 PM »
Soy and Quinoa are excellent, very complete foods in terms of nutrients and proteins, and I think the later is fairly cheap. Look it up.

There are issues with eating things such as Quinoa though. Due to the fact it has become so popular in recent years the locals who harvest it can no longer afford to even eat it as prices have increased. It's difficult to eat consciously across the board and not negatively affect some living being. Of course the best way is to eat locally sourced and seasonal food but it's not always easy. Unfortunately we live in a society of convenience for the most part and fast food and supermarkets are a hard habit to break. 

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1496 on: March 27, 2017, 08:29:54 PM »
Aye that's quite shitty. That's why I think harvesting your own it's a good idea - sure needs some dedication and space, but I think it's worth it.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1497 on: March 28, 2017, 02:55:31 AM »
Man, I knew this would be a more profitable ask week than my first one. Thanks for the advice lads, I've decided to become a quinoa farmer now!

Unfortunately we live in a society of convenience for the most part and fast food and supermarkets are a hard habit to break. 
Can't agree more. I notice this in my own behavior but find it hard to break the habit of going to the supermarket next to my school to buy whatever convenience good catches my eye. I end up getting apples as lunch most of the time since it's so easy and really cheap as well. The only downside to it is how beneficial it is to buy them in bulk, and I can't really carry around 2kg of apples around school.

Offline home

« Reply #1498 on: March 28, 2017, 03:36:22 AM »
I used to have trouble gaining weight too. Sports/working out regulary really helped a lot.

Also since Train is last in the list already, Tomislav can you sign me up for next week? :azn:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 04:02:13 AM by home »

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #1499 on: March 28, 2017, 03:40:12 AM »
The only downside to it is how beneficial it is to buy them in bulk, and I can't really carry around 2kg of apples around school.

How many apples can you bench brah?

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #1500 on: March 28, 2017, 04:20:29 AM »
I used to have trouble gaining weight too. Sports/working out regulary really helped a lot.

Also since Train is last in the list already, Tomislav can you sign me up for next week? :azn:
I started working out almost two months ago and literally got 4 kgs in first two weeks :lol too bad I stopped there

And yes, next week is yours :tup

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #1501 on: March 28, 2017, 04:29:24 AM »
Line me up for this as well dude. I don't always check the General Discussion so I'll try to be a bit more active when it's my week.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 05:30:20 AM by twosuitsluke »

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1502 on: March 28, 2017, 09:01:11 AM »
The only downside to it is how beneficial it is to buy them in bulk, and I can't really carry around 2kg of apples around school.

How many apples can you bench brah?
Like, 20 bags? Yeah that seems about right.

Doing live Q&A for those interested over at: https://plug.dj/dream-theater-forums gonna be jamming some tunes between now and the Machine Head - The Blackening 10 yr anniversary plug session, though I won't be 100% active throughout cuz I have 2 more exams this week to study for and 2 more next week, plus 4 assignments due this Friday/next week.

Offline home

« Reply #1503 on: March 29, 2017, 12:47:28 PM »
How high is the guy on the left in your facebook profile picture?  ;D

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1504 on: March 29, 2017, 02:18:37 PM »
A little shorter than me I think, just a little, like 1,75-1,80cm / just under 6ft

I didn't think he looks neither particularly tall nor short in the picture though :lol