Author Topic: jjrocks rocking roulette rocks!! jjrocks rocking winner rocks!!  (Read 64456 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Splent, I had one round in The TAC Roulette that was so bad, everybody LOST points.

Bolster should make it mandatory that anyone who plans on hosting a roulette study the TAC roulette and write an exam on it afterwards

Like this?  https://youtu.be/GlN3oEjMpUQ?t=6
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Splent, I had one round in The TAC Roulette that was so bad, everybody LOST points.

Bolster should make it mandatory that anyone who plans on hosting a roulette study the TAC roulette and write an exam on it afterwards

:rollin

Of course. What an honor to have that in the thread

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Thanks Jerk Boy. I opened the link and crashed my computer! Posting this from my phone! ;D

You are very generous. 
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS

:rollin

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

:lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Any day I can pull off a Kip-roll is a good day.

#sparksfly

:TAC:

Ya know... in 15 months, when jingle.daughter is 17, I'm gonna hate the shit out of this song!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder

It's under consideration.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
By the way splent , this was my wildcard submission

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=em_WYo4sVg8#t=62

You might as well concede now because I am getting a 15/10  :lol
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
Fuck. :rollin

How the hell am I supposed to compete with that? :lol
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Both Brent and Splent will get 15/10 for those glorious wild cards!

So it remains Even Steven!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Big update on Sunday!!

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Big update on Sunday!!

Brent wins

Or another person who has a name that rhymes with "Brent"  :tup

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
TACent?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
It sure ain't jinglent

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Lol

You also still can't rule out Hathent, everent, paulent, wolfent and the fluffent

Tommorow I will reveal the "ent"

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Haley Joel Osment?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Clark Kent?

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
jjrockent

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
jjrockent

Amazing mind freak stuff again. Yes, It's the first time a host has won his own roulette!!  Details tommorow!

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
So which ent won

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
:frodo:
:bilbo:
:gollum:
:lotr:
:sauron:
:mordor:

EDIT: OMG I found one :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Alright, time for a major update!!

First, the Spent wild cards:

Round 1:

Styx- Miss America- Just like Journey and Foreigner, I am a greatest hits type guy for Styx.  I enjoy what I hear from them, but wouldn't dig deep into their discography that much.  I've heard this one and I've always dug it, but its just a song that I can listen to and move on without much impact.  7.5

No change with the 7.5 from round 1

Round 3:

Winter Rose- I'll Never Fall in Love Again:  I'm sure most on DTF have heard the album from Winter Rose.  To me its just great hair metal.  Maybe a tad generic, but still very solid material.  But I've never felt the need to go out of my way to listen to it often though.  8

7.5 changes to an 8

Round 10 results!!!

Brent:

Slaughter- Fly to the Angels:  Chad served this up for somebody on a silver platter and Brent cashed in big time.  He can thank Chad for the assist.  Now Brent jumped into the vat of grease and immediately clotheslined Splent.  However, Splent did a leg sweep and took down Brent and both were rolling around in the grease before being broken up by 4 rocking roulette referees.  Both were chirping at each other and both had their heads bobbing like Steve Austin.  11

Splent:

Zebra- Tell Me What You Want:  For the first time in the roulette, Splent failed at the bonus song.  I've tried to get into Zebra in the past, but just something didn't click with me.  I do actually really like this song though, and that's probably a reason why its their biggest hit.  8

Evermind:

Unisonic- Unisonic:  Why I haven't checked out this band yet is a mystery.  Fantastic song and anyone that is into Keeper era Helloween, this is a must listen.  I'm sure Tim has made mention of this band, but I can't recall his comments.  If anyone would love this, its him!  9.5

TAC:

Riot- Metal Warrior:  I'm familiar with Restless Breed, Fire Down Under and Thundersteel from Riot.  I haven't heard anything from them since their mid 80's albums.  Well, 30 years later, they are still sounding the same and still kicking major ass.  I do notice that Johnny the Seal has been working out the last few decades.  9

Fluff:

Stevie Ray Vaughan- Say What:  Everything I've heard from SRV has been great and enjoyable.  And how could anyone actually dislike his guitar playing.  The talent on this man is impressive.  Cool selection Fluff.  8

Chad:

War Machine- Eternally:  Only 31 views on youtube when I played this one.  This is clearly a unknown melodic rock song, and everything about it is great.  Very catchy song and I'm surprised I've never heard the name before.  Are they a spin offf from Harem Scarem or is Harry Hess just helping out?  Great song!  8.5

Paul:

Crazy Lixx- 21 til I die:  A modern take on the LA sleeze sunset strip rock scene.  And it really works!  Just a cool song and I would be interested in hearing if all of their material is a throw back to this sound.  9

Hath:

Cans- Beyond the Gate:  Solo material from the lead singer of Hammerfall and not surprisingly, it sounds just like Hammerfall.  I've mentioned before that I've tried to get into HF a few times and while I enjoy their albums, I just didn't become a huge fan.  I found this song to be better then alot of HF's material though.  Really good song.  8

Wolf: 

Stratovarious- Black Diamond:  Another band that I've heard their big hits, but didn't really connect with them.  Great European metal and I know the one song I really liked from them was "Kiss of Judas".  I can see why they have the following that they do though.  Another great song from Wolf!  8.5

Brent wild card

Round 5

Moahni Moahna- The Quest or the Unholy Sword:  Hmmm, this was a strange selection from Brent and threw me for a bit of a loop.  Most of this song is right up my alley with a bit of a Rainbow vibe.  But some of this song is a little weird.  Its progressive for sure, but I would say its my least favorite of the songs that you have sent me.  8

No change with the 8 from round 5.

Final point totals including wild cards:

Brent- 9,9,9.5,9.5,8,9,9.5,10,10,11=94.5
Splent- 7.5,11,8,8,11,8,11,11,11,8=94.5
Chad-8.5,7.5,10,9,8.5,11,9.5,9,9,8.5=90.5
TAC-8.5,8,8,8,9,9.5,10,9,9.5,9=88.5
Hath-9,8,8.5,9,8.5,9.5,9.5,9.5,9,8=88.5
Wolf- 9.5,8.5,8.5,8,9,8.5,11,8.5,8.5,8.5=88.5
Lowdz-8.5,7.5,9,9,9,10,9,8.5,8,9=87.5
Evermind-8,8,8,8.5,10,9,7,8,7,9.5=83
Fluffy-7,6,7,7,8,6.5,6,6.5,6.5,8=68.5

Well this is interesting and probably the only way to resolve this roulette is a one on one match between Brent and Splent.  The Vegas odds were probably 500-1 for Splent at the beginning of this roulette and he has been impressive with his stratergy :biggrin:.   Spent has a cult following, but he clearly has his work cut out for him!

Overtime rules!!

Firstly, no Japanese bonus songs or points or wild cards.  Both Brent and Splent will have to send six songs.  All six songs will be marked 1-5.  The best score out of 30 will be the rocking roulette winner!

Take your time in sending your songs, no rush at all.

Special thanks to the eliminated players!!

@Chad- Always a pleasure to have the Chadster involved.  You clearly sent some kick ass tunes, plus you have done a great job monitoring the Ric Flair and Seinfeld gifs.  I owe you one BBQ Blue Jay burger for your efforts!

@Lowdz- When it comes to melodic rock, Paul has a masters degree.  I always respect his rock opinions and he didn't let me down with his selections!  Thanks for playing!

@TAC- Tim knows what he is talking about when it comes to rock music, and everyone knows it.  I just hope Tim didn't wake up in a cold sweat with some of his arch enemy songs showing up in this roulette.  But it is Tim's sense of humor that makes him one of the most beloved posters in DTF history.

@Fluff- Like I mentioned a few pages back, I appreciate the effort greatly, even though the scores weren't the best.  I will use the same analogy I used with Chad in his roulette.  Both Fluff and myself live in Rock City, but just in different subdivisions.  But we are only a few bus transfers away.  Great effort and Fluff has the heart of a lion.  Or I guess an ape based on his avatar.

@Hath- Probably the most passionate player and one of the most consistent players.  When those darn Japanese bonus songs appeared, Hath's blood would boil.  But instead of blowing his stack, he would just come back with another great song after great song.  Honor having you!

@Evermind- A class act in the world of roulettes!  Some of his songs may not have gotten the best scores, but he also sent some of the best songs of the roulette.  Everyone likes EM, and there is a reason why!  Thanks for joining dude!

@Wolf- There is a reason why Kade is probably the top rocker in the world.  He rocks.  I just wish he would have cashed in on the very rare Japanese bonus points of 15/10.  He just needed to send me the video of him ripping on the guitar and showing his crazy skills (don't think about sending that clip Splent lol)

Thanks again guys!!

Top songs of the roulette in no specific order:

Zool-Snake Eyes
Cacophony-Concerto
Redemption-The Suffocating
Jaded Heart-Aint a Perfect World
Hibria-Screaming Ghost
Overlorde-Snow Giant
Trail of Murder-Some Stand Alone
Empires of Eden-Hammer Down
Liege Lord-Fallout
Artch-Living in the Past
Helker-No Chance to Be Reborn
Racer X-Superheroes
Mcauley Schenker-Anytime
Star One-Master of Darkness
Heavens Gate-Livin in Hysteria
Snake Eyes-Time of Dismay
Black Tora-Fuel My Hunger
Q5-Missing in Action
Malice-Breathing Down Your Neck

And of course, how could we forget..........Winger-Seventeen

And now the full Japanese bonus song list:

Winger- Seventeen
White Lion- Wait
Mr Big- Addicted to that Rush
Autograph- Turn Up the Radio
Slaughter-Fly to the Angels
Great White-Once Bitten, Twice Shy
Bulletboys-Smooth Up in Ya
Bon Jovi-You Give Love a Bad Name
LA Guns- Ballad of Jayne
Extreme-More than Words
Night Ranger-Sister Christian
Lita Ford-Kiss Me Deadly
Vixen-Edge of a Broken Heart
Britny Fox-Girlschool
Damn Yankees-High Enough
Danger Danger-Naughty Naughty
Hurrican-I'm on to You
Jackyl- I stand Alone
Lynch Mob- Wicked Sensation
Kix- Don't Close Your Eyes

So now there are two:  Brent vs Spent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: jjrocks rocking roulette rocks!! Overtime: Brent vs Splent!
« Reply #690 on: May 15, 2016, 02:22:43 PM »
 :omg:

The ultimate showdown.  Gonna be good, you got your work cut out for you now Splent!  :lol

Thanks Jason, great roulette, very enjoyable.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #691 on: May 15, 2016, 02:30:35 PM »
Dammit!!!! I almost sent Vixen!!!!! Well, I lost. Congrats Brent :lol

I may have a few tracks you may find enjoyable. I have to completely do a 180 strategy wise. I'm going to pick up a few of these tracks you found most enjoyable... We shall see how that works out.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #692 on: May 15, 2016, 02:31:21 PM »
Rooting for Brent here. Go Brent!
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #693 on: May 15, 2016, 02:41:57 PM »
Brent- 9,9,9.5,9.5,8,9,9.5,10,10,11=94.5
Splent- 7.5,11,8,8,11,8,11,11,11,8=94.5

Glad to have been a part of it, and made the visit to your neck of Rock City.  Was a great roulette... sad to see it end (for most of us).

I had a feeling that there'd be a Bulletboys tune on the list, and knew Extreme would be there - just didn't know which track.  I correctly predicted Bon Jovi, and if it wasn't gonna be Wanted Dead or Alive, it would surely be You Give Love a Bad Name.

As for WarMachine... Darren Smith played drums for them at one point, and I think Harry produced this album, with the chorus contribution on that track.  I've seen them live a few times, and they are fun (and fucking loud!).  They aren't quite as melodic as this tune is, more metal-y... but kind of an 'alternative' metal if I had to describe it.  Second album is especially heavy.

@Chad- Always a pleasure to have the Chadster involved.  You clearly sent some kick ass tunes, plus you have done a great job monitoring the Ric Flair and Seinfeld gifs.  I owe you one BBQ Blue Jay burger for your efforts!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #694 on: May 15, 2016, 03:20:38 PM »
tbh i'll be a bit upset if brent doesn't win because splent only scored this high due to all the japanese bonus points  :lol

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #695 on: May 15, 2016, 03:30:15 PM »
I thought I was doing better than that!  :biggrin:

Those bloody bonus songs did for me.
I had several of those bands on the list but wouldn't have sent those songs.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #696 on: May 15, 2016, 04:12:49 PM »
So wait! The roulette is over?? I thought those were the warm up rounds!

.and I lost to J Boy??  :facepalm:

Thank you for the kind words Jason. I'm flying you in for my eulogy.................................next week!

Apparently I was too late for the Bonus Points anyway!

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #697 on: May 15, 2016, 04:19:14 PM »
Slaughter- Fly to the Angels:  Chad served this up for somebody on a silver platter and Brent cashed in big time.  He can thank Chad for the assist. 

Just call me AA, The Enforcer.

Though I passed Brent the foreign object to get the tying fall, I feel like going with a full on heel-turn on him, and giving Splent some pointers.   :biggrin:

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #698 on: May 15, 2016, 04:22:43 PM »
I'd rather lose than send Slaughter!
Apparently! :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #699 on: May 15, 2016, 04:53:28 PM »
Rooting for Brent here. Go Brent!

Thanks mate   :)

I think I may have some leftovers  :biggrin:   

I have already sent Jay an instrumental as a bonus ,so that can be Track 1.

Five others coming later today.   One thing I like to do where I can is send the host a band from his country - so I will make one of 'em Canadian. I know you like your Christian metal , so we'll get one of those in there too.

EDIT : Changed my mind - will send 6 new tracks.  Would like your thoughts on the instrumental bonus track too though :)

« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 06:15:42 PM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au