Author Topic: The Test That Stumped Them All  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Heavens_Cove777

• A journey to find The answers inside Our illusive
The Test That Stumped Them All
« on: June 13, 2016, 10:30:18 PM »
I love the song SDOIT, and especially TTTSTA. Anybody else get a SOAD/Serj Tankian feel from the vocals in The Test That Stumped Them All? The crazy, female-like vocals by LaBrie and the "Save him from himself part" remind me of SOAD for some reason lol
"I'm kneeling on the floor
staring at the wall
like the spider in the window
I wish that I could speak" ✝

Offline Nearmyth

Re: The Test That Stumped Them All
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 11:15:16 PM »
One of my favorite parts from SDOIT. Very brutal just following War Inside My Head, almost feels like it's never going to end... in a good way.

I love the instrumental section, particularly Portnoy's drumming during the break around the 3:20 mark
"Now I'm not one to soon forget
And I bet I never will...

WAAHH WAAHH DIGA DIGA WAAHH WAAHH"

Offline don_waka

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 09:26:30 AM »
Not particularly my favorite but yes, a very good song indeed.
Always felt closer to the likes of About to Crash and Solitary Shell.

Offline CDrice

• I do art stuff
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 01:42:26 PM »
Oddly enough, I'm listening to 6 degrees and it's the song/track/section that's playing right now.  :metal

I remember back in my animation class in college, we had to animate a 1 minute section of a song of our choice and it was the song I chose. I somehow managed to do the whole project without any classmate or even our teacher knowing what I was doing, so when the teacher played my animation in front of the class there was a lot of  ??? going on. I think people were not expecting that kind of music from me since I'm more of a silent/introvorted guy, but it was hilarious to see :lol

Anyway... I'd say it's probably my favorite part of the epic.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 03:46:46 PM »
I love every part of that whole album.  Reminds me of DT at their very best.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline nattmorker

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 07:57:46 AM »
I find this song very amusing to count to, specially during the verses.

Offline don_waka

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 08:54:50 AM »
Oddly enough, I'm listening to 6 degrees and it's the song/track/section that's playing right now.  :metal

I remember back in my animation class in college, we had to animate a 1 minute section of a song of our choice and it was the song I chose. I somehow managed to do the whole project without any classmate or even our teacher knowing what I was doing, so when the teacher played my animation in front of the class there was a lot of  ??? going on. I think people were not expecting that kind of music from me since I'm more of a silent/introvorted guy, but it was hilarious to see :lol

Anyway... I'd say it's probably my favorite part of the epic.

That sounds like something I'd definitely would like to watch  :tup

Offline pcs90

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 03:14:35 PM »
Not a big fan of the song overall, but the intro and instrumental are great...very frantic. I prefer the version on Score personally...more energy.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2016, 05:45:35 PM »
I love the song SDOIT, and especially TTTSTA. Anybody else get a SOAD/Serj Tankian feel from the vocals in The Test That Stumped Them All? The crazy, female-like vocals by LaBrie and the "Save him from himself part" remind me of SOAD for some reason lol

Always thought that part had that SOAD vibe.