jjrocks rocking roulette rocks!! jjrocks rocking winner rocks!!

Started by jjrock88, April 09, 2016, 02:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Hath

do you see how little he regards you and your roulette!?

wolfking

Ok sent.

No no, just got in a bit late last night, posted the rest of the bands submitted in mine then crashed.  :lol

Jason knows I love him.

jjrock88

Wolf wants me to pass along a message to Hath

"Am I talking to you pinhead?"

Big Hath

wolfking

jjrock88

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

jjrock88

Quote from: jingle.boy on April 15, 2016, 03:14:12 PM
:crypt:

24 hrs and no activity!  wth?

Chad, I was expecting a Seinfeld and/or wrestling gif every two hours from you during this roulette.  So some of the blame is yours.  Plus Tim is on a quick vacation.  What a jerkstore- he chose holidays over a DTF roulette!!

splent

wolfking

If Jason gets round 2 results before I get round 1 up, I'll be sweating!  :lol

jjrock88

Quote from: wolfking on April 15, 2016, 03:23:35 PM

Its funny you mention that Kade.  I am waiting to post R2 until you post R1.  I'm trying to sync these bad boys.

splent

DOOOOOO IIIIIIIT!!!!!!!

jjrock88

Quote from: splent on April 15, 2016, 03:25:39 PM

DOOOOOO IIIIIIIT!!!!!!!

I've never seen anyone more excited for roulettes then the Splentster.  When he hosts one, I can imagine he will be posting results every day!

jingle.boy

Quote from: jjrock88 on April 15, 2016, 03:25:30 PM

Its funny you mention that Kade.  I am waiting to post R2 until you post R1.  I'm trying to sync these bad boys.

No... no... no...  Don't sync them - space them out so that we have a steady roulette "drip" every few days.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

splent

Quote from: jingle.boy on April 15, 2016, 04:21:35 PM
Quote from: jjrock88 on April 15, 2016, 03:25:30 PM

No... no... no...  Don't sync them - space them out so that we have a steady roulette "drip" every few days.

I agree.  You have to realize that wolfking's roulette has several more people so it will take longer to do listens and writeups.

Quote from: jjrock88 on April 15, 2016, 03:27:31 PM
Quote from: splent on April 15, 2016, 03:25:39 PM

DOOOOOO IIIIIIIT!!!!!!!

I've never seen anyone more excited for roulettes then the Splentster.  When he hosts one, I can imagine he will be posting results every day!

Haha I wouldn't go that far. Depends on how many people I get. BUT I have plenty of stuff planned to keep people amused while they wait ;)

jjrock88

wolfking

Yeah mate feel free to post whenever you're ready, don't wait.  Go at your own pace bro.

TAC

Quote from: jjrock88 on April 15, 2016, 03:19:58 PM

Chad, I was expecting a Seinfeld and/or wrestling gif every two hours from you during this roulette.  So some of the blame is yours.  Plus Tim is on a quick vacation.  What a jerkstore- he chose holidays over a DTF roulette!!

Is jerkstore Canadian for really cool guy?

:neverusethis:
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

jjrock88

Alright, Tim is back from his one day vacation. Yes jerk store is Canadian and you're a very cool guy, eh!!

TAC

Quote from: jjrock88 on April 15, 2016, 06:05:26 PM
Alright, Tim is back from his one day vacation. Yes jerk store is Canadian and you're a very cool guy, eh!!
When I said next Saturday I meant NEXT Saturday! :lol

Just checking in.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

jingle.boy

Quote from: jjrock88 on April 15, 2016, 03:19:58 PM

Every 2 hours??  Can't a guy get some shut-eye.

Big Hath

no, you cannot.  I hear a certain restaurant is opening right across the street from you.

jingle.boy

jingle.boy

Lowdz

Yeah, what the Canuck said. Only not quite as mentally

splent

jjrock88

I was going to wait til after Wolf posted R1, but an Ultimate Warrior results demand wins all day long

Round 2 results!!!

TAC:

Shadow Quest- All One:  Very similar for me as the Bloodbound song from R1 (same vocalist), this is just no bones about it, straight up metal.  The vocals tend to make it Hammerfallish to me again.  But cool song, no question. 8

Kade:

Grand Magus- Triumph & Power:  Very cool song.  Reminds me of a possible modernish Manowar or Virgin Steele.  Great vocals and great guitar solo as well.  8.5

Fluff:

Datsuns- Lady:  Garage rock 101.  I can appreciate this kind of music, but never in a million years would I buy it or listen to it on a regular basis.  This is why I could never fully get into early Alice Cooper.  Just too much of that garage rock sound.  Not bad though, just doesnt really float my boat.  Sorry brother.  6

Brent:

Trail of Murder- Some Stand Alone:  Hellz Yeah!  You mentioned that this was your album of the year in 2012 and I can see why.  This is again, modern metal done right.  Almost gives me a vibe of an amped up modern day Queensryche.  The vocals are great, and looking into Urban Breed I see he was the singer of Tad Morose, another band I like what I hear from.  My favorite of the round. 9

Splent:

Autograph- Turn Up the Radio:  F'n Whammo Bammo Bonus.  Spent, you get full points plus one Japanese bonus point.  You also have a wild card to re-do any round, any time.  11

Chad:

Freedom Call- The Quest:  Besides Helloween, I've never really gotten into much European Happy Power Metal.  I'm as cheesy as it gets, but even I have some boundaries.  For example, Rhapsody does very little for me.  Freedom Call; however, is much better then that, but still came across as a less manlier version of Manowar.  Epic for sure and still a good song.  7.5

Hath:

Pink Cream 69- Gods Come Together:  I don't have anything from PC69, but have checked them out a few times due to Andi Deris being the ex lead singer.  I really liked what I heard from the Deris era, but never heard much post Deris.  This is a great melodic tune and very enjoyable.  It seems that PC69 is a very underated band and should have had more success.  8

Evermind:

Blind Guardian- Majesty:  This is another band that I've always liked what I've heard from, but don't own anything.  Hansi's vocals never really did much for me.  However, on this tune both Hansi and the band are on fire.  Great performance and great selection.  8

Paul:

Royal Hunt- Lies:  Yet another band I've looked into checking out; this was due to DC Cooper being the vocalist on some albums.  I liked what I heard on the song "message to God" and this band sounds very cool.  I listened to some of that new album a couple of years ago and found it pretty boring.  However, this song is great solid metal with a good vocalist John West.  He's no DC, but not many guys are.  I might have found it slightly generic to get it a score of eight.  Good tune. 7.5

jjrock88

Evermind

Damn, 8 again! But this time I think it's not so bad.

Will send tomorrow.
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

jingle.boy

Damn... thought those crunchy riffs might do it for ya.  Congrats to Splent for finding a needle.  Tough round... but I like the marking scheme.

Time to pull some of the heavy artillery.

splent

YESSSSSS!!!! I had a feeling. That song is straight up 80s Rock to the core. It's an essential track.

Ok. I have some other possibles for other bonus points that may work. I know a lot of the 80s Rock/metal songs due to my dad being in a band that performs a lot of them.

Won't go for one this round, instead taking a slightly different route I think. It may be 80s Rock, it may be more modern rock/metal

I'll send in a bit.

splent

And sent. Went out on a little bit of a limb. I think I have a couple of other wildcard song possibilities up my sleeve in case this doesn't work ;)

Lowdz

Hmm. I'm not a fan of DC Cooper at all. I'd take John west any day.

A couple of possible sends gone too this round. That Trail of Murder is great and was probably going to be sent next.

jjrock88