Poll

Vote for the song you'd like to eliminate!

Solitaire
8 (100%)
Rule the World
0 (0%)
Ghost Opera
0 (0%)
The Human Stain
0 (0%)
Blücher
0 (0%)
Love You to Death
0 (0%)
Up Through the Ashes
0 (0%)
Mourning Star
0 (0%)
Silence of the Darkness
0 (0%)
Anthem
0 (0%)
EdenEcho
0 (0%)
The Pendulous Fall
0 (0%)
Season's End
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: June 16, 2016, 11:33:27 AM

Author Topic: Kamelot Survivor - Ghost Opera - Round 1  (Read 734 times)

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Kamelot Survivor - Ghost Opera - Round 1
« on: June 14, 2016, 11:33:27 AM »

Ghost Opera (2007)

Eliminated:

On we go, and now we're getting to what some people consider a dip in quality after a stellar run of albums for Kamelot. It's time for Ghost Opera Survivor! After Epica and The Black Halo everyone was curious what Kamelot can offer next to top or at least match the brilliance of the previous albums, and - in pretty much everyone's opinion - they didn't top it. Some people consider it a strong effort, some people aren't too fond of it. The album went into a darker direction, but it also returned to a more power metal style if you compare it to The Black Halo, leading to some songs being a bit too predictable.

You have 48 hours to vote. If you have any questions, please check out the main thread in my signature; if you didn't find an answer, go ahead and ask it here.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Kamelot Survivor - Ghost Opera - Round 1
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 11:34:38 AM »
Solitaire.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 11:35:46 AM »
Alright, this is the first and the only Survivor where I'm rooting for a bonus song to at least get to the Consolations. Actually both bonus songs are really great, but you know which one I'm talking about. MirrorMask, let's team up. Other people, please go listen to both bonus songs before voting them out.

Anyway, I'm going with the instrumental intro.

Solitaire

(echoing the question Scorpion - I think - asked earlier, does anyone know why they have two songs named Solitaire?)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 03:15:27 PM »
Went with the intro

Also, add me to the group that likes these b-sides.  I think both are fantastic songs.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 02:06:33 AM »
I'm all for bonus tracks galore!

Obviously I vote for the intro now, the worst Kamelot song named Solitaire  ;D

I don't know if they just didn't care, or didn't even realized that the intro to this album was called Solitaire once it was time to write an actual song named like that. They could have used any other title for the "real" song and maybe use "(The Solitaire)" as a second title. Uh well.

This album is good but it's weird, the good songs are very good and the not-so-good songs are very meh. It's still a quality album but to me it's worse than Black Halo which wasn't as awesome as Epica... and the following album I like it even less.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 02:27:19 AM »
Yeah, I've been listening to Ghost Opera recently and I found out I like it less than I thought. Still a decent album though.

Offline Tyrias

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 12:42:21 PM »
This is the first Kamelot album I listened to. I still quite like it, but mostly for the calmer songs. Most of the heavier songs are just a lot worse than the ballads on here.

Also, voted for the obvious choice.