jjrocks rocking roulette rocks!! jjrocks rocking winner rocks!!

Started by jjrock88, April 09, 2016, 02:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

bl5150

Quote from: TAC on May 18, 2016, 05:34:35 AM

I had enough of that in the first 10 rounds.

Most of us have - the guy making the moves is called Bonus Point and he is managed by some guy called JJ. ;D

jjrock88

Big Hath

wolfking

splent

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

jjrock88

TAC

Quote from: jjrock88 on May 18, 2016, 06:28:15 PM
With opening bands White Lion and Autograph

Actually saw both back in the day, as well as 3/4's of Winger (before there was a Winger)
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

jjrock88

Quote from: TAC on May 18, 2016, 06:33:42 PM

Actually saw both back in the day, as well as 3/4's of Winger (before there was a Winger)

Tim is getting upset!!

splent

My dads band is opening for Night Ranger Memorial Day weekend. They've also opened for foreigner, loverboy, Joan Jett, and others.

wolfking

Quote from: TAC on May 18, 2016, 03:12:00 PM
Quote from: splent on May 18, 2016, 03:06:03 PM

Winger listening party.

Indeed, it's that fucking hot.

Quote from: splent on May 18, 2016, 08:12:33 PM
My dads band is opening for Night Ranger Memorial Day weekend. They've also opened for foreigner, loverboy, Joan Jett, and others.

That's cool shit.

bl5150

wolfking

jjrock88

:metal

That sounds like cougarville!!!

wolfking

Quote from: jjrock88 on May 18, 2016, 11:02:24 PM

Fuck, I'd be all over that.

TAC

Quote from: jjrock88 on May 18, 2016, 08:11:59 PM
Quote from: TAC on May 18, 2016, 06:33:42 PM

Tim is getting upset!!

:lol

Quote from: jjrock88 on May 18, 2016, 11:02:24 PM

:lol

Splent, what instrument does your father play? If you don't mind me asking, how old is he?

splent

TAC

Quote from: splent on May 19, 2016, 04:47:40 AM
He's the singer. He's 55

I sure hope you weren't conceived backstage back in the day! ;D

jjrock88

Little known fact:

Splents mother is Tawny Kitaen

Update coming soon!!!

jjrock88

Alright.  Overtime results:

Brent:

Letter7- Mystery:  Catchy, melodic and heavy.  The triple threat of jjrock.  Fantastic song and one of my favorites of the roulette. 5

Stormwitch- Welcome to Bedlam:  I am familiar with Ravonlord from Stormwitch, but haven't heard much more from them.  This is another of Brents old school metal, which suits me fine!  Similar to Lizzy Borden. 4.5

Animal- Eye of the Storm:  Take WASP and turn it up a notch.  And no wonder, its Randy Piper from WASP and this song just kicks all kinds of ass. 5

Knight Fury- The Message:  An all star lineup of rockers and this tune is just pedal to the metal.  I think I'm catching on that Brent knows what songs to send in roulettes! 4.5

Striker- All the Way:  A newer Canadian band that plays NWOBHM.  I can't believe that I haven't heard of these guys.  But this is a perfect example of a newer metal band playing old school metal at its best.  Great choice! 5

Twisted Tower Dire- The Reflecting Pool:  And just for Brent to top things off, a longer metal song with some progressive touches.  Very cool song and like all of Brents songs, I enjoyed this one.  4.5

28.5/30

Splent:

Angra-Deus le Volt and Spread Your Fire:  Angra will fall into the category with Hammerfall, Stratovarious, and Edguy.  Like them, but have never felt the need to look into them beyond some hits. 4

Chimp Scanner- Dark Age of Technology:  This is great stuff.  I've been getting into instrumentals the last few years and this is just a kick ass shred fest.  4.5

Living Colour- Cult of Personality:  This is the only song from Living Colour that I know of.  But when I hear it daily on the radio, I always enjoy it.  CM Punk is the first thing that comes to mind.  4

Sonata Arctica- Still Loving You:  Great Scorpions cover!  This is a cover done right.  Not a clone, but they put their own spin on it.  Good stuff!  4

John Petrucci- Glasgow Kiss:  I need to check out John's solo stuff more.  This is absolutely awesome and right up there with the shredders from the Shrapnel albums. 5

Queen- I Want it All:  I'm only familiar with the radio hits of Queen, so I can't say I've ever heard this one before.  But I really enjoyed it, and actually liked it more than alot of their big hits.  4

25.5/30

@Brent- Congrats dude!!  I think you were probably the favorite going into this thing and you didn't disappoint.  Some classic old school metal songs at their best!  I'm sure you didn't think it would come neck and neck finish with Splent though.  Congrats once again!

@Splent- Fantastic effort Spencer!  You almost pulled this thing off and even made it closer then I thought in Overtime.  Honor having you!  However, ironically, it was a Japanese bonus song that caused you to lose.

Once again, thanks for everyone who played and followed!!

Sir GuitarCozmo

Brent clearly has the biggest house.

On the biggest hill.

On the biggest side of town.

Evermind

Yeah, I was sure Brent had this in the bag. Good job.

Sucks for splent, but hey, you can't always do the Japanese-bonus-point thing to secure you victory.
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

jingle.boy

Wow... that was a good showing by Splent.  Good choices.

Congrats to another win by Brent.  He's got this roulette thing licked.
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Train of Naught

Glasgow Kiss :hefdaddy great choice splent!

Congrats Brent, 2 in a row! How the hell do you do it

splent

Congrats Brent.  :metal  I had a feeling.

I am happy to see I came closer than I thought though. :lol

wolfking

Good fight from Splent there at teh end, well done.

Well done Brent.

bl5150

Thanks guys- and a strong effort by splent there.

- I was expecting some Ric Flair action..........looks like I need to BYO

Now if you'll all excuse me I need to train up for my next challenge..............the wolfking roulette finals

and then entertain some of the finest women in the world today

wolfking

Quote from: bl5150 on May 19, 2016, 03:34:57 PM
Now if you'll all excuse me I need to train up for my next challenge..............the wolfking roulette finals

Hell yeah.  Just don't fall over at the finish line.

TAC

Quote from: jjrock88 on May 19, 2016, 11:43:53 AM
Little known fact:

Splents mother is Tawny Kitaen

Well that would explain Splent's father's black eye.

bl5150

Quote from: jjrock88 on May 19, 2016, 12:25:41 PM

Queen- I Want it All:  I'm only familiar with the radio hits of Queen

Most of your Japanese bonus songs were not radio hits out here but this one was  :)

What were your thoughts on my (bonus) instrumental Jay?

jjrock88

Quote from: bl5150 on May 19, 2016, 03:34:57 PM

Thanks guys- and a strong effort by splent there.

- I was expecting some Ric Flair action..........looks like I need to BYO

and then entertain some of the finest women in the world today

Top post of the roulette. It might be a little late, but 2 Japanese bonus points!!

And I really enjoyed that instrumental bonus song. Right up my alley as well, would have gotten you a 4.5 or a 5

Lowdz

Well done Brent. Some stuff there for me to check out. I had Striker lined up all the way through, just kept sending somehting else.