Awake
Falling Into Infinity
Metropolis Pt.2 Scenes from a Memory
Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
Train of Thought
Sytematic Chaos
Octavarium
Black Clouds and Silver Linings

Author Topic: Best Album  (Read 27379 times)

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Best Album
« Reply #210 on: May 03, 2011, 12:46:25 AM »
Meh.

The only truly great albums they've created are I&W and Awake, with Scenes being a good one. Everything else just doesn't stand out to me much. There are some occasional flashes of brilliance, but none of it has me crawling back for more :P

Offline N4Player

« Reply #211 on: May 03, 2011, 05:55:28 AM »
Black Clouds & Silver Linings for me. Nothing from any band has knocked it out of heavy rotation on my iPod since its release.

Offline jamhet

« Reply #212 on: May 03, 2011, 06:37:17 AM »
"Stream of Consciousness" is pretty "meh" to me.
:omg: :omg: :omg:
"SoC" is absolutely thrilling from start to finish.

Offline Demolition

« Reply #213 on: May 03, 2011, 06:52:50 AM »
While I happen to like all the DT albums with the exception of WDADU and the order can change depending on how I fell at the time I've been listening to all of the albums lately and this is my pick.  I happen to vote by what I like to listen to and not necessarily the strength of the playing/writing.  I see that I am in the small minority in that although I think I&W and Awake are good albums, I find that I can't get into them as much as the other discs.

1.  Octavarium
2.  TOT
3.  SFAM
4.  BCSL
5.  6D
6.  SC
7.  FII
9.  I & W
10.  Awake
9l  WDADU

Offline jsem

« Reply #214 on: May 03, 2011, 06:54:08 AM »
While I happen to like all the DT albums with the exception of WDADU and the order can change depending on how I fell at the time I've been listening to all of the albums lately and this is my pick.  I happen to vote by what I like to listen to and not necessarily the strength of the playing/writing.  I see that I am in the small minority in that although I think I&W and Awake are good albums, I find that I can't get into them as much as the other discs.

1.  Octavarium
2.  TOT
3.  SFAM
4.  BCSL
5.  6D
6.  SC
7.  FII
9.  I & W
10.  Awake
9l  WDADU
You've got to be kidding me with that list.

Offline dongringo

« Reply #215 on: May 03, 2011, 08:03:44 AM »

1.  Octavarium
2.  TOT
3.  SFAM
4.  BCSL
5.  6D
6.  SC
7.  FII
9.  I & W
10.  Awake
9l  WDADU

What's wrong with that list? People can't have different tastes? This is the closest to my list that I've seen, having Octavarium on top and I&W close to the bottom.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
  • :)
« Reply #216 on: May 03, 2011, 08:10:47 AM »
I love seeing people with different tastes too, even if my top 5 is pretty standard :)

1. I&W
2. SFAM
3. 6DOIT
4. TOT
5. Awake

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #217 on: May 03, 2011, 08:21:37 AM »
I see a trend here, the albums just before the turn of a decenium gets the most votes. WDADU through IAW, SFAM through 6DOIT. And then BC&SL -> 11th album. I'll see if my theory proves right when the time comes  ;)

Oh, little did you know what would happen...

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #218 on: May 03, 2011, 08:49:08 AM »

1.  Octavarium
2.  TOT
3.  SFAM
4.  BCSL
5.  6D
6.  SC
7.  FII
9.  I & W
10.  Awake
9l  WDADU

Not that far off of my list either, switch round I & W and Octavarium and they're in roughly the same teirs.

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
« Reply #219 on: May 03, 2011, 08:50:41 AM »
Well I voted I&W but it's equal with Awake...

Offline kartmaze2

• DTF Cybernetician
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #220 on: May 03, 2011, 11:33:54 AM »
I can't vote in this poll. I rate both I&W, Awake, SFAM and 6DoIT equally at the top.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #221 on: May 03, 2011, 12:18:05 PM »
Well I voted Awake but it's equal with I&W...
:D
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Raoul Sanchez

« Reply #222 on: May 03, 2011, 12:45:03 PM »
Six Degrees wins for me, but they're all pretty damn close, except for WDADU and SC, which are pretty much tied for bottom.

Offline IdoSC

« Reply #223 on: May 03, 2011, 12:50:34 PM »
SFAM
IAW
Awake
Octavarium
SDOIT
BCSL
TOT
WDADU
FII
SC

I have to say, the first 5 albums are completely on the same league in my opinion and the differences between them are really, really minor.
The last albums, well, I like all the albums from BCSL-FII equally and they're all amazing, though they fall short compared to the first 5 albums. It's not because they're bad or something, they're amazing. It's just the first 5 are so incredible.
SC is also a great album, just not as good as the others to me.