What album are you listening to? v.5

Started by hefdaddy42, April 16, 2016, 04:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sacul

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is actually a great album  :corn

jingle.boy

Quote from: Lowdz on April 26, 2016, 12:18:44 PM
Chrissy Steele - magnet to steele

Love it 'til it hurts!  Great album there Paul.
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Sacul

Why is it that I can only really listen to this album when I'm in the mood, and when I do, I wonder why it's not in my top 10? Maybe it's just the cold weather and my introspective mood...

Lowdz

Quote from: jingle.boy on April 26, 2016, 02:13:41 PM
Quote from: Lowdz on April 26, 2016, 12:18:44 PM
Chrissy Steele - magnet to steele

Love it 'til it hurts!  Great album there Paul.

Three very good female vocal albums!

Sacul

Ok, I'm not in the best of moods if I'm really feeling this album  :lol

The Trooper

Cause soundtracks and movies do not get more badass than this

Outcrier

Quote from: JustJen on April 26, 2016, 01:36:10 PM
Quote from: jakepriest on April 26, 2016, 01:35:45 PM
Quote from: JustJen on April 26, 2016, 01:31:30 PM
oh boy. so, DISCLAIMER:
I have a  13 year old daughter and we have an unspoken deal where she listens to my stuff and goes to my shows with me, and I do the same for her in return. So my Jeep has more of her CDs in there than my own.

You're lucky she doesn't listen to Kanye West then. :neverusethis:

I'd f'kin ground her.

Kanye West is great though.

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

JustJen

Quote from: Outcrier on April 26, 2016, 06:45:35 PM
Quote from: JustJen on April 26, 2016, 01:36:10 PM
Quote from: jakepriest on April 26, 2016, 01:35:45 PM
Quote from: JustJen on April 26, 2016, 01:31:30 PM
oh boy. so, DISCLAIMER:
I have a  13 year old daughter and we have an unspoken deal where she listens to my stuff and goes to my shows with me, and I do the same for her in return. So my Jeep has more of her CDs in there than my own.

You're lucky she doesn't listen to Kanye West then. :neverusethis:

I'd f'kin ground her.

Kanye West is great though.

Never actually heard him, was making a joke. I don't much care for him as a human based on what he puts out there though I know that. She wouldn't be into that kind of music anyhow.

Train of Naught

Not the kinda hiphop I dig, but I can understand some people enjoy Kanye's music putting aside his terrible singing, the music is pretty chill.

King Postwhore

Quote from: Outcrier on April 26, 2016, 06:50:12 PM
:huh:

I'm joking,  we're old. Lol.

I do wonder if people do not give him a chance because he's such a dick in real life.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Crow

i keep thinking back to the ihsahn album i listened to and i'm remembering it way more fondly in hindsight than i was when i first listened to it
i blame the saxophone, tbh, saxophone makes everything better

also i'm listening to 10,000 days, the tool album that's really pretty good for the first half with the back half being just decent

JustJen

Quote from: kingshmegland on April 26, 2016, 06:57:36 PM
Quote from: Outcrier on April 26, 2016, 06:50:12 PM
:huh:

I'm joking,  we're old. Lol.

I do wonder if people do not give him a chance because he's such a dick in real life.

Wouldn't be surprised in some cases, but for me I just don't listen to the radio pretty much ever. Between my own iPod and CD collection and my daughter's iPod and CD collection, and her playing pandora through the car stereo, I just never hear stuff like that. She's more into pop-punk I guess it's called. Stuff that would be on Warped Tour basically, and Green Day, Blink 182, etc.

Outcrier

Quote from: kingshmegland on April 26, 2016, 06:57:36 PM

This is one of the reasons. Another reason is that people generally think all hip hop is utter shite.

Despite his childish attitude sometimes and huge ego, dude has made a few classics (which is something extremely rare for mainstream hip hop).

Train of Naught

Ihsahn's After is awesome dude. I thought Arktis. was good but this one's way better, the sax definitely plays part in it.

Crow

i remember it being:
1. pretty diverse
2. saxophone
3. kinda awesome

i'm not sure how sold i am on ihsahn's harsh vocals though  :lol
anyways i need to figure out by friday what i'm gonna get, since y'know, haken
seventh wonder left a gap in my list and i'm stubborn about making it 25 albums for some reason since... well, i really want like pretty much all of them  :lol

King Postwhore

I'm not into rap but I do know there are artists that are very creative.  Just not my cup of tea.

Sacul

Quote from: Parama on April 26, 2016, 06:59:32 PM
i blame the saxophone, tbh, saxophone makes everything better
So much truth on that  :tup

Crow

you should've sent more sax, you'd have won my roulette

Sacul

Crow

Sacul

Probably me listening to Burial before it had something to do, but I'm really digging it now - just focusing on the atmosphere and the textures more than in the songwriting aspect, and having it as background music, helps quite a bit I guess.

Crow

honestly if i just start this from the second disc it's actually pretty good, but man, that first disc... why would you do that to your album
good in a different way from Pelagial and probably not as good, sure, but still good

Crow

i tried to listen to this, at least

but man, those vocals... can't take 'em, and a lot of the music isn't that awesome either.
i liked a prophet for a pound of flesh though, was pretty cool

Sacul

So gave it a listen now that the hype kinda died, and I actually liked it a lot. I'm no Kanye fan although I really like MBDTF, but I quite dig this. It's a fucking mess, but most ideas here are pretty good imo.

Crow

which/one

referring to "which version of the album there's a lot of different ones" :P
not that i've heard any of them, tho

Sacul

Crow

well it's not particularly metal but it's pretty damn good so i don't really care
kinda sad it's hard to get the physical copy of this, it was a limited edition is why, it looks like

reissue it you bastards

Outcrier

Found Life of Pablo just a decent 6. Too many weak songs and my favorite songs here don't even make my Kanye top 10.

Also, the ugly cover, all these tracklist changes, the release of "I Love Kanye", a near one minute acapella rap, as a fucking single  :facepalm:

jjrock88

Fates Warning - Darkness in a Different Light

RoeDent

The Tangent: Le Sacre du Travail

I haven't listened to this for a while, but it's a great album! I consider it a single piece in 5 movements.

home

Quote from: Sacul on April 26, 2016, 03:20:43 PM

Why is it that I can only really listen to this album when I'm in the mood, and when I do, I wonder why it's not in my top 10? Maybe it's just the cold weather and my introspective mood...
I feel exactly the same about this album, usually it's almost tedious, but at some moments its just so perfect  :angel: