Author Topic: Twisted Sister (featuring Mike Portnoy these days) on Fox and Friends September 2  (Read 1293 times)

Offline jasc15

• TTAL: Yeti welcome

Offline TheCountOfNYC

https://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-and-friends/all-american-summer-concert-series

I wonder if MP has ever been on live national television before.

He might have been with A7X but I don't remember off hand.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
I recently got the Twisted Sister Metal Meltdown CD/DVD/Blu-Ray for like 13 bucks on Amazon.  Pretty cool concert.  It came up as a suggested buy and didn't even know MP had taken over in TS so when I saw that I knew I needed to buy it.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Any idea what time of morning they will be playing?

I'm not really crazy about that show or TS, for that matter, but I don't have to be at work until 10 am that day.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline jasc15

I think its 7am - 10am.  Given the morning show format, I figure they will play one or 2 songs per hour, and sit around the rest of the time with some light chatter with the hosts here and there.

Edit: https://www.deesnider.com/calendar-mainmenu/categories/299-performances-appearances/305-twisted-sister/1408-fox-friends-concert-series
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 11:42:02 AM by jasc15 »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Well, I'm certainly not going to sit through 3 hours of that show.  I will catch the performances on Youtube later, I suppose.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Either that or DVR it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
I saw one song, and some cutie in a tight red dress said they'd be playing "You Can't Kill Rock and Roll" at the after show after party.  Or something like that with two "after's" in it (Dee called her on it too, in a nice way.  GodDAMNit is he cool.)

They were cut off early (not that early) but not before a great shot with JJ, Mark and Mike at the drum kit, and another good one of Dee on the riser with Mike.   I did not see Mike out front, though with the other four as the announcers had their moment.   

Offline jasc15

I didn't catch any of the actual broadcast, just 2 songs from the web feed which was just the performance without commentary or any of the show's presenters.

Here is the whole thing on YouTube

https://youtu.be/RTp6Tv6rri4

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Hahaha that mic drop...Dee's all "oh shit"
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Gotta give Dee Snider: the fact that they are still able to do something on TV like this, despite being basically a one-hit wonder band that hasn't been relevant in nearly 30 years (if they ever really were), speaks volumes about his business acumen.  He has obviously made many friends over the years and can still finagle a gig like this.

Offline jasc15

It seems like he and the band are more liked than their music.  They seem to have the respect of their peers, and Dee is almost always sought for opinion on most documentaries or shows about metal.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Gotta give Dee Snider: the fact that they are still able to do something on TV like this, despite being basically a one-hit wonder band that hasn't been relevant in nearly 30 years (if they ever really were), speaks volumes about his business acumen.  He has obviously made many friends over the years and can still finagle a gig like this.

I don't think it's Dee.  I think Jay Jay and Mark are the guys behind the scenes.    Dee's the front man and has cashed in as much as the other four combined, but I'm pretty sure Jay Jay and Mark call the (business) shots. 

Offline jasc15

You're probably right.  I was never a fan and never knew much about the band, and Dee was the only representation I ever saw on TV or wherever.