Author Topic: jjrocks rocking roulette rocks!! jjrocks rocking winner rocks!!  (Read 64425 times)

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, should've sent Winger. :lol

Fine, now that I'm not winning this for sure, I can send something non-metal because why not.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Damn... the perfect/near perfect scores were being handed out like candy at the Willy Wonka factory!  Gotta stay sharp with this crew.  I had a feeling that 17 would be a bonus song, but wasn't thinking Lita.

Damn... this means that Wolf has a dud score to drop, and can shoot up the rankings.

Gonna need me another day to decide which taste of Italy I'm sending.  I got an ace up my sleeve, but looking to see if I can find a Joker.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'll obviously cash in my first round score, but will have to have a good think about what to send instead.

Jason, do I send my round 1 resubmission first, or can I just send that one and one for round 8 at the same time.  Sorry, should have followed a little more closely.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I'll send something either tonight or tomorrow morning .........tempted to try and do something about the bonus point thing but I have zero feel for what made US/CAN radio - I don't think I have ever heard one of the Jap bonus tracks so far on mainstream radio in Australia.

Will just keep doing what i do - if I can maintain the consistency I might end up with the highest losing score in roulette history  :biggrin:
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

Glad you liked the Talisman. All their albums are pretty good but all contain some filler. I started with a best of which did the job. Genesis is my favourite, Humanimal is heavier. Almost sent the title track.

I completely missed winger not being on your list. How?

The question is, is it worth trying to guess a mystery song? May have to try.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Sented  :metal
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Round 8 is officially open!

Wolf has one wild card to use and Splent has two.

Kade, you can send me your wild card anytime you want. Just let me know which round you want to replace.

Spencer has already sent me one of his wild card songs a few hours ago, so I should have his updated round 3 posted today.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Cool man, I'll have a think for now, but I'll send round 8 in about an hour.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Wolf:

Winger- Seventeen:  Of course this stupid song is a bonus song!  This is the song that has consumed us at DTF for how long?  I just can't believe it took till round 7 for someone to send it, I figured it was a gimme for somebody early on.  I was just kind of hoping that Tim would have sent it; this would have been the ultimate irony.  11

TAC: 

Mcauley Schenker- Anytime:  Another TAC classic!!  I am a big fan of MSG, especially the first two albums.  In regards to Mcauley Schenker, I've heard "Save Yourself" and this one before, and really liked them, but never looked into them any further because the Save Yourself album seemed so hard to find.  I really should look into this closer because this ballad is exactly the reason I have a shoe box of bics.  Really the definition of an 80s power ballad and awesome stuff.  And Tim, before your blood pressure goes through the roof, yes its true.  You are getting a perfect score, but still lost to Winger.  10

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
OK sent next round.

Looking for Japanese Bonus Points AND Canadian Bonus Points!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Serenity now!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I can't believe that this will be the roulette that J Boy finally beats me.  Fucking JJ's!

I just sent the best song of the roulette and JJ sent it back for being too good.  :facepalm:

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I can't believe that this will be the roulette that J Boy finally beats me.  Fucking JJ's!

In your face, Boston!!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That is not right!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline Lowdz

Sent. This might go spectacularly wrong if it's not one of Jason's bonus songs  :biggrin:

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Sent. This might go spectacularly wrong if it's not one of Jason's bonus songs  :biggrin:

My Sharona?

Offline Lowdz

My Sharona?

No. PC 69 are banned now! Jk, I know it's a cover, but I'd never heard the original before hearing PC69's.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
I'm curious, has anyone sent a bonus song entry attempt and NOT gotten the bonus?
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I'm curious, has anyone sent a bonus song entry attempt and NOT gotten the bonus?

Who the hell do you think??

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Who the hell do you think??

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
ok round 3 update with Splent bonus

Journey:  Feeling My Way/Anytime:  Like Kansas, I only have a greatest hits from Journey and enjoy most of it.  Actually Separate Ways is one of my favorite rock songs of the 80s.  I'm aware that before the commerical era of Journey, they had a different sound in the 70s; but I really havent looked into it that much.  I believe this song is from the first album with Steve on the vocals and its a very different sound then what I know from Journey.  Its a tad proggy with the normal sap I would expect from Journey.  I liked it but can't say I would go out of my way to check out anything further from 70s Journey.  Still enjoyable overall.  7

So Splent, you still remain with a 7 score for round 3

Splent and Wolf remain with 1 wild card

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
ok round 3 update with Splent bonus

Journey:  Feeling My Way/Anytime:  Like Kansas, I only have a greatest hits from Journey and enjoy most of it.  Actually Separate Ways is one of my favorite rock songs of the 80s.  I'm aware that before the commerical era of Journey, they had a different sound in the 70s; but I really havent looked into it that much.  I believe this song is from the first album with Steve on the vocals and its a very different sound then what I know from Journey.  Its a tad proggy with the normal sap I would expect from Journey.  I liked it but can't say I would go out of my way to check out anything further from 70s Journey.  Still enjoyable overall.  7

So Splent, you still remain with a 7 score for round 3

Splent and Wolf remain with 1 wild card

Dang it I KNEW I should have sent La Do Da :lol
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Sent a blistering 80's TAC Metal Classic from 1984.

To hell with Japanese Bonus Points. They suck!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Haha, bitter much?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Haha, bitter much?

Haha, mutter bitch!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Haha, bitter much?

Haha, mutter bitch!

Be careful Tim, a Kip pic could be incoming.  :tup

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
It can't get any worse! :lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Anytime is an UNBELIEVABLE song.  So freakin' good on every level.

And Talisman is killer also.  I've only heard the first album, but I need to check out more.  JSS is a fantastic singer.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Anytime is an UNBELIEVABLE song.  So freakin' good on every level.

I remember you giving it to me in my first roulette.   :tup  Was totally shocked that MSG was allowed here.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
As Tim could probably explain, the whole MSG thing can be confusing. I think they end up having three self titled albums overall.

I wouldn't have allowed anything from MSG, the original band but did allow MCauley Schenker because Ive never actually bought anything from them.

I've heard Anytime a few songs before and thought it was a great song, but listening to it again, that deserves TAC classic status!!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Just need the Wolfster for R8

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
As Tim could probably explain, the whole MSG thing can be confusing. I think they end up having three self titled albums overall.

I wouldn't have allowed anything from MSG, the original band but did allow MCauley Schenker because Ive never actually bought anything from them.

I've heard Anytime a few songs before and thought it was a great song, but listening to it again, that deserves TAC classic status!!

The McCauley/Schenker albums were in the end, quite frustrating and disappointing. Best of the bunch was Save Yourself, where Schenker is ripping through the whole thing.