Author Topic: Smallest venue on TA tour?  (Read 1989 times)

Offline V_R11

Smallest venue on TA tour?
« on: March 25, 2016, 04:00:01 AM »
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what is the smallest venue DT has played on this tour? Every theater seems to have had the capacity of at least 1500 people
Seasons change and so can I

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Smallest venue on TA tour?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 05:52:50 AM »
The Oakdale Theatre in Wallingford is pretty small. The venue seats 4600, but when DT plays there, they don't open the balcony or the side sections. There can't be any more than 2000 people in the crowd.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 08:18:22 AM »
Don't have time to try to look up specifics, but I'd guess that the smallest venue on the current list of tourdates would probably be somewhere in the US, since DT typically plays to smaller audiences there than in Europe. And I'd imagine that it would probably be one of the (relatively) smaller cities instead of one of the big metropolitan locations. So I'd imagine that it is probably one of the following:
Albany, NY
Cincinnati, OH
Royal Oak, MI
Portland, OR
Seattle, WA
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 09:30:41 AM »
^ that's my idea as well, the smaller market US dates seem likely to have the smallest venue.

Offline Volante99

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 12:16:13 AM »
On the last tour they played the Ames Center in Burnsville, MN which seats a little more than 1000 people. Usually they play the State Theatre in Minneapolis which seats 2100 people but I guess the facility was booked that week.

Even LaBrie mention something like "Wow, this place is really "intimate"..."

I do remember tickets went really fast for that show, though.

Online Architeuthis

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 11:04:27 AM »
I don't think it will be Seattle. The Paramount Theater holds nearly 3,000.  It has always been full every time DT plays there. Seattle loves DT!
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 01:46:29 PM »
On the last tour they played the Ames Center in Burnsville, MN which seats a little more than 1000 people. Usually they play the State Theatre in Minneapolis which seats 2100 people but I guess the facility was booked that week.

Even LaBrie mention something like "Wow, this place is really "intimate"..."

I do remember tickets went really fast for that show, though.
And I thought that was the best DT show I've seen because of the small venue. I felt like I was so close to the band and I got a guitar pick at the end because I saw Maddi standing their and I said his name and he threw me one. The sound was really good too.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Uncle Pauly

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2016, 10:06:05 AM »
The venue in Portland has a capacity of 2776.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2016, 10:55:56 AM »
Circus in Stockholm has a capacity of 1.650 persons

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 10:47:26 AM »
I wish they were playing the City National Grove of Anaheim again this tour. It's got a 1700 capacity. I love it.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"