Author Topic: jjrocks rocking roulette rocks!! jjrocks rocking winner rocks!!  (Read 64471 times)

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Splent is taking Chads title as the dirtiest player in the game when it comes to roulettes.

Says the guy supplying the dirt  ;D

I knew I was risking a drop in ranking with that one but had to send them for obscurity factor.  They sound better than they look

Sending some gourmet cheese this round
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Those guys look drunk as fuck

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
They still look better than Autograph!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
They still look better than Autograph!

I don't know about that...

No, yeah. You're right. :lol
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
 :lol
That's worse than I remember!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Tim what's the despise level of Autograph compared to Winger?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Oh, I love Autograph!

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
 :lol I can tell

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Round 6 of this controversial roulette is now open!!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I hate that singer in Autograph.  Needs a punch in the face, annoying as fuck.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Wolf, didn't you have a post in your roulette saying you were having a bad day and pissed. I request you to blast X Factor and Jugulator for the rest of the night

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Wow, 10! I expected an 8. :lol Nice.

Will send something this evening.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Just need songs from Wolf, Paul, EM, and Fluff for round 6

Offline Lowdz

Will send in the morning if that's ok. Just going to bed.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Wolf, didn't you have a post in your roulette saying you were having a bad day and pissed. I request you to blast X Factor and Jugulator for the rest of the night

Haha, yeah man that's what I should have done.  Still might do that.  :metal

Sending now.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Will send in the morning if that's ok. Just going to bed.

Sounds good

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I forgot to send yesterday. :lol You'll get my song in a few hours this evening.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 12:43:29 AM by Evermind »

Offline Lowdz

Sent

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Everyones in and some great songs this round.  At least one perfect score.

Results Monday!

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran

Results Monday!

if it's a fucking secret song, I'm gonna lose my shit  :lol
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
That's top secret!

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor

Results Monday!

if it's a fucking secret song, I'm gonna lose my shit  :lol

Don't worry I didn't send another Japanese bonus rojnd
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
You didn't need to.   :biggrin:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Alright, round 6 results.  I would say the best overall so far!

TAC:

Malice- Breathing down your neck:  I've heard this album, Licence to Kill, a couple times before and liked it.  Listening to it again, I love it.  This is old school metal 101 and I can see why this is a TAC classic.  Very Lizzy Borden sounding and right up my alley.  9.5

Hath:

Racer X- Superheroes:  I have and am familiar with the first two Racer X albums.  I'm a big fan of both, but for whatever reason, I haven't heard anything else from the band besides those two albums.  I even sent a Racer X song in one of Chads roulettes.  Well I should check out other material from them because this is just as good as those first two albums.  Fantastic pure metal, great call Hath!  9.5

Splent:

Max Webster- Battle Scar:  I've heard my fair share of Kim Mitchell over the years listening to Canadian radio.  I know I've heard this song before, but never paid much attention to it.  The special guests on this song are non other then Rush.  Great Canadian rock here and more enjoyable then most Kim Mitchell/Max Webster songs that I've heard.  8

Wolf:

Firewind- Into the Fire:  Kade knows his modern metal probably better then anyone, and this is another great song from him.  Just pure straight up metal, I really liked the chorus on this one.  Wolf is very consistent with his selections! 8.5

Lowdz:

Cacophony- Concerto:  A couple years back, Kade got me into a bunch of different guitar instrumental albums, including Becker and Friedman.  He also mentioned that they had this project together, but to be leery of it because the vocals were somewhat subpar.  However, this track doesn't have any vocals and Becker and Friedman just rip on it.  As good as it gets for me when it comes to guitar instrumentals.  Love this one.  10

Fluff:

Janis Joplin- I need a man to love:  While I've never gotten into or been a fan of Janis, you still got to respect her abilities and her material.  This song would be like the rest of her discography to me; I can appreciate it, but will never fully get into it.  6.5

Evermind:

Serious Black- I seek no other life:  Another pedal to the metal song from EM.  The vocalist on this track is Urban Breed, who is a standout singer to me.  Brent sent a song with him of vox as well earlier and I was also impressed.  This is great stuff and just pure metal- just what I like!  Great choice.  9

Brent:

Crystal Eyes- Shadow Rider:  Mix Iron Maiden/Iced Earth and a modern sound, and you clearly have a winning formula.  Brent, like Kade, know alot of their modern metal with a classic tinge.  Another great selection from Brent and you'll never go wrong sending me a song like this one.  Guitar outro was a standout part of this song.  9

Chad:

Mr Big- Addicted to that Rush:  The 3rd of the 20 lottery songs is correctly picked.  Now Chad and Splent are BB's- bonus buddies.  11

Again, great songs this round!

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
OP updated with scores and bands.  Though 6 rounds

Chad- 54.5
Brent- 54
Lowdz- 53
Hath- 52.5
Splent- 52.5
EM- 51.5
TAC- 51
Wolf- 50.5
Fluff- 41.5

Still very close, round 7 now open!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 11:31:15 AM by jjrock88 »

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Time to lose our shit Hath  :lol
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I might wait until tomorrow to send Jay.    I've been a little bit surprised at how certain styles (not mine) are rating......might need to make some adjustments .  I'm still another week away from having access to my music , so need to sit down with a few ouzos, have a good think and see if my rapidly deteriorating memory can come to my rescue  :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I might wait until tomorrow to send Jay.    I've been a little bit surprised at how certain styles (not mine) are rating......might need to make some adjustments .  I'm still another week away from having access to my music , so need to sit down with a few ouzos, have a good think and see if my rapidly deteriorating memory can come to my rescue  :lol

Which songs surprised you?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't want to run commentary on the songs but when I was preparing a few tracks to bring with me on the road I never really considered that you were such a shred head for one  ;)

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't want to run commentary on the songs but when I was preparing a few tracks to bring with me on the road I never really considered that you were such a shred head for one  ;)

you can thank wolf for that one!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Thought of something for the next round while I have a think about the rest of what I had lined up .  Sending shortly 

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I never knew that Addicted To That Rush got radio play/ charted (barely) up in your neck of the woods.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I like this roulette. Send metal, get a good score. I don't even care if I'm not winning this one. It's just fun and relaxed ride.