Poll

Why are you still checking out this thread? The roulette has been completed for ages

For the sake of nostalgia
0 (0%)
I have no life so I am reading through old roulettes for entertainment
0 (0%)
Train of Naught
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 03, 2016, 01:10:11 AM

Author Topic: Train of Naught Roulette II v. MURAMASA... MASAMUNE  (Read 120064 times)

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Ye Portishead are essential chill music, I love them, perfect for late-night listening.

Offline Tomislav95

Yea you can send bonus themes in any round, I would use all 3 of them before the cut-off point at round 7 because 3 points can make a big difference.
Oh, cool. "including bonus round #" next to rounds 1, 3 and 4 confused me.
I just realized that's not what bonus rounds are :lol
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
Re: Train of Naught Roulette II: This Time It's Personal (ROUND 1 TEASERS)
« Reply #247 on: June 15, 2016, 02:07:01 PM »
I guess it would’ve been a bit better too if I was more of a fan of this vocalist, there’s a certain something in his voice that doesn’t really win me over.

the fuck????

also sent
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 02:14:18 PM by Shadow Ninja 2.0 »

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
sent. even better song than round 1 this time tbh. i have no shortage of awesome stuff to send.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Sent some djent.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Sent for a bonus point

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
I have half the songs in already wow :lol
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
Fair score  :tup If you have 6 minutes to spare listen to the first two songs of the album Opening - Take This To Heart https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdC4PwWihQ It's my favourite Maybeshewill song and it has some nice piano in it, but I didn't send it cause well it are two songs.

Also, took a gamble and sent funk  :hat
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Sent a song through Spotify.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Wait I don't think I even mentioned my spotify name ???, I also didn't receive anything so it's probably the wrong account.

My username is LviaLviaquez

8/12 submissions including Elite wow
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
You also have to follow us back before we're allowed to send anything. Check your own profile and you'll see me (and probably Rich) under your followers.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
As soon as you're Facebook friends, you can send through Spotify. Did you get it?
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
My facebook is linked to an old Spotify account, pretty sure of that. But I followed both of you now I think.

My current account should be connected to Facebook now, too.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 05:57:27 AM by Train of Naught »

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
According to my profile you are not following me.

I'm bolsters.s

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Again, did you get my submission then?
Squ

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
According to my profile you are not following me.

I don't know then, my Spotify clearly says I'm following you, and looking at your profile my name's in the "followers" list too.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
I don't know then, my Spotify clearly says I'm following you, and looking at your profile my name's in the "followers" list too.
I still can't see you in my followers list, and when I check your profile I can't see myself in your following list (infact you don't have one at all). :huh:

Give it a few hours, see if it corrects itself.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
I could send in your stead if you'd like :) ^
Squ

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
Pass.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
He already sent so it's fine, just, a bit strange that I don't seem to appear on his followers list

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
It's kind of pissing me off to be honest. You've followed me so you should be in there, there's no reason this shouldn't be working. And while you aren't listed as a follower, it won't let me send you anything.

I suppose you could try sending me something, like my own song, and see what happens.

Edit: Yeah so I'm guessing you did that? My inbox icon has a notification on it but my inbox contains no new messages when I actually open it. :lolpalm:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 07:09:06 AM by Bolsters »

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Sent. :corn
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Sent for the World Music bonus  :P

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Edit: Yeah so I'm guessing you did that? My inbox icon has a notification on it but my inbox contains no new messages when I actually open it. :lolpalm:
Yeah so you still can't send me anything huh? I thought maybe because we started a chat now it would be possible but you said it wasn't. I hate this Spotify PM system.

Got 8 songs in + 1 that needs confirmation and 1 that has to re-send.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I knew I would have to re-send when I was sending my song.

ToN is yet to realize why I did.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Ruslan still lives in 2010 and pulls a rickroll on me.

It was actually really good because I had no idea, props to you, got a good laugh out of me :lol

I should just have accepted the song and given you 0/10

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Ruslan still lives in 2010 and pulls a rickroll on me.

It was actually really good because I had no idea, props to you, got a good laugh out of me :lol

I should just have accepted the song and given you 0/10

I'm that oldschool. :lol

I wondered if you would give in to temptation and accept it, but apparently you're not that big of a Fates Warning fan. :lol

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
I should've just ninja deleted FW from the banned list and accepted the song and no one woulda noticed. I don't think anyone participating in this roulette ever sends them anyway. :lol

Offline Tomislav95

Did you send not yet released song or something? :lol

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Yeah he claimed to have sent me a song off the new album and I rejected it since they're banned. But then he said I could go ahead and listen to it anyway because it's so awesome. And then I got all excited and downloaded it and it was a 10 minute version of rickroll :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
savage  :corn

Offline Tomislav95

:rollin
But seriously, I'm hyped for new FW after reading everything people who heard wrote about it.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, I think ToN wouldn't mind, that's how it went.

Hey Dennis,

You know I take some roulettes seriously and I really want to win yours, so it's time to cheat and check out how true to your word you are. I want to send something from 2016 to take another bonus point, and I've got just the right song to do it. It's from the new Fates Warning album - hold on, I know the band is on your banned list - and it's awesome, could be one of my favourite FW songs and definitely my song of the year so far. Ten minutes long progressive metal epic with brilliant songwriting, amazing quiet parts and incredible chorus.

So, the problem is, the band is on your banned list. But then I'm fairly sure you haven't heard this song. And I'm fairly sure you'll like the hell out of it. I propose two options:

1) you accept it, download the file from MEGA (since it's obviously not on YouTube yet), rank it and all, but don't share it with anyone else as it could have some severe repercussions for me.
2) you don't allow it, but in that case you don't click on the link below and you don't download the song at all; and I'm deleting it from MEGA as soon as I can.

I want to send a link in this very message because I will probably be unavailable for the evening and tomorrow is a working day. I'm counting on your sense of honor and whatnot ( :lol ) that if you don't allow it you won't listen.

In case you allow this song, I'd like to get a bonus point for 2016-released tune. Also I know we aren't guessing this time but I'm guessing #1 because this song is just incredible.

Anyway, read all the above before clicking on the link... and if you decide to accept it, download it and prepare to be blown fucking away in the next 10+ minutes. Damn, I'm going to spin this song again right now.

Fates Warning - The Light and Shade of Things

Cheers,
Ruslan
I'm sorry gonna have to deny it.

I haven't heard the new album yet but like you mentioned they are on my banned list. And I want to be fair to others because they might've omitted the possibility from their options aswell because it was banned.

I won't click on the link so you can delete it as soon as you see this message.

Sorry but I gotta be fair to the others, I will check out this album as soon as I can and I look forward to your other R2 song! :tup

Shame. Cool to see you didn't download it though, I appreciate this.

Still, go download the song. :biggrin:
Wait so you DO want me to download it?

Of course. Just don't tell anyone you've heard it and don't share it with anyone. It's a promo file.
Awesomee, I'll keep my promise and let you know what I thought of it after hearing it, been looking forward to this album and I actually thought Darkness in a Different Light was mostly fantastic, especially the closing epic "And Yet It Moves"

Cool man. I liked Darkness in a Different Light, but after hearing this new album and DiaDL back to back... DiaDL isn't even close. This album is so much better it's not even funny.

I'll send you actual Round 2 song in an hour.
GODDAMNIT RUSLAN

:lol

New FW is outstanding though. All the metal crowd on DTF will certainly have it somewhere near the top in AOTY rankings. Just great.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
maybe I should care about it then I dunno
I liked a pleasant shade of gray and I have one of their 80s albums too but I've never been huge on them either or really followed them at all

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
maybe I should care about it then I dunno
I liked a pleasant shade of gray and I have one of their 80s albums too but I've never been huge on them either or really followed them at all

I don't think you're among the "metal crowd on DTF", so yeah, no.