Poll

Why are you still checking out this thread? The roulette has been completed for ages

For the sake of nostalgia
0 (0%)
I have no life so I am reading through old roulettes for entertainment
0 (0%)
Train of Naught
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 03, 2016, 01:10:11 AM

Author Topic: Train of Naught Roulette II v. MURAMASA... MASAMUNE  (Read 125481 times)

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
FYI, when i mentioned that I didn't want to play it safe I meant that I didn't want to just send progressive metal, but was well aware that this was still a very safe entry. I meant (after sending this entry) I wanted to move away from playing it safe in any capacity.
That makes more sense.

I'm planning to send my take on a great doom metal tune, which, comparing to the doom metal you've been sent so far, will be a different style of doom/sludge metal.
Hmm... maybe... could it be.... BARONESS? :P

Nope, the band has four singers. But most of it is one guy, yes.
That's awesome. Seems like they're currently not planning any tours but I might just go see them once they come near me.

Cool.
Most definitely.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
Glad you liked!!
I'll send tomorrow.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I'm planning to send my take on a great doom metal tune, which, comparing to the doom metal you've been sent so far, will be a different style of doom/sludge metal.
Hmm... maybe... could it be.... BARONESS? :P

No, no, no!! I would never class Baroness as doom, I meant something more along the lines of Conan, Crowbar or Electric Wizard!!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
baroness is kinda sludge metal but also kinda stoner metal

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Oops, got carried away by the whole sludge side. And of course, it's one of those bands that I've seen both you and Parama talk about so it wouldn't surprise me if there would be a Oceans of Slumber v2 situation. :neverusethis:
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
i probably won't get the chance to send the baroness i want to send since i'll be eliminated after round 7  :P

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
tbh i have no clue what to send, tho. i'm going to be underwhelmed by your tastes no matter what i send, it seems like

Online twosuitsluke

Yea, most of the doom I like tends to have a bit of a stoner/sludge side to it. Might send the most depressing doom song I've got or something.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
I don't know what to send either, I have a good one but nothing like it is on your banned list so you may not like it.

Oh well I'll probably send it anyway :lol

Then again...

Offline 425

Happy to pass on a good song. And of course credits to Nekov who previously sent that in the championship.

Lol I guess I should probably send some bonuses now since my lack of bonus sending seems to be among the main reasons I'm so far down. I'll try to figure out some bonus-earning song to send tomorrow.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
maybe i should consider sending shorter songs, but i was planning on saving them all for the EP I won't be able to send anyways so ehh

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Just send good songs :P

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
i have been doing that already. i sent two 10/10 songs already tbh

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Oh yeah I meant to say this but yeah 425, you're the only one who needs to send a bonus theme in ecery round starting now on order to have used them all by the time the bottom 7 will be cut.

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
Re: Train of Naught Roulette II: This Time It's Personal (ROUND 4 RESULTS)
« Reply #749 on: July 05, 2016, 03:47:48 AM »
Either that or I really need to check out Agent Fresco.
Yes, you really need to check out Agent Fresco  :tup Glad you liked the song, will sent for next round later today
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
I'm planning a big one-time importcds haul (the prices are extremely good though shipping from america is a bitch cost-wise) soon and Destrier seems to be at an alright price though still a bit more pricey than I'd like along with those shipping costs.

Will definitely check out that album though!

Got 3/12 songs right now people, keep them coming. I'd like them all by tomorrow if that's possible.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
oh crap, I need to order before you clean out the stuff I wanna buy then  :P

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
I'll try to send today. I have absolutely no idea what to send though.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
By the way, I was too disappointed by my score to say something yesterday, but I must applaud Spencer for his choice of Round 4 song. Outstanding cover by Sonata Arctica and well-deserved good score. :tup I'm relistening to it as I write this and damn did they manage to make this song energetic and fun or what? Great choice.

Also sent Round 5 song.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Both versions of Still Loving You just fucking rock :2metal:

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Sent a good song :)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online twosuitsluke

Will be sending in the next hour possibly, if I can decide. Think I'm going to risk some doom/stoner/sludge metal then possibly some black-ish metal next round.

Enjoy life beyond round 7 guys because I surely won't be joining you  :biggrin:

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
Sent a song I know Train will like

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Because I already know it? Reeee-jected!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH  :hat

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
I sent Still Loving You by the Scorpions :lol

Resent.

Offline 425

Oh yeah I meant to say this but yeah 425, you're the only one who needs to send a bonus theme in ecery round starting now on order to have used them all by the time the bottom 7 will be cut.

Yeah, and I'd be in the top 5 right now if I'd gotten all the same scores and also at least 2 bonuses (I actually have the same raw score as Parama and Sacul). So that's a pretty clear signal for what I need to do differently. :lol
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
If I had used all my bonuses I'd be up a point too, to be fair  :lol

Offline 425

Right, but we have the same raw score. I.e. you have two more points than me and you've used two more bonuses than me.
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
oh, fair enough

i'll try to pick out somethign to send tonight, but i also might not. i'm trying to only send songs i'd rate 9/10 or above, and your wacky tastes are making it difficult to find something you wouldn't hate and don't already know  :P

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Actually I don't think I've hated a single song this roulette so you should be good :corn

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
anything below 8 is hated tbh
~my skewed perspective on songs i feel you're underrating

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Lots of great songs scored under 8 already tho

Raise The Sun and The Longest River by Anciients, Sankarihauta by Moonsorrow, Beginnings by Chicago, Cotard by Hirsch Effekt, Gates Of Babylon by Rainbow, Deep Channel by Afro Celt Sound System, etc..

I just feel obliged to name one or more cons, even if they're ever so slightly, just to give the player a helping hand, something to be wary of when sending the next song maybe.

But in the end of course no one wants to get straight 7.5's with the only saving grace being that "I liked them", we all want to win these things :P

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Yes. Now give the song I sent you a 9.5.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
I'll find out soon enough! Will start listening tonight regardless of what I've got so far at that point, will still give everything the same amount of listens but I want to atleast get one or two listens in before I leave the country as the upcoming two days will become a bit busier.

Off the top of my head, I still need Scorp, 425, Sacul, Parama and twosuitsluke