Author Topic: Show on Netflix to binge this summer?  (Read 10130 times)

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Re: Show on Netflix to binge this summer?
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2016, 01:15:38 PM »
I knew nothing was going to happen to her. Danny loves his niece, and would never harm her, but he wanted to mess with his brother and send a message.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2016, 01:47:46 PM »
Yea I saw it coming to but then again he was willing to cowardly beat up his brother, destroy his family name and family business which would basically destroy his mother only because he felt he had an unfair and ruff upbringing. So when that didn't go as planned atleast from what i've seen yet I thought doing something with Johns daughter would be the ultimate revenge especially when he wished John and his siblings could feel the pain Danny felt when Sarah died and everything that happened after.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2016, 02:01:22 PM »
Part of me feels like it was his plan all along to sink the family.

A smaller part of me thinks he was trying to straighten out, but old habits die hard. When he reverted back to his old ways, nothing was out of bounds for him. He would justify that by using his past as his motive.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2016, 04:44:43 PM »
*SPOILERS*
I'm well into S02 of Bloodline and i'm starting to feel a bit tired of the fact that everyone wants John to solve everything and when things dosen't go as planned of course John is the one to blame. It's John, John, John, John all the time. Give him a break dammit because he's starting to become Jack in Lost.  :lol Seriously, it's a bit annoying how everything just keeps getting worse and worse.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 08:30:26 PM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2016, 07:31:28 PM »
At the same time, John has control issues, so he sort of brings some of it on himself. I still miss Danny.  :biggrin:

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2016, 07:34:41 PM »
With all due respect, some of us still haven't seen or finished up Bloodlines.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2016, 08:32:23 PM »
At the same time, John has control issues, so he sort of brings some of it on himself. I still miss Danny.  :biggrin:
Yea that's true though, he's much to blame to.

With all due respect, some of us still haven't seen or finished up Bloodlines.
Sorry man, I forgot about that.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2016, 09:59:42 PM »

Being that the second season was released only a couple of weeks ago, I don't imagine we'll be seeing the next season any time soon.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2016, 04:39:09 PM »

Being that the second season was released only a couple of weeks ago, I don't imagine we'll be seeing the next season any time soon.
Just finished S02!  :biggrin: Loved it and honestly a few surprises along the way.

I didn't like it when Meg and Kevin turned on John but it felt so good when Kevin just flipped and killed Marco.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2016, 06:44:41 PM »

Just finished S02!  :biggrin: Loved it and honestly a few surprises along the way.

I didn't like it when Meg and Kevin turned on John but it felt so good when Kevin just flipped and killed Marco.

I know. That's something which pissed me off, when they turned on John. It was like their whole demeanor about the situation switched. When it became too hard for them to deal with, they acted as if it wasn't John covering their asses.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2016, 06:06:06 AM »

I know. That's something which pissed me off, when they turned on John. It was like their whole demeanor about the situation switched. When it became too hard for them to deal with, they acted as if it wasn't John covering their asses.
I actually was certain it was John dreaming the whole scene and I kept waiting for him to wake up but yea that didn't happen. Seeing what happend after that scene it's pretty clear they will definitely pay the price for what they did.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2016, 06:34:30 AM »

I actually was certain it was John dreaming the whole scene and I kept waiting for him to wake up but yea that didn't happen. Seeing what happend after that scene it's pretty clear they will definitely pay the price for what they did.

I wonder how they'll tie up all of those loose ends. It looks like Meg was about to tell their mother the truth. How long until the next season?

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2016, 07:45:43 PM »
Currently it's Stranger Things. Really good show I must say.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2016, 08:08:22 PM »

Was thinking of watching this one
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2016, 08:18:23 PM »
I'm up to episode 7. One more to go.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2016, 08:30:44 PM »
Suits.  It will not dissapoint.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2016, 08:56:44 PM »
Neither will Sluts.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2016, 09:05:44 PM »

Was thinking of watching this one
I'm two episodes in and am hooked to this show! Great 80's throwback series so far, a mix of  super 8, ET and a whole bunch of 80's movies and shows put together. Highly entertaining.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2016, 09:07:39 PM »
Neither will Sluts.

Thanks Captain Obvious.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2016, 09:54:57 PM »
Neither will Sluts.

Thanks Captain Obvious.

Well, I have to make sure. You're getting old...er. 

Offline faizoff

« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2016, 11:21:06 PM »
Damn Netflix and their addicting shows. I wanted to check out just the first few minutes of Stranger Things and now am 5 episodes down and it's late and I need to sleep... but I need to complete this show now. :-\
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2016, 01:39:10 PM »
The best part about Stranger Things is that if you close your eyes when David Harbour speaks you'd swear you were listening to Harrison Ford.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2016, 02:18:54 PM »
Damn Netflix and their addicting shows. I wanted to check out just the first few minutes of Stranger Things and now am 5 episodes down and it's late and I need to sleep... but I need to complete this show now. :-\

That's how I was last night had to stop at episode 4.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2016, 02:24:45 PM »
Just finished episode 4 and the show just got really good.

Offline masterthes

« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2016, 03:10:14 PM »
Watching that show, I can't help but feel bad for Winona. She's a really great actress and she fucked it all up with her kleptomania

I'm 2 episodes in and I am really digging it so far. Sucks the first season is so short though. I can't help but smile at that intro. So 80's it's awesome

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2016, 10:50:46 PM »
Just finished and all I can say is...

:omg: :corn

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2016, 02:13:12 AM »
If you were a fan of Voltron back in the 80's, take a look at the Voltron series Netflix just put out. It's really good

Offline tofee35

« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2016, 10:36:53 AM »
Bob Ross "Beauty is Everywhere". I defy you to not binge watch that until you fall asleep every night for the last 2 weeks.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2016, 07:10:14 PM »
Just finished the second season of Bloodline.  The second season was as good as the first.  The Rayburn family is really screwed up.

A friend recommended Firefly, so that series will be next.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2016, 07:21:51 PM »
If you were a fan of Voltron back in the 80's, take a look at the Voltron series Netflix just put out. It's really good

I tried, and it started out okay, but then it became WAY too much of a little kid show for me. I stopped after the 4th or 5th episode, just couldn't take the little kid stuff.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2016, 07:43:19 PM »
Have you checked out Breaking Bad yet? I'm surprised that no one else has mentioned it (unless I skimmed the thread too quickly and missed it). I enjoyed watching that show so much that I even look back fondly on the period of time when I was watching it  :lol

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2016, 09:05:14 PM »
Just finished the second season of Bloodline.  The second season was as good as the first.  The Rayburn family is really screwed up.

A friend recommended Firefly, so that series will be next.
Agreed on Bloodline. And Firefly is great. Don't take it too seriously. It's just boatloads of fun.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2016, 03:26:21 AM »
Galavant

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2016, 01:43:22 PM »
Brooklyn Nine Nine.   The best half hour sitcom on right now.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2016, 02:16:50 PM »
Brooklyn Nine Nine.   The best half hour sitcom on right now.

I went into this show very hesitantly, and I thought the first episode was pretty meh. But now I've seen every episode and am watching it week by week on HULU and god damn I love this show.
fanticide.bandcamp.com