News:

Video of online chat between fans and members of Dream Theater:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx8cLlXnHpA&feature=youtu.be (*no chickens were harmed during the filming of this chat)

Main Menu

wolfking's roulette to end all roulettes v. Kip Winger approved!

Started by wolfking, April 10, 2016, 04:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

the black mages - maybe i'm a lion

wow didn't see the next page

Elite

I'm also curious as to what the three bonus bands/songs are that people apparently submitted. Will you reveal those (partly) or do we have to wait until the results before we find out?
Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Quote from: home on May 09, 2017, 04:05:10 PMSqu
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

wolfking

Alright, here are the 3 bonus bands that were submitted;

Meshuggah - 7. Popular swedish extreme metal band, not sure if I would like them or not, oh and did I say they were popular, cause they are, very.

Anubis Gate - 8. Progressive metal band from Denmark, cool name with 2 words in the title and 6 albums

Native Construct - 9. Three piece that released their debut last year, they are from America

Crow

Train of Naught

Native Construct and Meshuggah were the only ones I knew off that list, I figured they would both likely not do too good, but that's what the bonus song is for :tup

I wish I could get into Meshuggah, they seem to get a lot of love but I just don't get it. I kinda like the main riff in Bleed but only for about 10 seconds

Elite

You have to get soaked into Meshuggah really, and be in the mood for it. Sometimes I can't listen to more than two tracks in a row, sometimes I can listen to a whole album. Their music is very hyptonosing, but in a brutal kind-of way. If you can get past the 8-stringer guitars and vocals, there's actually a lot to their music. Very technical, especially rhythmically.
Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:

jingle.boy

Quote from: Jamesman42 on Today at 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on Today at 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Dr. DTVT

I would have considered sending Anubis Gate myself.

jingle.boy

Quote from: Dr. DTVT on May 18, 2016, 04:23:20 PM

Don't worry, there's another bonus band that's more up your alley
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on Today at 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

Dr. DTVT

I haven't even tried to figure out the bonus bands.  I'm kicking most of your asses just fine as it is.

And now Kade will stop liking my submissions.  Damn hubris.

Evermind

Yeah, I sent Anubis Gate. Figured it won't hurt me one bit since it's basically an additional song to go with my original entry. Really nothing to lose here.
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

wolfking

Quote from: Dr. DTVT on May 18, 2016, 10:02:48 PM
I haven't even tried to figure out the bonus bands.  I'm kicking most of your asses just fine as it is.

And now Kade will stop liking my submissions.  Damn hubris.

Sounds like you are doubting yourself now Mason.

wolfking

Here's some thoughts.  Results tomorrow morning or lunch, so that's....errr.....20 hours or so from now.  Not all songs represented here and some bonus bands in there also;

I was fully expecting not to really like this, but this song is fucking brilliant.

It kept my interest and the guitar solo was particularly blazing

I just couldn't get my head around it and I couldn't listen to it more than twice.

Loved everything about this, great groove and just solid from start to finish

Pretty generic and standard power metal chorus but that's fine with me

Love the super heavy riff after the solo too, crushing

Once I got use to them, I really fucking liked this

Might even re spark my interest in this sort of music.

Crow

well meshuggah scored high  :lol
only one of those is really negative tho and i know it's not mine but these aren't descriptive enough for me to tell

wolfking

Crow

or they could be the one really negative one there too I guess, I'll be shocked if they're not either the first or third there  :corn

Bolsters

Bolsters™

Evermind

Quote from: wolfking on May 18, 2016, 10:30:29 PM
I just couldn't get my head around it and I couldn't listen to it more than twice.

Native Construct. :lol
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

bl5150

Train of Naught

Quote from: Evermind on May 18, 2016, 11:31:35 PM

Native Construct. :lol
Probably :lol Ca-Ra-Zu

Lowdz

Quote from: Dr. DTVT on May 18, 2016, 04:23:20 PM

They were on my list. Think I send them in Chad's last roulette.

bl5150

Elite

Lowdz

Mine could be in there. I certainly didn't send anything challenging though  :biggrin:

Train of Naught

I'm curious about this one, I thought we were all sending rock and metal here?

Evermind

Train of Naught

My band is like progressive metalcore or something but I like to think it qualifies as "generic powermetal" because that seemed like a pretty positive tidbit

jingle.boy

After last round where there were a lot of harsh comments, there's a lot of positivity there.  Good work team.

TAC

Pretty generic and standard power metal chorus but that's fine with me

This one is mine.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

wolfking

Quote from: Train of Naught on May 19, 2016, 02:12:52 AM
I'm curious about this one, I thought we were all sending rock and metal here?

That's right.

wolfking

Quote from: jingle.boy on May 19, 2016, 04:09:54 AM
After last round where there were a lot of harsh comments, there's a lot of positivity there.  Good work team.

This was overall a very strong round, very consistent too.

jingle.boy

Quote from: wolfking on May 19, 2016, 05:25:52 AM
Quote from: jingle.boy on May 19, 2016, 04:09:54 AM

This was overall a very strong round, very consistent too.

Well, that's awesome for you; possibly not so awesome for those trying to jump over the cut line, or move up in the standings.  My goal is to make it to the double song round, but being in 6th at the moment, with almost 2 full points to make up in two rounds, it's gonna be tough.  Not only to I have to fend of Tim, but I have to leap-frog Paul and Ruslan.  Ain't gonna be easy.

TAC

So, are there cuts after this round? if so, how many?

TAC

Quote from: wolfking on May 13, 2016, 02:22:05 PM

Standing after round 5;

Dr. DTVT - 44.4
bl5150 - 44.4
Big Hath - 43.8
Evermind - 43.7
lowdz - 42.8
jingle.boy - 41.9
TAC - 41.7
jjrock88 - 40.0
lonestar - 38.4
Train of Naut - 38.3
Bolsters - 38.2
Elite - 36.7
Parama - 34.8

Okay last round before 5 get cut.   

Never mind. I got it.