Author Topic: Swimming with Crocs- Animals...WTF??  (Read 34764 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Swimming with Crocs- The Official DTF Crocodile Thread
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2016, 04:10:29 PM »
Holy crap!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2016, 04:16:20 PM »
Holy crap!

Dude.....I watched a special where they played about 30 seconds of that tape they found of him screaming as he was eaten alive.....it was horrible.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2016, 06:34:58 PM »
Holy crap!

Dude.....I watched a special where they played about 30 seconds of that tape they found of him screaming as he was eaten alive.....it was horrible.

The audio is on YouTube.

Just about every comment is a bear pun...

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2016, 07:29:39 PM »
Holy crap!

The audio is on YouTube.

Just about every comment is a bear pun...

I don't see how you could joke about that after listening to it.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2016, 10:52:32 PM »
It really is a show of how astoundingly delusional humans are/can be. We can feel a connection when not only is there not one, but it is impossible to form one. It's both beautiful and horribly fucking hilarious (read: pathetic; or in this case downright moronic) in the worst way possible. It's basically like seeing some creepy stalker dude thinking that he is genuinely in love and loved back by some random woman he doesn't even know except its even worse than that because this dumb motherfucker thinks that these things are thinking anything about him. Fact is if they are it's nothing more than instinct... and it is all instinctual...and when the instinct kicks in...he'll be in the news post mortem. It's amazing that anyone with anything past (or even ending with) a high school level of knowledge in zoology can think that animals such as sharks, crocs, etc. are somehow "friends" to humans. "Oh, he didn't eat me and we're hanging out. MUST BE MAH FRAN!" Zero. Fucking. Sympathy. (SW's next album title confirmed)

Darwin's theory at work.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2016, 02:49:50 PM »
Holy crap!

That audio is fake. The real audio was never actually released to the public and is forever in the possession of the producer of the movie.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2016, 02:52:19 PM »
It really is a show of how astoundingly delusional humans are/can be. We can feel a connection when not only is there not one, but it is impossible to form one. It's both beautiful and horribly fucking hilarious (read: pathetic; or in this case downright moronic) in the worst way possible. It's basically like seeing some creepy stalker dude thinking that he is genuinely in love and loved back by some random woman he doesn't even know except its even worse than that because this dumb motherfucker thinks that these things are thinking anything about him. Fact is if they are it's nothing more than instinct... and it is all instinctual...and when the instinct kicks in...he'll be in the news post mortem. It's amazing that anyone with anything past (or even ending with) a high school level of knowledge in zoology can think that animals such as sharks, crocs, etc. are somehow "friends" to humans. "Oh, he didn't eat me and we're hanging out. MUST BE MAH FRAN!" Zero. Fucking. Sympathy. (SW's next album title confirmed)

Darwin's theory at work.

Could not agree more.  Don't get me wrong, it's awful that two people were mauled by a bear like that, but setting up camp next to them and thinking all will be well is just asking for a painful death. 

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2016, 11:08:01 AM »
It's been a really horrible week in my hometown, and that alligator incident at The Grand Floridian are one of the many things that was really tragic that week. I haven't said much about it, mainly because of my ties with the company. I can't imagine what those parents are feeling. I will say this: In that hotel, and the other Disney hotels in that lagoon and other locations around the Walt Disney World resort, there are not only signs that say "No Swimming" but "Please Do Not Feed Wildlife" that includes an alligator symbol. That same signage is at the Grand Floridian. It is illegal in the state of Florida to feed alligators, because the gator will become comfortable with human surroundings, and will attack. If a gator is reported to have been tainted such as, it is usually hunted down and killed.

Disney's number one priority for their guests and employees is safety. They are a reacting company, and I guarantee you after what happened last week, you'd have to toss your kid into the lake for them to get in there from now on. I just hope they don't take away the boats and kayaks.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2016, 12:59:31 PM »
Well, I absolutely recall the No Swimming signs, but I'm honestly drawing a blank on the Don't Feed The Wildlife. And even if it is there, with a small alligator symbol, that's a lot different than a Danger-Beware Of Alligators sign. They have one of those by the Basketball/Shuffleboard courts near Kidani Village. That gets your attention.

Disney cannot set up a beach like location, with beach chairs and all, and think a small alligator symbol on a Don't Feed will be sufficient.

As you say, Disney IS a reactive company, but they are not a preventative company. I said in a post earlier, how many people feel out of the trams before they put the doors on? I'm sorry, but announcing children should sit in the middle is not sufficient.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 02:11:51 PM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2016, 08:35:25 AM »
Daaamn. Eagle was all "SHUT THE FUCK UP I'M PERFORMING".

Smack you for playing with your zipper during a miraculous performance? Smack the phone out of your hand during a miraculous performance? I vote this Eagle be renamed Geagle Tate.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2016, 01:33:09 AM »
We were diving in Cozumel last year and they had spotted a 4' saltwater croc right at the little pier we do our safety stops between dives.   Crystal clear 4-6' water. I was a little bummed we missed it.  I would have slid in the water with it for some vid.  Any bigger than that...no.  We did a few dives with Bull Sharks a few years back, that got the old blood pumping!  One of my other bucket list critters would be hanging with Komodo Dragons in Indonesia.  The boats make stops in the national park during Dive liveaboard trips to visit them.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2017, 08:07:01 PM »
If that's the picture of the croc in the article, there NO WAY that it's only 6'. Looks closer to 10'.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2017, 08:13:44 PM »
At least!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2018, 08:28:07 PM »
Call me a chicken shit, but if I got word about a crocodile (or alligator) being that close to home, I would move.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2018, 07:23:01 AM »
Call me a chicken shit, but if I got word about a crocodile (or alligator) being that close to home, I would move.

No shit, right.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2018, 05:57:58 PM »
Don't you know how to disable an alligator?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dgUAqGqS8Q&feature=youtu.be&t=50s

Also, that video lead me to this. Holy smokes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb1c1aMcFAo
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2018, 06:03:29 PM »
Wow. Seems the guy died at 32 from a motorcycle accidents.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2018, 06:22:44 PM »
Holy shit I'd swim naked in a kiddie pool filled with a dozen crocs before coming within 1,000 feet of this mother f*cker.

https://www.thisisinsider.com/a-woman-was-swallowed-whole-by-a-23-foot-python-in-indonesia-2018-6

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2018, 06:24:55 PM »
See, this is why I stand by the expression "the only good snake is a dead snake."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2018, 06:58:18 PM »
Hah, I was going to post the same story. Holy shit.

*crosses Indonesia off the vacation list*

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #95 on: July 06, 2018, 12:12:15 AM »
Hooray for the lions :clap:
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2018, 02:37:53 PM »
Holy shit! The humans are as mad as hell, and they aren't going to take it any more!

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/16/629369747/angered-by-attack-mob-slaughters-hundreds-of-crocodiles-in-indonesia

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2018, 02:42:50 PM »
Holy shit! The humans are as mad as hell, and they aren't going to take it any more!

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/16/629369747/angered-by-attack-mob-slaughters-hundreds-of-crocodiles-in-indonesia

I just read the same thing in my newspaper. People are so goddamn fucking ridiculously stupid :facepalm:
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2018, 02:44:41 PM »
I saw that.

:lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2018, 02:48:51 PM »
Ric Flair should be able to stock up on shoes now.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2018, 03:05:44 PM »
That'll teach the crocs a lesson... Soprano's style!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #103 on: August 06, 2018, 05:50:26 PM »
Yeah, and she'd be right, too.

Probably safer than a Texas A&M frat house though.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #104 on: August 06, 2018, 09:36:37 PM »
That lady ain't right in the head.