General > Movies and TV

12 Monkeys (TV show) on SyFy

(1/6) > >>

hefdaddy42:
I didn't see a preexisting thread.

Anyone else a fan?  I find this to be an incredibly well-done show, better than expected from SyFy.  If you like science fiction or time travel, this is fantastic IMO.

gmillerdrake:
I know you and I have talked about this show in the TV thread. I totally dig this show and think it's really well done. I'd never have imagined they'd be able to take the material from the book/movie and turn it into what they have.

Very neat show.

bosk1:
Didn't know there was a TV series.  Even though the movie sucked, the premise was actually pretty cool, so this might be worth checking out.

gmillerdrake:

--- Quote from: bosk1 on May 31, 2016, 04:20:20 PM ---Didn't know there was a TV series.  Even though the movie sucked, the premise was actually pretty cool, so this might be worth checking out.

--- End quote ---

This show does a good job of not relying on the movie for too much other than the basic premise and character names. And it's expanded so far beyond the scope of the movie now, it's pretty cool.

It's a cool watch.

hefdaddy42:
TBH, I like this show a metric shit ton more than the film.  The film was messy and all over the place.

I think that Brad Pitt gave an interesting performance, and that has made it stick out more in the memories of some fans than the actual film warrants.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version