Author Topic: jjrocks rocking roulette rocks!! jjrocks rocking winner rocks!!  (Read 64424 times)

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
Re: jjrocks rocking roulette rocks!! rocking round 2 results rock!!!!!
« Reply #245 on: April 18, 2016, 08:36:20 AM »
ok, just resent it.  Let me know if you have it now or not.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #246 on: April 18, 2016, 10:51:03 AM »
ok, just resent it.  Let me know if you have it now or not.

No still didn't get it. Maybe try to PM it to me or just PM me the band and song title.

I'll give you .0025 bonus points for your inconvenience

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #247 on: April 18, 2016, 11:01:10 AM »
well crap.  I'm sending it to these three guys, which one are you?

Winger would be better!

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #248 on: April 18, 2016, 11:07:46 AM »
It's JJ. You're supposed to send it to him:

I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #249 on: April 18, 2016, 11:10:35 AM »
 :facepalm:

that explains it!  I was in the wrong sport!
Winger would be better!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #250 on: April 18, 2016, 11:19:22 AM »
A lot of different dudes are going to be getting strange emails about a roulette song!!!

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #251 on: April 18, 2016, 11:28:55 AM »
Sent! I'm out of inspiration at Mondays so I sent something from jj's IPod list.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #252 on: April 18, 2016, 01:24:39 PM »
I've got everyone!  No question this will be the highest rated round yet of the roulette!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #253 on: April 18, 2016, 01:25:28 PM »
Lots of good power ballad guesses eh?  :lol  Splent is giving me nightmares :)
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #254 on: April 18, 2016, 01:30:40 PM »
Lots of good power ballad guesses eh?  :lol  Splent is giving me nightmares :)

:lol No I didn't send a power ballad

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #255 on: April 18, 2016, 01:33:41 PM »
worlds are colliding!!!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #256 on: April 19, 2016, 06:06:52 AM »
To keep Chads "drip" going, I should have R3 results posted Thursday!

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #257 on: April 19, 2016, 10:38:15 AM »
I'll take it

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #258 on: April 20, 2016, 05:37:09 AM »
Results tommorow!!

Some awesome songs this round!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #259 on: April 20, 2016, 01:35:04 PM »
Actually I have some time today, so I'll post R3 results.  Some great tunes this time around.

TAC:

Alice Cooper: What do you want from me-  I will have the same review for both Tim and EM.  I'm a big fan of both Alice Cooper and the Scorpions from their classic era, but from what I've heard, both have been somewhat inconsistent from the mid 90's onward.  This tune, along with the Scorpions tune, is great stuff.  Both would fit in well with their classic era material and I enjoyed both.  Very catchy!  8

Evermind:

Scorpions: 321- See above. 8

Lowdz:

Tyketto: Forever Young-  This is a band name that I've seen many times over the years, but never checked them out.  This is fantastic early 90's melodic metal.  Just the classic sounding voice for this era of music.  I would be interested in seeing what Brent rates this song and album, because to me, this song is Brent 101.  Great choice! 9

Wolf:

Iron Savior: Heavy Metal Never Dies-  I've liked everything that I've heard from Iron Savior.  If ACDC is paint by the numbers hard rock, then Iron Savior should be in consideration for paint by the numbers heavy metal.  This is a band that plays straight up heavy metal and will likely never change up their formula.  And why bother, they kick serious ass.  Kade, check out their version of Priest's Desert Plains.  8.5

Fluff:

Sepultura: Stronger than Hate- This is another band that I've seen the name of probably hundreds of times over the years.  I've never been the biggest fan of thrash.  Slayer, Overkill, Testament (the loudest band I've ever seen live) are great bands, but when it comes to thrash, its usually the vocals that bring it down for me.  This is the same case with Sepultura.  The songs is heavy as heck, but the vocals don't do much for me.  Still a cool song.  7

Chad:

Empires of Eden: Hammer Down- This song is pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty good.  Actually its more then pretty good, its freaking awesome.  How did I not know about this song before??  Rob Rock, Steve Grimmett, UDO, among others singing on this kick ass tune.  Just a fantastic, screaming slab of pure metal!!  My favorite song of the roulette so far.  10

Brent:

Liege Lord: Fallout- I've liked what I've always heard from Liege Lord, but for whatever reason, never bought anything from them or listened to them at great length.  This is just pure heavy metal delight.  Brent described it as Bruce Dickinson fronting KTA era Metallica.  What a great description and fits it perfectly.  Liege Lord is classic metal 101 and alot of bands like them just seem to have a cult following just like alot of straight up metal bands from the 80's like Breaker, Warlord, Banshee, Grim Reaper,Agent Steel, Omen, Malice, Vicous Rumors, Shark Island.  Didn't fit into glam or thrash, just meat and potatos metal.  Awesome stuff and just behind Chads song from R3 for my favorite so far.  9.5

Splent:

Toto: Girl Goodbye- I know a few songs from Toto.  I don't mind Africa and I actually really like Hold the Line.  I've never heard this song before.  Good classic rock song.  Has a touch of prog and I maybe sense a touch of disco lol.  Not something I would listen to often, but I liked it.  7

Hath:

Moon Doc:  Watching Your Way-  Hath double dipped with Wolf and myself but sending us both this song.  Wolf had a good description for it and gave it a mid 9 review.  I probably wouldn't rate it that high, I still thought it was a great kick ass tune! 8.5
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 02:06:42 PM by jjrock88 »

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #260 on: April 20, 2016, 01:38:44 PM »
OP updated with points and bands.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Boo-fucking-YAH!

On my phone, so nw Seinfeld celebration gif unfortunately.

Now we all just need Brent to stumble, as he's already starting to run away with this. Got what I think is another great one lined up for this round.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
That's why I've designed the Japanese bonus point feature. So nobody will ever be completely out of this roulette. So I'm telling you there's a chance.

And Chad, for getting a solid 10, I expect 3 Seinfeld gifs later

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Nice work Chad.  I'll send tonight.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Lowdz

Good round. Some good stuff there.

Offline Lowdz

Sent

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
 I had a feeling that you would think it was OK but it went rock quite enough, so I expected a score like that.

I'm sending a possible bonus round for my next submission. I was at the site between the three or four possibles LOL

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
And Chad, for getting a solid 10, I expect 3 Seinfeld gifs later

My reaction to my score:

Submission later tonight:

I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Haha that's gold Chad, gold!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Round 4 sent.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I wonder if I will ever get anything else than 8 in this roulette. Maybe I should send David Gilmour and get a 7. :lol

Will send a tune this evening.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
Winger would be better!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Got 4 songs already!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Sent.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
Still trying to decide what song to send. Gah! I'll send something sometime today. I THINK I know which one I'm going to pick.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #275 on: April 21, 2016, 06:34:58 AM »

Tyketto: Forever Young-  This is a band name that I've seen many times over the years, but never checked them out.  This is fantastic early 90's melodic metal.  Just the classic sounding voice for this era of music.  I would be interested in seeing what Brent rates this song and album, because to me, this song is Brent 101.  Great choice! 9

Definitely Brent 101 ten years ago but these days a classic album that I havent listened to in ages.   Definitely at the softer end of my taste these days , where it takes strong unique song writing and a stellar vocal to impress.  This song has both , so yeah.  It's one of 2 or 3 standouts on the album.

This brings back memories of one of my better shopping expeditions - Tyketto's Don't Come Easy and Vinnie Moore's Meltdown as a gamble from a bargain bin.  $8 for both.

Back to business - it surprised me that a recent release has trumped mine so I need to try and hear that song.  I do have that album at home (unlistened to)  but am still on the road for the next 2+ weeks and have limited music with me.  Will try YT etc......and see if I can inform my next choice with what makes it a 10/10.  I wasn't expecting anything so good on that album otherwise it wouldn't be sitting back home  :)

You liked the Tyketto more than I would expect too JJ , so that will give me the confidence to send something I was 50/50 on in terms of its heaviness.

Will try and get something done tonight , if not in the morning.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #276 on: April 21, 2016, 06:39:05 AM »
You liked the Tyketto more than I would expect too JJ , so that will give me the confidence to send something I was 50/50 on in terms of its heaviness.

was about to post something very similar to this
Winger would be better!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Sented :metal

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #278 on: April 21, 2016, 09:18:51 AM »

Definitely Brent 101 ten years ago but these days a classic album that I havent listened to in ages.   Definitely at the softer end of my taste these days , where it takes strong unique song writing and a stellar vocal to impress.  This song has both , so yeah.  It's one of 2 or 3 standouts on the album.

This brings back memories of one of my better shopping expeditions - Tyketto's Don't Come Easy and Vinnie Moore's Meltdown as a gamble from a bargain bin.  $8 for both.

Back to business - it surprised me that a recent release has trumped mine so I need to try and hear that song.  I do have that album at home (unlistened to)  but am still on the road for the next 2+ weeks and have limited music with me.  Will try YT etc......and see if I can inform my next choice with what makes it a 10/10.  I wasn't expecting anything so good on that album otherwise it wouldn't be sitting back home  :)

Will try and get something done tonight , if not in the morning.

There are 3 or so very good tracks and a few average ones on the album, but a great voice will go a long way.
I've gone with the metal this time though  :biggrin:

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah I found the Tyketto to have a similar vibe to maybe a Harem Scarem or House of Lords; that early 90s melodic metal sound.

I just need a song from EM, then everyone is in for R4.

I will say that two people have sent songs from the same band, but different selections. So like with Wolf, I'm good to keep both!