Author Topic: wolfking's roulette to end all roulettes v. Kip Winger approved!  (Read 99793 times)

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That Ghost Ship Octavius album definitely comes with my highest recommendations as well, if that means anything to you. In Dreams isn't the song that I'd send from it - I'd probably go with Pendulum - but it's at worst solid from start to finish, so you can't really go wrong either way.

Yeah, I definitely will.

I'm flabbergasted you've never heard anything from Tesla or Vicious Rumors

Yeah bro, knew the names but never heard a single thing.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
No rush for submissions, I won't be back in until Sunday night.  Have a good weekend boys!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
For Kade, I would've sent Cumin' Atcha Live from Tesla.
From the Crue, maybe Ten Seconds To Love or Bastard.
I've never heard a single note from Vicious Rumors.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
NotReallySurprised.gif

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Well, I ain't gonna complain, since I still scored north of 8.  Thought the guitar elements would've been a bit more of an earworm, but I'm good with this.  Edison's isn't my fave song by them - Modern Day Cowboy takes that crown - but I thought this might appeal to Kade most.  Still kinda bummed that Kickstart My Heart was one he knew.

Know exactly what I'm sending this round.  Going right to the intersection Kade drive and Wolfking blvd, and checking into the smackdown hotel.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Sent yo...

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Well....shit. :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
i feel you bro

for this round i'm submitting a song someone sent me in my roulette that i quite like, next round i'm going to submit a 16 minute folk black metal epic and get 0 points

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
Sent.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
Ouch.. and I thought you gave me a hard time in this roulette :lol some tough scores here. I kinda strayed away from everything Tesseract/VftF and related after the meh words about the singer of my Earthside song, it's not the same singer but they both sang for Tesseract at some point.

Glad you dug Xerath, I was doubtful sending this in Bolsters' for some reason, but I didn't think twice sending it to you, got some Soilwork vibes from it myself too, and Trivium like I mentioned.

:metal Fucking salute to you for sending Hard Rock Hallelujah Dave, brought back some good old memories.

I'll send tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 09:59:41 PM by Train of Naught »
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Parama - He Fails Again. I mean, I laughed at this 5.1, then I scrolled down and saw Dave with his 4.0. :rollin That's rough.

On the other hand, extremely glad that I won the round competing against such a crowd of players. :metal Had a good feeling about this All Seeing Eyes song, nice to see a great score for it.

Also you might want to change the thread title.

Mason... time to send Sleepytime Gorilla Museum.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
You know the thing that sucks so hard about playing in a roulette with someone who's tastes are so close to my own?  Listening to the songs he gets.  Mother fucker all the ones that finished ahead of my are BALLS!!!!  I thought that I was done having to discover - and shell out for - new bands/music. 

Fuck you... fuck you all. :evilmonkey: :getoffmylawn: 
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
Did you listen to mine? :neverusethis:

Offline Lowdz

For Kade, I would've sent Cumin' Atcha Live from Tesla.
From the Crue, maybe Ten Seconds To Love or Bastard.
I've never heard a single note from Vicious Rumors.

Digital Dictator is by far their best. The first album with Vinnie Moore isn't very good, his playing apart. The two albums after DD were OK, some very good songs but a bit of filler..

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
The only letdown with Digital Dictator is the traditional muffled Shrapnel production - latter albums sounded a lot better at least.  One track I considered sending here (and one of my all time fave metal ballads) is When Love Comes Down.

If you haven't heard it Warball (2006) is pretty decent too. Unfortunately they never quite nailed every single thing on one album and had a ridiculous number of band members over time (some forced - the death of Carl Albert  :'(  )   Still - a great , under rated band.

Fuck you...

You're most welcome.  ;D
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!

Mason... time to send Sleepytime Gorilla Museum.

Just because you didn't like them...

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Sent a band that I expected to be well and truly gone by now - I was happy to let it slide , but not for them to pop up in finals  :biggrin:
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I think Word of Mouth from Vicious Rumors is an absolute gem.  Very underrated and probably just behind DD as my favorite.  Warball was decent, but doesnt even come close to the Albert era.

Offline Lowdz

I think Word of Mouth from Vicious Rumors is an absolute gem.  Very underrated and probably just behind DD as my favorite.  Warball was decent, but doesnt even come close to the Albert era.

Hmm, Word of Mouth didn't do anything for me. Haven't played it since around the time I bought it. Was very disappointed at the time. Not given VRs later stuff much of a go either.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Hmm, Word of Mouth didn't do anything for me. Haven't played it since around the time I bought it. Was very disappointed at the time. Not given VRs later stuff much of a go either.

Give it another chance Paul

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

I will have to revisit WoM ...............a very quick survey of Metal Archives has Warball avg 91% (3 ratings) and Word of Mouth 77% (3 ratings) so make of that what you will.  As a rule I prefer the Albert era too , so will play it soonish.

Any pics of your night with Iron Maiden Kade?

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
R5 sent

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Know exactly what I'm sending this round.  Going right to the intersection Kade drive and Wolfking blvd, and checking into the smackdown hotel.

Holy shit, expectations just went through the roof my good man!

Well....shit. :lol

Sorry mate, I tried, I really did.

You know the thing that sucks so hard about playing in a roulette with someone who's tastes are so close to my own?  Listening to the songs he gets.  Mother fucker all the ones that finished ahead of my are BALLS!!!!  I thought that I was done having to discover - and shell out for - new bands/music. 

Fuck you... fuck you all. :evilmonkey: :getoffmylawn: 

Glad you approve of my rankings Chad haha.

Did you listen to mine? :neverusethis:

Yes, unfortunately, many times.  :lol

I will have to revisit WoM ...............a very quick survey of Metal Archives has Warball avg 91% (3 ratings) and Word of Mouth 77% (3 ratings) so make of that what you will.  As a rule I prefer the Albert era too , so will play it soonish.

Any pics of your night with Iron Maiden Kade?

Nah mate, I am so cheap I don't even have a phone that can take decent photos.  :lol  Just enjoyed the show.  The guy next to me held his phone and recorded the whole fucking thing, couldn't believe it.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Okay, looks like I'm waiting on Chad, Mason, Paul and Ruslan, I think.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Sorry dude, shoulda mentioned... check your Spotify inbox.  I don't have the actual song.  Hopefully it's available in Oz.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Sorry dude, shoulda mentioned... check your Spotify inbox.  I don't have the actual song.  Hopefully it's available in Oz.

Got a copy of it, thanks Chad.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Just Paul, Mason and Ruslan to go

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
Sent.  It's only a matter of time before Kade doesn't like one of my "obvious" choices.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Um, apologies but I think I'll get my entry in by tomorrow morning (~13-14 hours from now on). Need to sleep on this one.

Offline Lowdz

Sent earlier.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Um, apologies but I think I'll get my entry in by tomorrow morning (~13-14 hours from now on). Need to sleep on this one.

That's fine Ruslan.  Don't think too hard mate.  :tup

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
To be honest, I'm not thinking too hard. Just had a few beers and too lazy to send today. :biggrin:

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
To be honest, I'm not thinking too hard. Just had a few beers and too lazy to send today. :biggrin:

haha all good.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Alright, sent. Not too confident, but I think it's a great song.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Alright, all in.

Here's something to ponder right away.  I don't know if certain people are screwing with me or if it's complete coincidence but two people have sent me the exact same song.