What album are you listening to? v.5

Started by hefdaddy42, April 16, 2016, 04:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Trooper

CharlesPL

Big Hath

Evermind

Curious how A Gentleman's Hurricane and I Am Anonymous covers look when put next to each other.
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Big Hath

Evermind

I meant it as "it's curious", not as "I'm curious". :lol
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Big Hath

jjrock88

Black Sabbath- Heaven and Hell

Black Sabbath- Mob Rules

Black Sabbath- Live Evil

Black Sabbath- Dehumanizer

Rules of Hell Box Set!

CharlesPL

ZKX-2099

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here. This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me.

home

It's been a while since I listened to this masterpiece by a slightly cracked soul.

Prog Snob

home

continuing to listen to this beatuifull madness, it's so perfect at the moment  :angel:

cfmoran13

Lowdz

Accept - metal heart, balls to the wall

Rush - p/g, power windows

Prince - purple rain. Strange coincidence. Came on the memory stick in the car hours before I heard the news. I don't listen to it often and I skipped the shit songs. So shocked when I got home and put the news on.

Tomislav95

Quote from: jakepriest on April 21, 2016, 02:07:21 PM
Quote from: Tomislav95 on April 21, 2016, 12:38:23 PM

:hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy
Totally :tup I can't believe I was disappointed with it on the first listen. Now I think it's one of the best releases of 2015.

jakepriest

I actually went through the same phases. I found it incredibly bland on the first listen. Now it's my favourite release of 2015.  :lol

Sacul

Crow

personally I'm still pretty disappointed in the latest riverside but ehhhh

Prog Snob

Crow

agalloch - ashes against the grain
this is less immediate than the mantle but i like it a fair bit, it feels like a deeper record to me. will need more spins before i really "get" it tho i think
swallow the sun - songs from the north iii
i kind of figured this disc wouldn't do as much for me as the other two and i was right but it's still... solid, at the very least
solstafir - svartir sandar
fjara is the kind of song i described as "makes me want to buy the band's entire discography" and yeah that's still true, but the rest of the songs don't really match up to it, though there are still plenty good tracks
ulver - shadows of the sun
this is the worst walking-to-work music ever, but also quite good. solitude is a bit melodramatic i guess, not a fan of it but the rest, nice

Prog Snob

Now, I remember seeing that when I was down in Disney.

Lowdz

Currently listening to my kids singing all the words to The Astonishing. #proud daddy

Cyclopssss

jjrock88

Prog Snob

Quote from: Lowdz on April 22, 2016, 12:49:58 AM
Currently listening to my kids singing all the words to The Astonishing. #proud daddy

Parenting level: Expert

Big Hath

Zydar

Lowdz

Hey cyclopsss. How is that Lita album? Darent risk it myself after hearing that awful thing from a few years ago.

Fates warning - parallels

Joe Bonamassa - blues of desperation