26 (39.4%)
Prince
19 (28.8%)
Both are outstanding
6 (9.1%)
Not a fan of either
15 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Author Topic: MJ vs Prince  (Read 3006 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: MJ vs Prince
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2016, 10:26:06 AM »
I prefer Prince a fair bit over MJ, although both are great. MJ had a spectacular peak, but when it comes to quantity of solid material Prince has him beat pretty handily.
This, no question.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2016, 01:25:56 AM »
Was just listening to Erotic City (b-side). Wow, how this didn't make Purple Rain?
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2016, 05:06:04 AM »
Nope. Cant Let Her Go Away, She Drives My Wild, Keep the Faith, Gone too Soon...
And there isn't one song as good as Don't Stop Till You Get Enough, Billie Jean or Smooth Criminal.

Considering that Dangerous is your fav MJ album, you will disagree with me but i'm just explaining why people don't like it as much as Off the Wall, Thriller or Bad.

Ah, but I love those songs lol. I will agree there isn't a single song off of Dangerous that it better than those that you listed, considering his BEST song is on HIStory....However as a whole album, start to finish, is one of his finest. I personally rank them as

1. Dangerous
2. Off The Wall
3. Thriller
4. Bad
5. Got To Be There
6. HIStory
7. Invincible
8. Ben
9. Forever Michael
10. Music & Me

I'm not including his post humous albums because most of the songs were incomplete

I'm still waiting to hear the unchanged version of behind the mask
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2016, 05:40:16 AM »
Was just listening to Erotic City (b-side). Wow, how this didn't make Purple Rain?

they actually played the unclean version on the local (Corporate) Oldies/Classic Rock radio station here in Minneapolis KOOL 108 on the day he died.