Author Topic: wolfking's roulette to end all roulettes v. Kip Winger approved!  (Read 98140 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That Innerwish CD is excellent.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I'll try and email the rest of my submissions. It's a bit of a hectic day and I wanted to get my song in.

How many songs are you submitting?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Dunno how many they have, but I've only heard the new one, and it really is, great metal.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Just give him a crotch chop and take the rest of the day off

Oh... wait... wrong roulette.

It is?  haha.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Dunno how many they have, but I've only heard the new one, and it really is, great metal.

It's a comeback after a quiet period with a different singer etc.......the consensus is that their old stuff isn't to the same level.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

It's a comeback after a quiet period with a different singer etc.......the consensus is that their old stuff isn't to the same level.

I would be impressed if it was.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'll try and email the rest of my submissions. It's a bit of a hectic day and I wanted to get my song in.

What do you mean RJ?  I don't really want too many early submissions to be honest if possible, unless people are going away and things like that.

I have everyones song except Paul and Mason.  You guys are on the ball.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Methinks he perhaps meant in future rounds he'll email them?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, I thought that.  I guess that's okay except for the potential cock blocking possibilities towards everyone else.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Yes, I meant in a timely fashion for future rounds. I just wanted to get the first round in and have a shit ton of VIP work going on for the next few days.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Kade, will you be posting the songs or anything that hints on the songs submitted when everyone's in? I remember you mentioned something along these lines a few weeks ago.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Lowdz

Just noticed the extra banned list at the bottom of the huge list whilst looking for you're email. There go a couple of possibilities >:( Should read the small print!

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
I know!  I was like WTF?! my list of possibilities was just cut in half! :lol
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I thought I'd cockblock Brent by sending Trail of Murder but it's not necessary now. :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
You're shockers you mob- what happened to the old Code of Ethics of not cock blocking with stuff you've been sent?  ;D  At least I can count on Chad to be a gentleman  :-*
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
At least I can count on Chad to be a gentleman  :-*

how low have our standards become?!?
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
At least I can count on Chad to be a gentleman  :-*

Then you can't count then.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16..................................... :metal

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

I thought the Jorn/ Holter was banned?

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
Funnily enough the extra banned list doesn't affect me at all  :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
You're shockers you mob- what happened to the old Code of Ethics of not cock blocking with stuff you've been sent?  ;D  At least I can count on Chad to be a gentleman  :-*

Or it could just be a ruse to lull you into a false sense of security.  :zydar:

Not sure if I'm offended or honored by the others' comments.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
With a couple of exceptions (which I may or may not use) I'd put money on the vast majority of my short listed bands being totally unknown to the other participants , so my concern about cock blocks at this point is roughly zero  :)  Which also means that I likely won't be cock blocking anyone either.............except maybe JJ in the 1st round  :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
To be honest, I was sure Trail of Murder was banned so I haven't even checked the banned list for it. :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Hopefully poor Kade hasn't been Blondie'd.

Just heard Call Me in a store. Thought of you, Brent! :P

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, sorry about those extra bands.  I should have been more thorough after I completed my list and double checked.

Kade, will you be posting the songs or anything that hints on the songs submitted when everyone's in? I remember you mentioned something along these lines a few weeks ago.

I will most probably just post the songs and let everyone figure out who sent what.  I'll do some tidbits also once I've listened a few times.

Also, if I could possibly get Paul's and Mason's song in the next 24 hours, I will start listening.

Offline Lowdz

Stupid iPad won't let me email a song. Will have to go upstairs to do it and... It's... So... Far... Away :biggrin:

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
No rush mate.  :tup

Offline Lowdz

Sent. Phew. Shattered now  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Got it, thanks Paul.

Just need Mason's song and I'll start the listening.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
sent link to personal upload via email

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Let the listening commence.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I have a general question for you guys.  As this is my first roulette I'm curious to know.  You'd think taking part in quite a few now I'd have more of an idea;

* For those who have run roulettes before, how many times do you listen to the songs each round?  I want to make sure rankings are fair with the amount of listens.

* What is the general or average time taken between submissions being in and results coming.  I want to keep things moving but not rush.  Seems like 4-5 days seems reasonable?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I had a similar number of participants to you and I was motoring at 4-5 days , so I think that's very reasonable.

I didn't listen to every single thing the exact same number of times.  I went for a minimum of 3-4 listens  (unless it was painful and that only happened once or twice) and then an extra 1-2 for those I was having trouble separating.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
Aight, I only hosted one and it wasn't optimal, but I think at this point I have a better grasp of how it's done properly.

Amount of listens varies to be honest, mostly go with your guts, listen to them until you think you know the songs well enough to rate them, but at the very least I think you should've listened to every song 3-4 times, more if needed, but I wouldn't go with less than 3 ever, even if I absolutely hate the song or if it's crazy impossible to understand.

And yeah, 4-5 days seems to be the optimal pace without rushing.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.