Author Topic: jjrocks rocking roulette rocks!! jjrocks rocking winner rocks!!  (Read 64469 times)

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I like this roulette. Send metal, get a good score. I don't even care if I'm not winning this one. It's just fun and relaxed ride.

Just relax and have fun. Cause you're a fun guy

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Damn. I score a 9.5 and LOSE ground! :lol

Another 80's TAC Classic on its way as soon as I get home from work.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't want to run commentary on the songs but when I was preparing a few tracks to bring with me on the road I never really considered that you were such a shred head for one  ;)

you can thank wolf for that one!

:tup

I actually forgot about recommending Jason those albums but remember it well reading the writeup.  Well done to Paul for sneaking the Cacophony in there.

I'll start looking for something to send.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I never knew that Addicted To That Rush got radio play/ charted (barely) up in your neck of the woods.

The instant I saw that Wait was a bonus song, I knew in my soul that Addicted to That Rush would also be there.  Call it local knowledge.  That tune was all over the radio and Much Music in the late 80s.

Now, just wait until I re-group and annex that "7" of mine from last round.  Think I might know a couple more of the bands that the bonus songs are from, it's just a matter of getting the right tune.  But I'm not going to go that route unless I tank again - which I have no intention of doing.

So Jay, I just email you my 'wild card' replacement tune as well this round?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Alright sent, hopefully it gets accepted.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
How about you introduce some bonuses into your roulette where local knowledge is of benefit Kade?  :neverusethis:

I remember when I was researching my Top 50 and doing a few wiki look ups I couldn't believe how well some of the bands had charted (Tesla for example) that only diehards out here would know.  Mr big did chart out here but only with To Be With You.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
 :lol  i think it's hard enough already for some.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
:lol  i think it's hard enough already for some.
Guess you could say that, yeah.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Chad, you can send your bonus anytime anywhere.

I'll assume it's just to replace your "7"

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
 I sent my third Japanese bonus points song
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I sent my third Japanese bonus points song

Yeah, you need all the help you can get.  :neverusethis:
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I have Chads bonus, hopefully I will update today or tommorow.

With the scores so close and the bonus/wild cards going, I foresee a lot of twists and turns for the last four rounds.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I have Chads bonus, hopefully I will update today or tommorow.

With the scores so close and the bonus/wild cards going, I foresee a lot of twists and turns for the last four rounds.

Boom!  I'm still stunned this band was available.  Got a feeling I'm gonna get a few :getoffmylawn: + :facepalm: from my competitors - especially Kade.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Round 5 update, Chad's bonus

Pretty Maids- Pandemonium:  I am very familiar with Pretty Maid's first three albums and enjoy them all.  But I don't think I've heard anything from them post Jump the Gun (1990).  The sound is still the same and still great pure heavy metal.  Really enjoying this one and it was a smart selection on your part for an upgrade in score.  8.5

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
With the bonus, Chad takes a slight lead.  For the first time, Brent isn't in first place, but all still very close.

Chad- 54.5
Brent- 54
Lowdz- 53
Hath- 52.5
Splent- 52.5
EM- 51.5
TAC- 51
Wolf- 50.5
Fluff- 41.5

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Sent! Not sure what I was thinking with this one, but well, here we go.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

:lol

It's locked in

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni

:lol

It's locked in

Well I'm fucked, aren't I? :lol

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
you sent Joan Baez?
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
you sent Joan Baez?

Nah, I'm not that reckless.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Blondie is awesome!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Everyone is in for R7 except for the Chadster and Paulster.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Blondie is awesome!!

So is Winger!!!

Sending in a moment.

PS Jay... the last 3 Pretty Maids albums are the tits.  5* across the board.  Glad that one worked.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I believe I intercepted some Canadian ..um..intelligence and I'm going to capture some Japanese Bonus Points!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I believe I intercepted some Canadian ..um..intelligence and I'm going to capture some Japanese Bonus Points!

Is this

a) Heel Tim speaking
b) Normal Tim responding with his instincts
c) Normal Tim responding with the opposite of what he was going to say

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni

I sent for some Japanese Bonus Points too, but I think I'll get a 6/10 instead. You see, it's really difficult to judge which songs were getting enough radio play and chart success in 80s if you were born in 1993. :lol

But at least I won't have any trouble in Spencer's 60s-70s round if I get to that one. So I guess as far as youngsters go, I'm not that hopeless. :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
That's some bonus    :omg:..............based on average scores to this point around +2.5 for the guess and +1.5 for the wild card. Certainly changes things up.

Well played by Chad..............I suppose  :lol  I always did hate Japanese bonus tracks  ;D

I will just keep sending new music and ask for the protection of the metal gods.

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
That's some bonus    :omg:..............based on average scores to this point around +2.5 for the guess and +1.5 for the wild card. Certainly changes things up.

Well played by Chad..............I suppose  :lol  I always did hate Japanese bonus tracks  ;D

I will just keep sending new music and ask for the protection of the metal gods.

Brent, with all your cd's, did you never get the Japanese versions of any of them?  It was always a wonder why they would have alot of the bonus tracks, while American versions had jack squat.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Oh yeah............plenty of Japanese versions.  I understand why it is/was done and the bonus tracks were often as good , if not better , than many of the regular tracks.  I just didn't like having to fork out massive import prices for the full quota of tracks.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Is this

a) Heel Tim speaking

No such thing as "Heel Tim"!

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
what would your wife say about that?
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Some of us need that extra bit of "performance enhancement"   :biggrin:  Good thing there's no drug testing going on here.  Definitely at least 2.5 extra for correctly submitting a bonus eligible track.  Helps the recovery from my prior 'duds'.

Sented.  The Empire Strikes Back.  Most will know what I'm talkin 'bout.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
what would your wife say about that?

a) Heel Tim speaking

d) All of the above  ;D