Author Topic: Godzilla Resurgence trailer (TOHO)  (Read 3937 times)

Offline The Trooper

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: Godzilla Resurgence trailer (TOHO)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 10:14:59 PM »
AWWWWW YISSSSSSSSSSSS! :metal Much better than the first "teaser".

The Godzilla design looked weird in the first promo poster a while back, but he looks good here seen properly. They've definitely changed the proportions to look less human in a suit, and the effects are looking better at integrating Godzilla with the live action (although Godzilla 2000 also did that much better than the later movies). Again, it looks like they're grounding this and dialing back the more extreme scifi elements, it almost looks like it's taking some cues from the 2014 Godzilla.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 01:17:19 AM »
Love the "bitch plz" look at 1:08!  :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 07:28:24 AM »
There is only so excited I can get about a man in suit.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 08:55:36 AM »
There is only so excited I can get about a man in suit.

Bloody millenials.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 09:00:18 AM »
:lol

I get very excited about a man in a giant lizard costume. What kind of weirdo doesn't?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 09:19:44 AM »
The shark in Jaws was a rubber prop and that's more scary than anything in any subsequent shark movies ever.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 09:30:23 AM »
awesome! Im so glad TOHO finally made another one. It looks like they used a mixture of cgi and a monster suit which is fine by me.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 10:25:19 AM »
I've never been a big Godzilla fan, but as this is being directed by Hideaki Anno I may need to check it out.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 10:53:12 AM »

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2016, 11:16:36 AM »
I like the concept of this Godzilla, during the closeups it looks super awesome but when you're able to see the whole thing it just looks terrible and ridiculous.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2016, 11:55:21 AM »
The enduring fascination with Godzilla is beyond my comprehension.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2016, 05:06:31 PM »
Will probably like this more than the Cranston one since at least Godzilla will be in it.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2016, 03:35:00 PM »
Will probably like this more than the Cranston one since at least Godzilla will be in it.

I dunno. I liked the build up to the reveal of Godzilla. Gareth Edwards knows how to build up tension and excitement, and his Godzilla did not disappoint. More reasons for me to be stoked about Rogue One

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2016, 07:13:43 PM »

I dunno. I liked the build up to the reveal of Godzilla. Gareth Edwards knows how to build up tension and excitement, and his Godzilla did not disappoint. More reasons for me to be stoked about Rogue One

Yeah, he built up and then cut away immediately.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2016, 08:02:25 PM »
Godzilla taking his sweet ass time showing showing up is practically a staple of the series.  I don't get why so many people complain about it now.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2016, 11:17:22 PM »
Godzilla taking his sweet ass time showing showing up is practically a staple of the series.  I don't get why so many people complain about it now.

He appears pretty quickly in a lot of the Japanese ones, then he's overexposed for the majority of the movie. Personally I think the slow pacing worked fairly well overall in the last Godzilla movie. It managed to build him up to the point that even just seeing him roar was exciting again, and it left you wanting more. But I also get why people wanted to see a bit more. The movie didn't hold up as well on second viewing for me because of that.

Nice avatar btw. :tup

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2016, 03:45:04 AM »
It was certainly frustrating being teased with Godzilla throughout the movie, but the ending more than made up for it. Plus, those other two monsters were cool to see.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2016, 01:13:36 PM »
I've never seen a Japanese Godzilla movie but I've seen pictures and now viewing that trailer I still think that upright-standing Japanese Godzilla is a ridiculous creature, it's not menacing as much as it's just a huge inconvenience to the city it roams, cause being upright and that size means it can't run and it can't lean forward or bend over without falling down and if it does fall there's no way it can get back up on it's feet again, just a sad existence hehe
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2016, 12:27:04 PM »
I've never seen a Japanese Godzilla movie but I've seen pictures and now viewing that trailer I still think that upright-standing Japanese Godzilla is a ridiculous creature, it's not menacing as much as it's just a huge inconvenience to the city it roams, cause being upright and that size means it can't run and it can't lean forward or bend over without falling down and if it does fall there's no way it can get back up on it's feet again, just a sad existence hehe

That's why the 98 Godzilla is the best Godzilla. It's the most believable by far.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2016, 12:28:50 PM »

That's why the 98 Godzilla is the best Godzilla. It's the most believable by far.
Yes, of course you're right.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2016, 01:15:55 PM »

I don't think so. It doesn't have any na'vi in it.