Author Topic: The "I (fill in blank) for (uber famous person)" Thread!!!  (Read 10340 times)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
The "I (fill in blank) for (uber famous person)" Thread!!!
« on: April 04, 2016, 07:50:01 PM »
I cooked room amenities for former president Bill Clinton this weekend. My first former head of state, before that my top (politically) was Joe Biden.

Brag about who you had come into your work or whatever and what you did for them....

(my list is pretty extensive, the tops being Ian McKellan and Steven Hawking, both of whom I made lunch for)

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
Re: The "I (fill in blank) for (uber famous person)" Thread!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 08:28:36 PM »
The governor of Minnesota, Mark Dayton came into my store and asked me where the dog bones were.

The thing about Dayton is that he always looks like he's on the verge of crying. So it seemed like a very emotional question.

So, I sold dog bones to the governor
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 09:02:43 PM »
I've had dinner with two Nobel prize winners (both chemistry).

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
I've performed fellatio on Gumby.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 09:22:27 PM »
I've performed fellatio on Gumby.

So Gumby was feeling a little Pokey, so he Prickled your Blockhead until there was Goo?
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

• DT.net Member
It was in a Denali.
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 09:24:13 PM »
Goddamn man. I'm not even gonna banter here. That's just flawless wordplay  :hefdaddy
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 09:31:01 PM »
Black Label Society opened for my Kiss tribute band.  Also, Eric Singer played 4 songs with us at a Kiss convention. Does that count?

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 10:15:38 PM »
Jenilee Harrison's husband (and I guess her in extension) lives in the property I work for.

Black Label Society opened for my Kiss tribute band.  Also, Eric Singer played 4 songs with us at a Kiss convention. Does that count?

:metal
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Calvin6s

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 11:15:27 PM »
It wouldn't count as much if you opened for them, but they opened for you.  So   :tup

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016, 04:04:10 AM »
I had a beer with Bono. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Manolito Mystiq

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2016, 04:50:00 AM »
At a concert by Nuno Bettencourt, I performed on stage with his guitar accompanied by his band Population 1.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2016, 06:00:27 AM »
I opened the door for an incredibly drunk Dave Matthews who couldn't figure out how to use the door handle. He then went and played (really well in fact) for 2.5 hours.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2016, 06:04:16 AM »
I cut ham for the woman who played Lois on Malcom and the Middle
I made a sandwich for Alec Baldwin
I had daily conversations with Rip Torn for several summers
I sliced some kind of meat for Jane Curtin
I showed Rain Wilson where he could find an 18" corndog (he asked me where I got mine)

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2016, 06:09:31 AM »
Im gonna go a different way with the original line.

I (am a dead ringer) for (Ben Affleck)

or I used to be

I've met some heads of state a few celebrities.

The one that makes me smile the most is meeting legendary hockey coach the late Al Arbor.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2016, 07:32:20 AM »
^^^ I actually met Al Arbour as well.   Very nice man, albeit quiet, at least when I met him.

I showed Rain Wilson where he could find an 18" corndog (he asked me where I got mine)

Was that all the same transaction?
Rainn:  Hey big boy.
Chino: Check this out! <Pulls out "18" corndog">
Rainn:  WoW! Where'd you get THAT???

I provided security for Busty Heart (a semi-famous semi-local stripper with size 85GGG boobs or something ridiculous like that). 

I bought a drink for Ron "The Hedge Hog" Jeremy in Los Angeles.

I also crashed a shopping cart into Jaclyn Smith's shopping cart in Los Angeles. 

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2016, 07:44:49 AM »

Was that all the same transaction?
Rainn:  Hey big boy.
Chino: Check this out! <Pulls out "18" corndog">
Rainn:  WoW! Where'd you get THAT???

Hahah. I was on the pier in Venice Beach, eating this behemoth of a corndog while watching this hippie girl play guitar. Rainn tapped me on the shoulder and asked me where I got it. I walked him around the corner and showed him. It took me a second to recognize who he was as he had a beard and weird hat on. I didn't acknowledge him as a celebrity. I just showed him where to find the goods.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2016, 08:37:37 AM »
Venice Beach is awesome for that kind of stuff.   

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2016, 08:55:01 AM »
I introduced myself to Barry Levinson and had a conversation with him after he gave the commencement speech at a friend's college graduation.

I have met Michael Jordan.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2016, 10:00:56 AM »
I messed up a room reservation for a famous Swedish chef when I worked at a Hotell reception a couple years ago.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2016, 10:04:25 AM »
Did you get bork-bork'd?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2016, 10:40:58 AM »

It sure as hell does. Speaking of Kiss Conventions, in 1989 we hung out at the hotel bar with Eric Carr.
Well, he was at the high table next to us and we had a great conversation. Got pics with him too.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2016, 10:50:55 AM »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2016, 10:59:14 AM »
Oooh! I forgot!!

I had breakfast with Lou Reed.   Well, I had breakfast at my table, and he had breakfast at his table, but it was right next to mine.  Laurie Anderson was there as well (she was prettier in person, he was not).    He was in a white hotel bathrobe and white terry slippers.   Not really the image you'd expect from "The Godfather of Punk". 

(I was reading "Please Kill Me", the oral history of punk by Legs MacNeil, and I had it with me; before Laurie joined him I was going to have him sign it, but then she came and I didn't want to disrupt their breakfast; good think I didn't, because as I read it further, almost everyone in the book TRASHED Lou Reed. That would have been embarrassing!)

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2016, 11:03:06 AM »
Oh shit! Completely forgot one of my best ones! I was 12 or 13 staying with my parents at a Sheridan hotel down in DC. I'm sitting on the hotel's shuttle waiting to be driven to the subway station, and the goalie from the Mighty Ducks (Goldberg) hopped on and sat right next to me.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2016, 11:18:14 AM »
I was visiting my buddy who lived in Cypress, CA and we went to Disney Land and I got to talk to Corky from Life Goes On and then after was at the Hard Rock and shook hands with Keenen Ivory Wayans.  I suspect that happens a lot if you live out there.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2016, 11:48:09 AM »
I lived in Burbank for about a year, and that happened all the time, but to a lesser degree.  Meaning, you'd see people that you know are quote "celebrities" unquote, but they aren't Leo or Meryl.  I remember going to a restaurant for lunch and two tables over was a guy sitting by himself reading a script.  I knew him - he was a older man, I've seen him on soap operas - but to this day I don't know his name.   Another time my friend John and I went out for a drink (he's from Cambridge, England) and he says to the bartender "you look like that guy from xyz commercial!" and the guy says "I AM the guy from xyz commercial!" and he had pictures to prove it.   

Another one:  I was served a margarita by Kim Delaney's brother in Philly (he was a bartender at a trendy Cuban place; he might still be for all I know). 

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2016, 12:06:22 PM »
Did you get bork-bork'd?
See I saw that coming miles ahead  :lol In reality he didn't bork at me or said anything, he only gave an annoyed look.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2016, 04:05:56 PM »
Damn, some of you guys.

Best I have is going to a Meet and Greet with Peter Schickele (P.D.Q. Bach) and chatting with him a bit.  Dude was razor sharp, as expected.  I told him I'd been a fan of his for decades, and he said "Ah, as in 'decadent'.  Excellent!"

A couple years ago, I was part of a big choral festival with the combined forces of six local choirs.  I stood next to the mayor (who is also a tenor and a pianist) and we chatted a bit.  During one of the rehearsal breaks, he was working on something for an upcoming performance on the piano and he asked for my input on how to play something.  I gave it to him.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2016, 04:35:22 PM »
Was invited to a private cigar party At Arnold Schwarzenegger's restaurant in Santa Monica back around'01.  I was standing with my ex in the receiving line, when Arnie walked by and shook my hand...you could see that "Who the hell are you" look in his eyes.  :lol  Also at that party was Chuck Norris and Jim Belushi, who I actually got too talk to and was a really nice guy.

Back in my first life as a Banquet Manager I served and chatted with a few Celebs... President and Mrs Ford, Bob Hope, Jack Lemmon, Orel Hersheiser, John Denver, Gov. George Deukmejian, Milton Berle and a few more I'm sure.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2016, 04:37:23 PM »
I served John Goodman a cup of coffee in 1998. Dude was extremely softspoken. I think it was a combo of him not wanting to be noticed coupled with the fact that many tall/big dudes tend to consciously be docile to avoid being stereotyped as some burly lout.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2016, 05:55:13 PM »
Lots of great stories, guys!

I missed Joe Pesci by like an hour at the liquor store I worked at in NJ. The cashier who served him was like 6'4 and standing on a platform, and apparently this was their entire exchange (imagine this convo in two very heavy NY accents, obviously):
"You Joe Pesci?"
"Yeah. You really that tall?"
"Yeah."

:rollin

I'm so mad I missed that.

When working in a Colorado liquor store, I once carded a Bronco. He had a baby face, but he was like 6'7 and humongous. I don't know football at all so after he left my boss was like "Don't you know who that was?!" :lol

Umm... I first saw the Stonewall Inn with Drew Carey, who stopped my friend to ask him for a photo of his awesome Halloween costume.

That's about it. I saw Jon Stewart once but didn't bother him because he was clearly trying to be incognito.

Not that he's uber famous, but I bought Marco Minnemann a drink last summer! *swoon*
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2016, 06:11:09 PM »
Holy crap, that TOTALLY sounds like something Joe Pesci would say in a movie. :lol

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2016, 07:16:11 PM »
Yeah, I totally read that in his voice and I saw how his face would move. And the cashier was De Niro.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2016, 07:19:29 PM »

I missed Joe Pesci by like an hour at the liquor store I worked at in NJ. The cashier who served him was like 6'4 and standing on a platform, and apparently this was their entire exchange (imagine this convo in two very heavy NY accents, obviously):
"You Joe Pesci?"
"Yeah. You really that tall?"
"Yeah."

:rollin

I'm so mad I missed that.

Did your friend get stabbed in the neck and then beaten down with a baseball bat? Exactly. So it wasn't Joe Pesci.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2016, 10:21:47 PM »
I don't think either of mine particularly count, but:

My High School was right across the road from this mansion called Parkwood. Parkwood was used as the school in the first X-Men movie (and they might still use occasional shots of it?). So my Grade 10 drama teacher met Patrick Stewart and I also ate in a cafeteria that many of the cast and crew also ate in? More of a degrees of separation thing...

Also I was in the front row at a Devin Townsend concert and he talked to me for like ten seconds.

SO yeah no real celebrity encounters to speak of.

...my name is Araragi.